what would happen if you give goku prep time?

spidermangoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i was thinking about this what if goku had prep before a fight

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you see the anime ? that's what goku with prep would do.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

Err, he trains for years before some fights knowing who he's going to fight, how much more prep does he need?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blade_R

Goku's prep primarily consists of training. He might grab some senzu beans too, but they're for the bad guy, because you know...when you're about to fight somebody who could potentially destroy you, everybody you know and love, everybody on the planet and even the planet itself, you want it to be a fair fight lol I love Goku

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

He got time to prep on his way to Namek.

He got a years prep for Vegeta and Napa

He got time to prep for the androids.

He got a year to prep for Cell.

He's gotten a lot of prep time before.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He does nothing besides train

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Hyperbolic time chamber is his prep lol

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He yells for the entire duration of his prep time, and becomes a super saiyan 11 or something

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Eating would probably be involved, too.

Yeah

spidermangoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spidermangoku

He got time to prep on his way to Namek.

He got a years prep for Vegeta and Napa

He got time to prep for the androids.

He got a year to prep for Cell.

He's gotten a lot of prep time before.

he had a year to train to fight nappa and vegeta

and a week to train to namek i think and he became over 100% stronger and 100% faster each time vegeta who was stronger than goku could not defeat rocome goku did in one shot

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperbolic Time Chamber forever a hundred years

spidermangoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperbolic Time Chamber forever a hundred years

right the time one year in one day so one week is 7 years of prep time for goku and he would be over 700% stronger

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can use THTC for 2 days (2 years there) and no more,after that he'll be trapped inside.He already used that time...

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dratini1331

right the time one year in one day so one week is 7 years of prep time for goku and he would be over 700% stronger

Not quite. As goku pointed out to vegeta, the Time chamber doesn't give equal returns, which makes sense. There's a limit to the amount you can advance doing the same thing over and over again. This is, obviously, why people lift heavier weights the stronger they get. Goku would not be 700% stronger.

He actually can't even use the time chamber again (which is one of the issues I have with GT). He explicitly states that he used the time chamber once during his training with Kami, and that the chamber can only be used "twice in a lifetime", and later clarifies that each person can only have a total of 48 hours in the chamber.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mortein  Online

@parallax_hal_jordan said:

He can use THTC for 2 days (2 years there) and no more,after that he'll be trapped inside.He already used that time...

That was before they became powerful enough to destroy dimensional barriers with a scream. I don't see anything stopping them from staying in as long as they want to.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Eat, train, sleep.

Repeat.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By youknowwhattodo

The bigger question is what would happen if Goku showed up to fights on time?

Dynamo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

Eat, train, sleep.

Repeat.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mortein  Online
DCrunstheShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Goku's prep primarily consists of training. He might grab some senzu beans too, but they're for the bad guy, because you know...when you're about to fight somebody who could potentially destroy you, everybody you know and love, everybody on the planet and even the planet itself, you want it to be a fair fight lol I love Goku

haha nice one

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would train and het stronger but have worse feats for some reason.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nouthing because he is dumb

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mortein  Online

@army2442 said:

He would train and het stronger but have worse feats for some reason.

It's like when he trains, he's not getting more powerful, but he's making the rest of the universe less powerful.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

That was before they became powerful enough to destroy dimensional barriers with a scream. I don't see anything stopping them from staying in as long as they want to.

It's not about power,it's about realize what to do to destroy that barrier...you know,Boo did it accidentally,he screamed because he'll not eat the candies he loves so much again,not to open a hole in a dimensional barrier. If Gotenks told him,the yeah,you're right

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably train, go fishing, and sleep.

Goku is not the type who benefits from prep because he doesn't fight like that.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lots of training and lots of food, probably some Senzu Beans, *puts on Archer voice* just like classic Goku

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Nothing.Considering the times he does have prep and how he just ignores any plan or stratagy Piccolo would cook up

spidermangoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By spidermangoku

@spidermangoku said:

Not quite. As goku pointed out to vegeta, the Time chamber doesn't give equal returns, which makes sense. There's a limit to the amount you can advance doing the same thing over and over again. This is, obviously, why people lift heavier weights the stronger they get. Goku would not be 700% stronger.

He actually can't even use the time chamber again (which is one of the issues I have with GT). He explicitly states that he used the time chamber once during his training with Kami, and that the chamber can only be used "twice in a lifetime", and later clarifies that each person can only have a total of 48 hours in the chamber.

That not really what i said if Goku had prep time of a week it would be over a year of prep time vegeta lifting weights did not increase his power the same as Goku and Gohan who mastered super saiyan while vegeta and trunks only powered up to increase the power and lost speed Gohan super saiyan 2 is all the power of ascended super saiyan with speed bost Broli is all the speed and massive power boost

700% stronger not in one week but massively stronger than before

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

@mortein said:

@parallax_hal_jordan said:

• It is said in the Imperfect Cell Saga that only two people can enter the Time Chamber at a time, yet, Goten, Trunks, Piccolo and Super Buu at once are all in it in the Fusion Saga. This is cleared up when it is stated that the chamber only has enough supplies to last two people for an entire year; Goten and Trunks only spent roughly 2 weeks in the chamber, and Piccolo and Buu were only in the chamber for a matter of hours. It is unlikely there is any limit to just how many people can enter the chamber at one time, though without bringing your own supplies or severe rationing, more than two people would have to leave the chamber earlier than one year.

