#1 Edited by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

It can be anything to making Star Wars like it was in the first movies, to the prequels, casting, and story line.

#2 Edited by Xwraith (19582 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Wedge Antilles (and maybe all of Rogue Squadron) featured in some way
  • Respect for previously established continuity.
  • None of Abrams' "remember this scene from the old movie? Well here's one just like it!" bullcrap.
#3 Posted by judasnixon (6703 posts) - - Show Bio

More Muppets....

#4 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (778 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney will ruin star wars. they already want to make it a teen space movie.

#5 Posted by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Benedict Cumbersith of course.

#6 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucas beat them to it.

Epic lightsaber battles and a good story, not one or the other.

#7 Posted by Xwraith (19582 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't heard anything about this.

#8 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

When did they said that? Tell me more.

And they should know better not to do that.

#9 Posted by The_Deathstroker (8025 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis: Why cant it be like the prequels? What's wrong with the stuff in those?

So That means i cant say huge battles and epic Lightsaber duels because that was prequel stuff.

#10 Edited by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstrokergeist said:

@ssjdarthplagueis: Why cant it be like the prequels? What's wrong with the stuff in those?

So That means i cant say huge battles and epic Lightsaber duels because that was prequel stuff.

I didn't say don't make it like the prequels.

I was just giving an example on something you want and don't want that you would like to discuss.

Also when I said "not the prequels" I was trying to say episodes 4-6 so no one wont get confused when I said, "It can be anything to making Star Wars like it was in the first movies."

#11 Edited by The_Deathstroker (8025 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis: I would take (not the prequels) out and change "to" to "from" so it doesn't sound like your saying it can only be from the original series.

On topic:

I'll be back in a few to say what I think.

#12 Posted by JetiiMitra (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a scene halfway through the next one, where Leland Chee jumps out and tells us the only things declared non-canon are TCW and TFU and that everything else we've heard was a joke.

Since that probably won't happen, I would like:

• Thrawn done justice in some capacity.
  • A nod to real Mandalorians (not necessarily in VII but if Boba gets a spinoff film it's possible)
  • Good dialogue/action/pacing/all the normal stuff that goes into a good movie.

And a lot more but I'm keeping it down to this

@xwraith said:
  • Wedge Antilles (and maybe all of Rogue Squadron) featured in some way
  • Respect for previously established continuity.
  • None of Abrams' "remember this scene from the old movie? Well here's one just like it!" bullcrap.

And this.

#13 Posted by JediXMan (31026 posts) - - Show Bio

The EU.

#14 Posted by RDClip (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

More depth in Sith culture that has never been explored in a SW movie. (At least have one character recite the Sith Code)

#15 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (778 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis: @xwraith: @awesam: When they casted in England they revealed a plot involving two teens who are searching through the galaxy to understand the Republic and Sith.(I know this sounds similar to Star Wars 4-6, but the plot was at least a little more mature) and, like a normal Disney movie, it'll be watered down and "kiddy" oriented. the day they bought lucasfilms, Disney released a video of Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers interacting with the rides and kids at Disney parks. if that isn't a sign of immediate failure, then what is?

#16 Posted by Xwraith (19582 posts) - - Show Bio

@comedy_brosusa: They've had Star Wars Weekends at Disney parks for over a decade now.

#17 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6508 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

Lucas beat them to it.

Epic lightsaber battles and a good story, not one or the other.

#18 Edited by comedy_brosUSA (778 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@comedy_brosusa: They've had Star Wars Weekends at Disney parks for over a decade now.

yeah I know that. I've actually been a few times and their really cool, but this was different. it had like a message or something. and was at Magic Kingdom, not Hollywood Studios. it's been awhile since I've watched the video but it looked more like a mockery of the Star Wars legacy than a respect video. unintentional or not.

#19 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

More depth in Sith culture that has never been explored in a SW movie. (At least have one character recite the Sith Code)

I want that too. How much do we really know about them apart that they are EVIL!

#21 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

Boba Fett escaping the scarlac and actually being a decent bounty hunter outside the now erased EU.

#22 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8282 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

@rdclip said:

I want that too. How much do we really know about them apart that they are EVIL!

Well, we know from Obi Wan that only the Sith deal in absolutes....

#23 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

Yes would love to see that. All we usually get from the movies is the Sith are "evil" thing with very little to no history on them at all. But we let the games, novels, and comics cover the history for us.

#24 Edited by PowerHerc (85115 posts) - - Show Bio

Good acting.

#25 Posted by XxEdward_KenwayXx (568 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a flash back of a fight between darth and yoda, just 30 seconds please!! That's all I ask! And it better be well choreographed like the battles in the prequels

#26 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

I always hear spin offs for Star Wars like a rumor for a Han Solo, and Boba Fett movie.

I always wonder how a Darth Vader one would be like. I would like to see him in battle.

#27 Edited by krspaceT (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

A trailer

#28 Posted by MetalJimmor (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

More gungans and ewoks. I'd also like more jawas.

More non-human jedi and sith in general would make me a very happy man.

#29 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6508 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Yes. Is there something you disagree with?

The prequels had a great story, saying Lucas ruined Star Wars is really unfair IMHO.

#30 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25669 posts) - - Show Bio

The EU still intact.

#31 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by opelfl9201 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see a new and exciting chapter in the Star Wars Saga. Thats all I ask for.

#33 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I'd want them to dump the EU stuff—everything except for films and TV. (And it does pain me to say that, but they need elbow room. I'm fine with a pre-Disney/post-Disney split in canon)
  • I'd want it to focus on the next generation when they've grown into young adults. I want to see the adventures of Han & Leia's kids and maybe a few students of Luke's, not the original cast shuffling about the universe.
  • I'd like it to focus on something other than the Sith as the big-bads, otherwise the Emperor's defeat is reduced in importance. Sure, something "Sith-like" and probably dark side users, but not "The Sith™".
  • I'd want it to feature a female lead since the original trilogy had a male lead. (And the prequels had basically no lead, and suffered for it.)
#34 Edited by redleader1 (557 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: a rouge squadron spin off would be awesome.