What would you ask your favorite creator?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

So for those of you who don't know, I write reviews and stuff for a website. About two weeks ago, my editor asked me if I would be interested in doing an interview. Now, not even thinking that it was possible, I decided to aim big and tell him that I'd love to interview Mark Waid, my personal favorite comic book writer ever. Well, just a few hours ago, my editor got back to me with the news that Waid is interested in my interview. Holy sh*t. So, now that I got this far (honestly without even thinking I'd get there), I literally have no idea what I'd even ask him. Of course I'll mention his current work on Daredevil, Hulk, and his new website Thrillbent, but other than that, I'm completely stuck because my fanboyism is bouncing off the walls right now.

So, CV, if you had a chance to interview your favorite creator, just what would you ask them?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SandMan_

Ask him Superman stuff as well dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

@SandMan_: Of course I'll be reminding him that he f*cking wrote Birthright and Kingdom Come!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SandMan_
@Gambit1024: You better not F*ck it up! :P
Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Squalleon

Ask him about his personal favorite Artists and writers!

Depends you wanna focus on the man or the creator?

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By thespideyguy

I would ask Scott Snyder if he would put me in a comic.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By comicace3

Easy I want him to immortalize me by making me a superhero... Lol jk I would ask him what gave him the idea of making my superhero so... badass?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

@Squalleon said:

It was on my list!

Both, really. My editor was telling me to send him between 12 and 14 questions. I figure I split it into three parts: Who he is and how he got there, Ask about his previous work (i.e. Kingdom Come, Birthright, etc.), and what he's currently doing and his future plans.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Squalleon

@Gambit1024 said:

@Squalleon said:

It was on my list!

Both, really. My editor was telling me to send him between 12 and 14 questions. I figure I split it into three parts: Who he is and how he got there, Ask about his previous work (i.e. Kingdom Come, Birthright, etc.), and what he's currently doing and his future plans.

Ask him from where he draws his inspiration and which of his previous works satisfied him the most as a writer!

As for the future plans Where does he want to take the Hulk He will continue to expand the Banner persona or the green giant will get a center role

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

@Squalleon said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Squalleon said:

It was on my list!

Ask him from where he draws his inspiration and which of his previous works satisfied him the most as a writer!

As for the future plans Where does he want to take the Hulk He will continue to expand the Banner persona or the green giant will get a center role

That first one's a good one. After I get done burning through his web comic (which is pretty damn good, btw) I gotta do some research on some recent interviews he did so I don't screw up and ask him the same stuff!

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Jean199999

I'd ask her what she does usually has for breakfast.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sharkbite

I would ask my favorite creator, Christos Gage, to write an ongoing for his miniseries "Absolution".

For Waid, I like the "future dreams" type questions. Like "If you had your choice of any one book to work on, what would you choose?" "Who is your favorite artist to work with?" "If you were launching a new ensemble cast title, who would you put on the team?" "If there were one fringe character you could bring forward into the limelight, who would it be?" and "If you could kill off any one character in a story so grand that it would never be unwritten, who would you kill?"

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By the_tree

Do they have a particular hero that they enjoy writing more than others? What's the difference between writing for a big company like Marvel or DC vs. a smaller one such as Boom! or Dynamite?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Neil Gaiman, would you ever be interested in writing a Star Wars comic book?

Same for Grant Morrison.

I'd say that to Alan Moore, but he already did that... and he'd probably get pissed off.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

Which character does he enjoy the most when writing and maybe what is his favorite read?