so i don't think there is a time limit to the time chamber just how much food you have for 2 years and there could be as many as could be in the time chamber at one time is not realy said the limit one can be in there just how much food there is

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Becomes more powerful.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermangoku: However, that's incorrect as he is incapable of using the time chamber. A week for goku is a week, not 7 years.

none of the things you posted have anything to do with what you said either AFAIK.

spidermangoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermangoku: However, that's incorrect as he is incapable of using the time chamber. A week for goku is a week, not 7 years.

none of the things you posted have anything to do with what you said either AFAIK.

a day is one year mabey not 7 years but not the point if goku had prep time it would be double or even triple the normal time and he would become much stronger even past supersayin to supersayin 2 ect

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermangoku: ???? How would Goku extend time? He's incapable of using the time chamber.

spidermangoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermangoku: ???? How would Goku extend time? He's incapable of using the time chamber.

you mean the 2 times rule then how is future trunks and kid trunks able to inter more than twice i dont think it only 2 times i think it it more like there is only time for 2 times before cell some one has to put food in there? right if some could only go in 2 times how does that make since?

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermangoku said:

so i don't think there is a time limit to the time chamber just how much food you have for 2 years and there could be as many as could be in the time chamber at one time is not realy said the limit one can be in there just how much food there is

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Piccolo explicitly said there was a time limit and Mr Popo what would happen if they stay longer.

But,since i read it in another language (Spanish,but i don't know Japanese to know which translation is more accurate) i now don't know if you can't stay longer than 2 days in a lifetime (Spanish version) or you just can't stay more than 2 days at a time (this scans)...But,since Vegeta just didn't said "well,i stay 2 days,wait outside the Chamber and stay 2 more days and so on until the Cell games starts" and the fact Trunks said "But at least we can use it for more than a day" (duh,i mean,Vegeta knows than 2 days is more than 1) a pointless comment IMO (In the Spanish version Trunks said something like "We still have 1 more day" ,maybe redundant,but not pointless) all those things make me believe that the Spanish version maybe correct (strictly speaking about this situation,of course)

And even if the English version is right,they can stay longer than 2 days,but the door will disappear anyway

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kyrees

@spidermangoku: future trunks never entered the room when he was young and future trunks came from an alternate timeline

spidermangoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By spidermangoku

that still does not explain trunks able to inter 3 times and it even said thay could use it for two days

@spidermangoku said:

• It is said in the Imperfect Cell Saga that only two people can enter the Time Chamber at a time, yet, Goten, Trunks, Piccolo and Super Buu at once are all in it in the Fusion Saga. This is cleared up when it is stated that the chamber only has enough supplies to last two people for an entire year; Goten and Trunks only spent roughly 2 weeks in the chamber, and Piccolo and Buu were only in the chamber for a matter of hours. It is unlikely there is any limit to just how many people can enter the chamber at one time, though without bringing your own supplies or severe rationing, more than two people would have to leave the chamber earlier than one year.

Can you tell me where something about the food is ever stated?i don't remember it,it's in the anime?

Piccolo explicitly said there was a time limit and Mr Popo what would happen if they stay longer.

But,since i read it in another language (Spanish,but i don't know Japanese to know which translation is more accurate) i now don't know if you can't stay longer than 2 days in a lifetime (Spanish version) or you just can't stay more than 2 days at a time (this scans)...But,since Vegeta just didn't said "well,i stay 2 days,wait outside the Chamber and stay 2 more days and so on until the Cell games starts" and the fact Trunks said "But at least we can use it for more than a day" (duh,i mean,Vegeta knows than 2 days is more than 1) a pointless comment IMO (In the Spanish version Trunks said something like "We still have 1 more day" ,maybe redundant,but not pointless) all those things make me believe that the Spanish version maybe correct

And even if the English version is right,they can stay longer than 2 days,but the door will disappear anyway

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermangoku: you are lumping trunks and future trunks together. they are different people from different timelines.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_stegman  Moderator

He just trains and reaches Super Saiyan 34.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you mean the 2 times rule then how is future trunks and kid trunks able to inter more than twice i dont think it only 2 times i think it it more like there is only time for 2 times before cell some one has to put food in there? right if some could only go in 2 times how does that make since?

Future Trunks and Kid trunks are 2 completely different people. Future trunks is from an alternate dimension/timeline entirely. He's a physically different person.

No, they can't enter it again once 48 hours total has been used up. the only time this has been broken is in GT, but GT is full of it regardless and has been retconned. It's stated that the entrance will disappear, and that the user will be stuck in the alternate dimension. It has nothing to do with the supplies required, though that would also be a problem after a while.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidermangoku: You're missing the point completely,he can't stay a whole week,because after 2 days (even if the spanish version is wrong and is not 2 days in a lifetime but 2 days at a time) the door will disappear anyway,and he'll be trapped there.Unless we're talking about BoG Goku,Boo saga Goku isn't as strong as Ssj3 Gotenks or Super Boo (Ssj2 Gotenks wasn't enough),he won't make his way out with a scream nor he will teleport outside.And even if this is BoG Goku,he don't know what to do to destroy the dimensional barrier.