What would you change about a character you like?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Just what the title says.

I'll give an example.

Nova. He a interesting character with a great design. The thing I would change about him is his catch phrase or whatever blue blazes. I really don't like it and he says it quite often.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman may not be my favorite, but I still like him. His main problem is a static rogues gallery who will most likely end up using Kryptonite to beat him. I would make him a cosmic-based hero who spends more time in space dealing with the possible threats to Earth, where he would face tougher villains.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dernman said:

Just what the title says.

I'll give an example.

Nova. He a interesting character with a great design. The thing I would change about him is his catch phrase or whatever blue blazes. I really don't like it and he says it quite often.

Richard rider? Is his catch phrase blue blazes? I saw him say hoo- Hah a couple times, which is funny because in the 90's venom said that on every page....it was the weirdest thing...

Spider-man would be his inability to balance his life and his super hero life. That stuff is all well and good in highschool but his naive aunt will always see the good in him, his new uncle barely likes it. It looks like peter always abandons her lol. Even on uncle bens anniversary he was late to their meeting and she was totally fine with it because she expects it from him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dernman

@w0nd: Yah I meant to put Richard Rider but it must have gotten lost in the edit. Blue Blazes seems like something someone would say in a black and white tv series from the past. It just doesn't sound like someone would say in this day and age let alone how often he says it.

I agree to a certain extent about Spider-Man. I do think some of it is just part of his character but they often go way to far with it. He should come through in his personal life more often.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Batman is also getting a little extreme, he lies to his "family's" faces and then gives them a speech about being 100% honest with them.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

The writers, on all accounts.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Magneto kneeling down....

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman

Water Hand...

Speed Force limits and risk.

You want the water hand back?

You want speed limits and risk?

@irishx said:

Magneto kneeling down....

To Scott? Ya that did feel off to me. It would have been better if he didn't mean it then later on through politics made subtle plays to gain power and sway leadership to himself.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That his robins didn't always die.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey. I'd completely eliminate the cosmic aspects of the Phoenix Force, and just say she's a mutant with unlimited potential for evolution who has reached the cosmic level of her power.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik - Sorceror Supreme

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Family: I would give them a magazine where they live outside of main DC canon, so they care only about themselves and dont have the need to live under the main DC universe rules.

Batman Universe Rules.

The Punisher: The same, but i would bring him back to the 70s and 80s.

Take away the whole only Kriptonyte and Magic hurt Superman thing, it makes thing too boring and pointless.

Spiderman: Get him back to the pre Joe Quesada days.

Wolverine: Explain his origin and all those things were a lie and bring back the good old Logan.

Jason Todd: Let him be Jason Todd and stop pushing him.

Deadpool:Bring back all the old writers.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would swap his butthole and face. For those of you who don't understand, I want his face as a butthole and his butthole as a fave. That means instead of a face, you'd see a butthole dead center and if you looked at his butt you would see a profile of a face protruding out.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Cloakx14

Luke Cage get his own series.

Black Panther starts dating M.

Storm gets pregnant by wolverine

wolverine kill them both while sleepwalking

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By SOG7dc

I would change Ladytron into a more serious character. Still keep the humor but get rid of the parts of her that make her a bad joke

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'd keep the Dobson cover art. Catowman needs a new creative team. I know Simone is busy and all, but I would love to have her on it.

CW isn't a character that demands to have a book, but if you going to keep her going this long, make it worth it

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish spiderman just caught some good luck once in awhile. Everything he touches goes to crap pretty much, he has so much bad luck its ridiculous.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dernman
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dernman

@justthatkid: Yeah I think their should r some risk to the body with constant access to the speed force or a certain amount of time he can use it before his body gets injured. Flash should still be the fastest member among the JL though.

Also for me I would say it makes sense that the same thing (the SF field) that protects him from dying at those speeds or how his hand doesn't shatter when hitting someone should protect whomever he hits enough that it evens out to him punching at normal speed. He wont be hurting guys like Darksied but 1000 punches (just an example) per second is going to take out many a foe. IMP and Speed Steal are terrible ideas for him to have.

If it was up to me though Spider-Man would shoot webs out of his .ss

heh

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: I'd consider that. Just as long as it wasn't like those times it took like five episodes to charge up. :p

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Eh different duration ofcourse. Thing about DBZ is that he had to get use to a transformation before he could use it almost instantaneously be cool doing it that way for Barry. Maybe even maybe making him come off a bit lightning colored when going into Speedforce or heavily using kinda like Future Barry's appearance.

I was mostly making a joke on the shows tenancy to purposely drag certain things out as long as possible. I think the abridged version fixed that though I never saw the abridged version.

I think the more speed for he uses the more energy gets thrown out and when he goes past the safety point he starts turning into that energy and gets pulled (trapped) in the SF.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Dick Grayson - I would like for him to sever ties with the Batfamily.

Silver Surfer - I want his book to be deep and full of philosophical questions with symbolism and allegory, splattered with gorgeous imagery

Kaldur'ahm - I would like for him exist

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Todd - not making him a venom addict.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: When I say Batfamily, I also mean Bruce and he hasn't cut all ties with him, not even close.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Was kidding on the Spider-Man thing by the way :p

I know. :p

Jason Todd - not making him a venom addict.

When was he a venom addict?

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: The reason why I want Dick Grayson severed from the Batfamily has more to do with DC editorial than anything else because he keeps dragged into things because of his relationship with Batman. In an ideal world, I would love for him to hang out with the Batfamily but editorial mandates (which are unlikely to change) ruined a lot of what Kyle Higgins wanted to do with the character because literally whenever he was about to take DG in a new direction, he got pulled back into Gotham. I like the idea of Grayson but when he gets back to being Nightwing, can I trust DC editorial to leave him alone?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik - Sorceror Supreme

That would be so cool.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: look at the covers for red hood and the outlaws issue 35 & 36.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: look at the covers for red hood and the outlaws issue 35 & 36.

Do you mean the 5 years in the future stories they are going to do? I wouldn't worry about that too much. The writer themselves said that the DC in story (future) is static. That when they go back (in story) and it plays out (over real time) the future (in story) will evolve into something different. In other words it's just a possible future that will be replaced.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: no this after the future ends stuff. apparently he's been a venom addict for a while.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian Wayne - Stop being dead.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Damian Wayne - Stop being dead.

It's starting to look like we might get our wish soon. I just hope they don't go the whole "Jason Todd" route.