What would you do with the power

marcus37079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marcus37079

The following is a survey for an upcoming comic book series. While a good deal of it will be action packed, we also want to have a good bit of psychological development.

Given that you suddenly had the power-set(s) explained below, what would you do with it? First, how would it affect your every day life, if at all. Would you get a job relevant to the power, or would you do nothing with it? Take into consideration the psychological movement from your normal life, to what it would become given that you gained these powers. Explain this in as much detail and elaborate as much as you would like. We would prefer around a paragraph or more for each power-set, but don't stress if you only have a few sentences.

You gain the power to enter the mind of other people. With that power comes several different applications. You can control their mind allowing full control of motor skills. You can see superficial thoughts and memories such as their name, age, and address. You have access to their current and recent memories and thoughts. You have the ability to push thoughts and ideas allowing you to have the power of strong subliminal suggestion. When you use this power, assume that your body just disappears temporarily. Also assume that the controlled person has no recollection of you in their mind or what they did while you were in there. There is a limitation to this power, however. Every time you use this power for anything more than the body control, you have a certain degree of temporary amnesia when you return from their body. This degree could be as simple as being slightly dazed and confused, or as severe as forgetting the whole day. These memories will come back after a while. This, once again, is based on the severity of the mental intrusion.

Now for the second power-set. Please answer this one the same way you did the one before.

You gain enhanced regeneration, enhanced strength and speed, enhanced condition, adoptive muscle memory, and retentive/photographic memory. With the regeneration, you have what they call expert level enhanced regeneration. This means that you can easily heal virtually any mortal wound. You can shrug off a bullet, or almost any weapon. You are immune to almost all if not all diseases. Things like fire, drowning, long falls, and many other possibly fatal forces can be easily healed even without active brain function. Your strength is at the type I superhuman level. This means that you can lift and/or throw things like cars, busses, or tanks. This is beyond regular human ability. Your speed level is beyond peak human speed however on the lower end of the superhuman spectrum. This means that no non-superhuman could outrun you, however there are many superhumans that could outrun you. Enhanced condition basically covers all of that and more. Just consider yourself somewhat beyond the highest achievable non-superhuman limits. Adoptive muscle memory is the ability to copy anything you see. This means if you watch Kung Fu movies, you can do Kung Fu If you see Mozart's 9th concerto being played, you can now play Mozart's 9th concerto. Your last ability is retentive/photographic memory. You have the ability to remember virtually everything you see, hear, smell, etc. You can recall anything that has ever happened to you, everything you read, everything you have ever touched, etc.

Once again, this can be answered like the one before. Thank you for taking the time to do this and we look forward to personally reading every response.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Learn the stock market, and become a billionaire. Then use my power to overthrow the government and become a king.

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First a little background: I'm a Graphic Designer by trade and happily married with my first baby girl on the way.

Mental Powers: I would be compelled to use them for the benefit of others. In what way or capacity, I'm not sure; my current skill set doesn't really lend itself well to mental powers of that type. But my first goal would be learning to control and master this ability. For me, this power in my life would be more of a curse than a blessing. It would be difficult to find the time to volunteer at a mental institution or lend my powers to the MUCH NEEDED support of the Florida justice system; I wouldn't be able to give up my day job and fight crime, this is for sure. So while I'm trying to make ends meet, I'd be stressing out over the fact that I'm wasting a power that can help others.

Physical Powers: Likewise, my compunction would be to use them towards the benefit of others; how exactly I'm not sure. This powerset is a bit flashier than its mental counterpart and is more readily witnessed. The safety, privacy and security of my family would be in jeopardy should someone discover what I can do. And by "someone" I mean the government. Also, it's seems to be a "wrong place, right time" sort of power. Meaning, if I happened to be IN the bank when it is getting robbed then I can be of use; however if there's a bank robbery in progress across town, there really isn't much I can do about that. Even with great speed, though fast, I can still easily be seen coming and going, especially by SkyCam helicopters. In light of all the pitfalls associated with them, I would more than likely squander away those powers; using them only when absolutely necessary . . . or moving around furniture.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

1: I'd sit on my bed while mind-controlling people to pick it up and move it around. Then, I'd walk into random people's homes an control them to make me a taco.

2: I'd put the super-speed to awesome use and make a taco really fast.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: :( But I like tacos.........

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Nopes, I'm just hungry :P

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mind control:

I'd honestly probably just read the minds of every scientist on earth and get to work on my thesis, which if perfected would be insane.

Physical:

Meh. I'd probably use it to hit on girls.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: YES, THANK YOU!!! *nom nom nom nom, nom nom, nom nom nom nom nom*

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

With the mental powers I'd force people to give me money. With the physical powers I'd become the next UFC champion.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jojjimbo

Fight crime.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make a god of myself. Go city to city, brainwashing people to form my cult. My horde of worshipers grows larger, my control of an area becomes wider. Soon, I have armies of mind-slaves to back me up. I'd go into other things, but it's most likely not appropiate..