What Would You Have Written Differently?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Iragexcudder

When you're reading a major crossover event or just a regular issue and you come across something you didn't find correct and would've seen something much different, what's the one (or many) times you've come across this?

For instance, Deadpool vs Daken having that whole "Daken is too fast for Deadpool to react" bs. That, I would've like to see more thought out and have an actual good fight between them, especially when there have been great moments with Wolverine.. It would've been nice.

I would've just brought Nova Prime back to life. Bendis dicked that one for me. (Guardians of the Galaxy #18-20) if you haven't read it, its a roller coaster. Literally a bunch of nonsense that seemed irrelevant to try and keep the characters "in character" when completely forgetting what story this was coming off of, Thanos Imperative. I just feel like Bendis forgot major details out. Like how Star Lord and Thanos die in the Cancerverse but come back buck ass nude yet Nova gets his arm cut off (by Revenger Captain America) and then states he a goner? Sure, Nova was the hero in the end but his "death" was for absolutely nothing.

Idk. I could ramble for days. Let's hear some

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Cap's reasoning in the "Avengers vs. X-Men: Money Grab" event totally went against his character. I'm not sure what I'd do different, I'm not much of a writer. Maybe write something that retconned that entire event.

And while I'm at it I'd write a letter to Kreisberg and Sokolowsk, tell them they're no longer writing Green Arrow, and get Lemire back on the book.

Seriously, though, I'm very interested to see what Jeff Lemire does with Hawkeye.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: Fraction did well and Lemire always caught Ollies greatest quips, he'd do Hawkeyes just as well if not better. I can't wait to read it

But what was Cap reasoning?

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: I will say thatI haven't read the event for myself - which I probably should do before forming opinions based on summaries, but I don't feel like spending money/time on an event that I'm almost certain I won't like. :P - but from what I've read about the event I thought Cap was written out of character.

He went to the mutant's home with an army demanding they hand over Hope. I understand he was acting under orders from the government - after all, he is Captain America, but you'd think he would be a little wary of following orders like that after Civil War - but instead of trying to come to a compromise, trusting the X-men who have already dealt with the Phoenix Force before by themselves, they have to come to blows. And when the Phoenix Force was split into five hosts, which logic suggests would be easier to control, they have to come to blows again. Even though the Phoenix Five did nothing but good Cap treats them like they're villains, even when both Beast and Reed Richards weren't sure they where where doing the right thing.

I also understand that neither the Avengers nor X-Men where blameless, but Cap more than anybody should have been the first to try and prevent a war.

But really, how else was Marvel going to get their heroes at each others throats again? Anyway, sorry for that rant.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durring the final battle in Marvel's Civil War when Cap is fighting Ironman and winning along with his ally's also winning and he gives up. He allready knew they were fighting eachother and in the battle there shouldn't have been a ravelation that it was bad. Also he faught in wars before he should've kept fighting regardless of how unforchanite their situation was. Lastly it was a bit anticlimactic.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would have written AXIS differently... I would make the pacing slower and actually have a story and the charcters would be inverted since issue 2 and the conclusion would be spread over two issues or one giant sized issue...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

One More Day

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One More Day

Here's what I would have written differently: Peter should have given aunt May some of his irradiated blood. Instead of killing her it restores her heath and gives her Parker's awesome powers! Thus a thrilling new chapter begins in the mythos of Spider-Man, with her new abilities she joins the Spider-Family in their fight against crime as -- Spider-May!

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would of made Gwen splat real nice.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have erased Spiderman and The X men from ever happening

I would also rewrite Sentry getting eaten by a giant worm. He's beating Thor's ass with tons of easy, but can't dodge a giant f*cking worm?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82 said:

One More Day

Here's what I would have written differently: Peter should have given aunt May some of his irradiated blood. Instead of killing her it restores her heath and gives her Parker's awesome powers! Thus a thrilling new chapter begins in the mythos of Spider-Man, with her new abilities she joins the Spider-Family in their fight against crime as -- Spider-May!

lol

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers