• 62 results
#1 Edited by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Superman existed and what would he have done during 9/11?

#2 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5884 posts) - - Show Bio

The second plane would have never hit its mark. Hell neither would the first plane or the third. If they had everyone would have been clear of danger within a few seconds.

#3 Posted by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: Lol, look how that turns out in the DCAU. Buildings always get wrecked on his watch.

#4 Posted by HeckTate (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd X-Ray vision everyone, profile "suspicious looking individuals," and administer full body pat-downs and cavity searches in the name of public safety.

#5 Posted by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman was around in the real world I suspect there would be many tragedies that wouldn't have happened.

#7 Posted by Commander_Kane (717 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by HeckTate (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Seriously though, could you imagine how much less it would suck to get on a plane? You're supposed to arrive at least 2 hours early now!

#9 Posted by Pokeysteve (8557 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@guardiandevil83: Lol, look how that turns out in the DCAU. Buildings always get wrecked on his watch.

Because he's always punching bitches through them. They don't just fall when he's around.

#10 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@hecktate said:

He'd X-Ray vision everyone, profile "suspicious looking individuals," and administer full body pat-downs and cavity searches in the name of public safety.

Hm... only in airports and government buildings I hope.

#11 Posted by Commander_Kane (717 posts) - - Show Bio

If superman existed he could use his x-ray vision to see through Osama Bin Ladens Obama suit

#12 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12255 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman was around in the real world I suspect there would be many tragedies that wouldn't have happened.

I believe this to be the correct answer.

#13 Posted by HeckTate (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@hecktate said:

Nope. EVERYONE.

#14 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@hecktate said:

@dctv3363 said:

@hecktate said:

Nope. EVERYONE.

I don't think I like this. Batman, BATMAN, help please. And Wonder Woman too if your not being out of character.

#15 Posted by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: Lol.

@joshmightbe said:

I believe this to be the correct answer.

Except there'd be more property damage LOL.

#16 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (2103 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Superman could stop a mass school shooting before anyone got hurt? That would be amazing.

#17 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel Superman? He destroys the entire city stopping the first plane.

#18 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12255 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Property damage makes up for all the lives lost during 9/11.

#19 Posted by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Squares (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd have been helping with the relief work.

#21 Posted by XxGin (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be busy getting his ass whopped by Darkseid

He cries for like 5 minutes while injured people begs him for his help than he gets up and goes supersayien 6 around the world making the world go back in time..

#22 Edited by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: This argument would hold a lot more weight if comic Metropolis hadn't been destroyed a thousand times.

#24 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5884 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Lol tru dat, tru dat! They shouldn't, what with his super-senses, making it impossible for anyone to place a bomb in a building or whatnot. But tru dat.

#25 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Man of Steel Superman? He destroys the entire city stopping the first plane.

Oh, not again.....

#26 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22794 posts) - - Show Bio

If superman existed he could use his x-ray vision to see through Osama Bin Ladens Obama suit

ha!

#27 Edited by The Stegman (25526 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

There were actually 4 planes, people seem to forget.

Two aimed at the World Trade Centres, one aimed at the Pentagon and the other aimed at the White House.

I think Bin Lardens plans would have failed miserably. Superman works in America, he'd hear the first plane approaching and the screams of the people in the first building and the plane, then he would take off and redirect the plane.

Then, being on high alert, he'd sense the second plane coming, using his enhanced vision to scope the plane out, then redirect that attack.

Then BOOM BOOM, two flashes would save the White House and the Pentagon. (Got lazy)

#29 Edited by magpiemaggie (5 posts) - - Show Bio

If only.....

#30 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by The_Centurion (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember watching a Stan Lee documentary... He mentioned an issue from WWII where Superman just flew to Adlerhorst or something, grabbed Hitler and took him into custody and the war was over.

Basically almost every crisis wouldn't exist/would be averted if Supes existed.

#32 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd use his ice breath and stoping the planes in its tracks. Sort of like a tornado catching the planes

#33 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Two aimed at the World Trade Centres, one aimed at the Pentagon and the other aimed at the White House.

I think Bin Lardens plans would have failed miserably. Superman works in America, he'd hear the first plane approaching and the screams of the people in the first building and the plane, then he would take off and redirect the plane.

Then, being on high alert, he'd sense the second plane coming, using his enhanced vision to scope the plane out, then redirect that attack.

Then BOOM BOOM, two flashes would save the White House and the Pentagon. (Got lazy)

Well, technically the fourth plane's target has never been confirmed, but intelligence suggests either the White House or Capitol Hill.

But aside from that, you're on-point.

#34 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_centurion: I don't know if that is accurate technically. The story he's most likely referring to never actually appeared in a Superman comic, but instead was a special two pages strip for a magazine shown in black white and red. The cover of Superman #17 (the one of him holding Hitler and Tojo) doesn't actually include a story of that nature the my knowledge and was just a cover. I recall DC themselves saying they didn't want to to do any stories like that since it undermined the actual war effort and what the Soldiers (avid readers in those days) were going through. Basically they felt it was disrespectful (IIRC I came across this in Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics) . Marvel on the other hand didn't care about that and even did an issue of Daredevil vs Hitler (wasn't just Captain America). DC used the same approach with 9/11,celebrating the real life heroes (paramedics, fire fighters, police and rescue workers) as opposed to having some tacky Superman finds and beats up Osama Bin Laden story or some other nonsense, which IMHO, would have been in terrible taste. Same as doing a story where he averts the disaster. It would be a horrible and disrespectful thing to do IMHO.

#35 Edited by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

I can imagine all of this happening in Superman the animated series lol.

#36 Posted by batkevin74 (11141 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15:

It is possible he may of prevented it, he may of prevented it way back when they did the car bomb in the basement back in the 80's. That would change the timeline and we're into What If/Elseworld territory. Would he of intervened in the Soviet-Afghan War? The Sarin gas attacks in Tokyo? Hurrican Katrina? The list is endless.

And like the comics, for every good deed, a plethora of other things happen BECAUSE he's helping.

#37 Posted by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this thread a lot.

#39 Posted by RetconCrisis (4439 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd use his re-construction vision that he used on the Great Wall of China and then fly backwards the planet's orbit like he did in Superman IV to reverse time...

#40 Posted by RogueShadow (11596 posts) - - Show Bio

Saved everyone. Ever.

#42 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: this comment makes no sense.

#43 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm.. Save everyone.

#46 Posted by ganon15 (1689 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Uhm.. Save everyone.

Put some imagination into it, mate. :-p

#47 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@bruxae said:

Uhm.. Save everyone.

Put some imagination into it, mate. :-p

Hm, stop the planes, saving everyone.

#48 Edited by Havenless (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

If Man of Steel is anything to go by, he probably would have saved the Twin Towers by deflecting the planes into 6 other buildings.

And then common sensed people would question his tactics while Superman fanboys would label them trolls.

Nah, that would never happen.

#49 Posted by cameron83 (7629 posts) - - Show Bio

If Man of Steel is anything to go by, he probably would have saved the Twin Towers by deflecting the planes into 6 other buildings.

And then common sensed people would question his tactics while Superman fanboys would label them trolls.

Nah, that would never happen.

LMFAO

If Superman existed,honestly I think the world would be so much better......

Hell,he could probably take down every terrorist organization as soon as they started

#50 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Many, many people would be saved. Sometimes I wish there was a Superman during tragedies like this one...