This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I'm a little confused on the ban on profanity on this site. I see people get reprimanded for it's use on the boards all the time (because it's supposed to be an all ages site), but I see profanity in the front page news articles all the time.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Provide the evidence to your argument.

#3 Edited by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Battlepig said:

Removed by mods

I think he meant the profanity on the front page, which was seen in the interview with Scott Snyder with Snyder dropping the F bomb and going uncensored.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Coz its Scott Snyder, he can do what the hell he wants

#5 Edited by The Stegman (23751 posts) - - Show Bio

@Battlepig:

Removed

Watch your language…don't say 'donkey' it's obscene

#6 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Battlepig:

Removed

watch your language...don't say "donkey" it's obscene

LOL!

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Battlepig said:

F*cking sh*t c*ck donkey c*nt. I think that should prove your point.

Edited.

Ur welcome ;)

#8 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a bit of a double standard when it comes to offensive language on this site due to some users being tight with some mods, but there is no point in complaining about it because it'll just get the mods on your back while not changing a thing.

#9 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@Battlepig said:

Fudging shot kick donkey can't. I think that should prove your point.

Edited.

You're welcome. ;)

Edited.

You're welcome.

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: LOL ;D

#11 Posted by Battlepig (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa, apparently, the wambulance is on red alert. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just knew from experience that there's no swear-word-filter in effect, so I figured it would be okay. I didn't mean to offend anyone, really.

But still, on an argumentative level, my point is proven: You apparently can't swear out your heart's desire. It will get censored manually.

And how dare you lot insult the donkey, the most majestic and awesome of all animals?

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Battlepig: You're not allowed to break the rules!? What an amazing discovery! :O

#13 Posted by Dernman (14887 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

There is a bit of a double standard when it comes to offensive language on this site due to some users being tight with some mods, but there is no point in complaining about it because it'll just get the mods on your back while not changing a thing.

yup
#14 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@PowerHerc said:

yup

It appears I'm not alone in my opinion regarding this topic.

#16 Posted by XiiX (7884 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

This.

#17 Edited by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Battlepig said:

Removed by mods

I think he meant the profanity on the front page, which was seen in the interview with Scott Snyder with Snyder dropping the F bomb and going uncensored.

This is specifically what I was talking about. I've also seen Awesome Art Pics that featured profanity. I should have probably said sometimes I see articles that grossly break the profanity rules. Also they go don't seem to go as hard on people in the comment section of the news articles as they do in the forums.

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Fuckface

Shithead

You have a point there too, I guess lol.

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Having a profanity ban here is stupid.

It's Whiskey Media, there are links to other sites at the bottom that have dire amounts of profanity.

You either ban it all or you let the sh*t fly.

Plus, having CV listed as a "kid-friendly" site only perpetuates stereotypes. What? Like video games aren't also thought to just be for kids? Bull.

#19 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Yeah, I agree. I read an article on another comics website about the DC Comics readership survey and it said that less than 2% of their readers are under 18. I don't think that many people get deep into comic books before their teens.

#20 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

There is no double standard...