Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Wow. There's a lot of good points in there. I always thought it was unfair to cut out Batgirls whilst leaving all of the Robins in place, and remove a rare example of disability representation, but I see now that there's even more worse with it than just these things.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Wow. There's a lot of good points in there. I always thought it was unfair to cut out Batgirls whilst leaving all of the Robins in place, and remove a rare example of disability representation, but I see now that there's even more worse with it than just these things.

completely right

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Wow. I read that entire article and it definitely opened my eyes up to what Barbara as Oracle really means. Thanks for sharing.

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats wrong with Babs as batgirl?

God i dont even know where to begin....

And just a thought this,but how do the crooks and mooks in Gotham know her from Batwoman?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Interesting article but nothing that hasn't been touched on before. I agree with the writers overall point even though his whining is like a chore to get through. It was nice to see Babs as Batgirl again but you see how much more useless she is as Batgirl.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

"And then the reboot happened. And in the reboot, we lost all of that. We lost Oracle, the disabled woman who was smarter and more influential than Batman. We lost Cassandra Cain, the disabled woman who could beat Batman in a fight. We lost Stephanie Brown, the woman from a low-income background who let nothing keep her down. And in her place we got… a white able-bodied woman. Not even as she had been before, when her introduction was progressive and her identity a mystery to even Batman himself, but as a tame, cheap version of herself, less her abilities, less the legacy she'd built up over almost 30 years, less her power and influence and protégés. Gone is her time as a congresswoman. Gone is her deciding to retire the Batgirl mantle, rather than the Joker. Gone is her network of operatives. Gone is her status as a hero on equal terms with Batman. And not only do we get this badly downgraded version of Barbara Gordon, but we get it at the expense of Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown, who it seems are being systematically kept out of the New 52."

Yep. Pretty much this. I still think the reboot was good for some characters, but there's no question it was worse for several others.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats wrong with Babs as batgirl?

God i dont even know where to begin....

And just a thought this,but how do the crooks and mooks in Gotham know her from Batwoman?

They look quite different.

No Caption Provided

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By arnoldoaad

Interesting article but nothing that hasn't been touched on before. I agree with the writers overall point even though his whining is like a chore to get through. It was nice to see Babs as Batgirl again but you see how much more useless she is as Batgirl.

The writer is a she.

and yes on one side it very evident how useless Barb is now as batgirl in comparison to Oracle, not only to mention her role as a mentor.

there is nothing wrong with Barb as batgirl but the problem comes on picking one over the other one

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nightwing444

@v_scarlotte_rose: sure they do.to us.if you're a gotham crook in the dark,running scared and see a red headed chick dressed like a bat flying towards you ,you sure wont be noticing if she's wearing red boots or yellow

ChiefSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's wrong with Barbara as Batgirl is that Stephanie Brown is a much better Batgirl.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's wrong with Barbara as Batgirl is that Stephanie Brown is a much better Batgirl.

and that Barbara was much better as Oracle

and that she didnt whine so much

and that she was smarter

and that people respect her more

and that she was the leader of BoP but not anymore

but the article touches on more

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve said:

The writer is a she.

and yes on one side it very evident how useless Barb is now as batgirl in comparison to Oracle, not only to mention her role as a mentor.

there is nothing wrong with Barb as batgirl but the problem comes on picking one over the other one

Exactly. I think It's a nostalgia thing. I'm 27 and not old enough to remember her as Batgirl before (aside from backissues). I bet that's where that decision came from. People who started reading comics in the 90's and 2000's remember her as Batgirl even though she had already established herself as Oracle. I'm enjoying Simone's Batgirl but I prefer Oracle. Simone's run on Birds took the title to a whole new level.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumpo

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

That has a lot of good points and thanks for sharing.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By mightyrearranger

New 52 treatment of Barbara vs. Prometheus throwing her out a window:

Which was meaner?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By ccraft

Barbra is the only Batgirl that I like, the others don't interest me.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18 JediXMan  Moderator

1. Barbara was more interesting as Oracle than she ever was as Batgirl. Now she's back to being bland.

2. Cassandra was a lot more interesting.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bumpo

Damn. After reading,I not only laughed (progressive as f*ck),but I completely agree.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That article was spot on. I think the problem with Batgirl is the problem with the New 52 in general. A lot of character development was thrown out of the window for sensationalism. For me some has been for the better but the trade off is definitely not equal by any means