#1 Posted by TrevorPhilips (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's say the joker went to a normal prison, not arkham asylum. Just a maximum security prison where all murderers/rapists/kidnappers go, where gangs are and everything. What do you think would happen?

#2 Posted by MonsterStomp (13340 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd escape, easily or take over the prison.

#3 Edited by TrevorPhilips (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Well I'd been watching prison documentaries which made me create this topic. The prison guys seem pretty f-----d up, I remember one guy lit a fire on this one dude and cooked food off of him. You think the joker could top that?

#4 Posted by RetconCrisis (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Same thing that has happened in his history, except he wouldn't have met Harley Quinn.

#5 Posted by MonsterStomp (13340 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by iaconpoint (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: You think the joker could top that?

In about the first five minutes he was there. First, while he'd have people wanting to off him to make their name, he'd also have plenty of sycophants willing to do his bidding. Second, since he's psychotic and has no real pain threshold, any one that attacks him is very libel to lose body parts at first, then be faced with a very painful death later. I just think Joker would have the prison taken over in a matter of days due to the fact that regular prison guards aren't trained to deal with someone like him. He even scares trained doctors at Arkham.

#7 Edited by Black_Claw (2821 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd break out. But not before making life hell for the staff and the other prisoners.

#8 Edited by Dr_Harlequin (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't this shown in an issue of Gotham City Sirens?

#9 Posted by War Killer (19521 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you haven't played Arkham Origins, huh?

#10 Edited by Dr_Harlequin (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Oh dude! kinda-but-not-really spoiler!

And didn't he get help from Bane?

#11 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (4558 posts) - - Show Bio

Please Joker probably already has henchmen in there.

You know, unless this is Dark Knight's Joker and he was sent to the prison of those dudes he planned to blow up that one time. That would explain his absense in Rises

#12 Posted by Chibi_cute (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker would stir things up.. and would rule the prison secretly.

#13 Posted by lesterlawton (488 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd end up deceased, with a shiv in his back.

#14 Posted by Joygirl (15407 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothin' to say that hasn't been said. Joker dominates a place that isn't designed to deal with him.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you haven't played Arkham Origins, huh?

My thoughts exactly lol.

#16 Posted by LyraFay (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Please Joker probably already has henchmen in there.

You know, unless this is Dark Knight's Joker and he was sent to the prison of those dudes he planned to blow up that one time. That would explain his absense in Rises

He doesn't always have henchman, sometimes he can just get out.

#17 Posted by MetalJimmor (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistically with actually competent prison guards in a world where Joker doesn't have an army of dumb goons that don't know any better than to work for him?

The Joker goes from the Clown King to the Clown Queen.

Modern maximum security prisons are no joke. It takes a lot more to escape them than to be "Unpredictable" and "Extremely creative". There's also a very low chance of any of the inmates taking Joker seriously as a leader or a person. Joker doesn't have any physical prowess to speak of with the exception of a few fights with Batman or moments where he is far beyond where he's suppose to be physically. Not that it'd matter really. Joker would be on the fast track to a death sentence, or killed outright in prison by one of the inmates who thinks he is too horrific to be allowed to live, even in a prison.

#18 Posted by reaverlation (7637 posts) - - Show Bio

He takes over.

#19 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4558 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay: Well, that is true. They should put him under 38hr, lock down or something extreme.

#20 Posted by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

@trevorphilips: Hello. Please remember that ComicVine has a no swearing policy. In the future it is okay to substitute with grawlixes however. Cheers.

#21 Posted by Veshark (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

It rhymes with grape. It rhymes with grape!

In seriousness, if the prison warden was smart, he'd stick him in solitary.

#22 Posted by TrevorPhilips (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: my apologies I didn't realize I said that.

#23 Posted by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

@trevorphilips: No worries mate, sometimes they slip out. ^_^.

As for thread, interesting idea and comments! Usually certain comic characters get afforded certain abilities and favor because they are constructed and written to be a bit more exaggerated than average. So in some situations, the Joker could be emphasized to be incredibly scary and bizarre even in a tough prison setting, intimidating those that are rarely intimidated, and so on, but also depending how one wishes to think about it, as far as various prison stories and incidents - well hypothetically you could have a whole prison full of Jokers or mini Jokers with their own peculiarities. Have been some crazy stories incidents of bizarre inmates or prison riots or just bizarre individuals who ended up in jail and committing bizarre extreme acts.

I mean as far as coincidences beside playing Batman villain Bane, Tom Hardy has also played Charles Bronson who has/had a reputation of being a bit of a personality and there are probably definitely a lot more crazy and dangerous psychos in prisons out there. Could be a great mini series either way.