What would a Lego DC/Marvel crossover game be like?

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Edited By CaptainLantern76
Aw yeah!
Aw yeah!

Ah, yes, Lego Superheroes. I was so excited when I heard this Lego theme was coming. When it began, I asked and asked for sets. I have several sets now - too bad I can't seem to build the bigger ones. To this day, I can't look at Target's Lego Isle without feeling like a bum.

I was also excited when I learned there would be video games based off the theme. Even more excited, actually. I thought there was going to be a Lego DC/Marvel crossover game! So I was a bit dissapointed to here that the first game would be called Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.

No Caption Provided

Now, don't me wrong, Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes is still a very fun game. Still, the name. Why "Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes"? Why not Lego Justice League or Lego DC Super Heroes?Still, it was awesome to see heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash in Lego form. And the idea of Lex Luthor and the Joker as the villains - predictable, but still awesome, though I would've preferred Darkseid as the main villain.

No Caption Provided

And of course,another Lego video game based off the theme is coming - Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Featuring over 100 playable characters, from Captain America to Deadpool to the Incredible Hulk. And unlike the DC game, there doesn't seem to be an overarching plot; instead, you are assigned missions to combat villains like Loki and Galactus. Not that I'm complaining.

But what if there WAS going to be a DC/Marvel Lego video game?

And yes, I know how unlikely a game like this is to happen. Yes, I am aware that DC and Marvel are too busy competing in movies for both to cooperate and let this game see the light of day. So I don't need to hear it in the comments. This blog is not about the likeliness of the game and all that other crap. This is about what the game itself would be like - as in, the characters, locations, and plot.

Marvel and DC have managed to make crossovers before. Several, actually.

But there has never been a Marvel/DC video game before. And the Lego Superheroes theme means that if there are Marvel/DC games in the future, Lego could be the first to make one.

I shall reveal my version of what the game could be like, and you all can reveal your thoughts on it and, if you want, your own versions, in the comments below.

Characters

Everyone knows there are just so many characters from DC and Marvel that could be in this game. The Marvel game alone will have over 100 playable characters, so imagine how many characters could be playable in this possible game.

Of course, this isn't my complete list of playable characters (I'll make a list for that soon). It's just the characters that MUST appear.

No matter what the rest of the game would be like, it's fairly conclusive that the big-name superheroes from both companies, like Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine, would appear.

But what about superheroes not so familiar to the public. It sure would be nice to see at least a few of those heroes.

A particular example from DC that I want is the Justice Society. Now, I realize the Justice Society is not in the New 52 continuity, but the DC Universe shown in the game could be an amalgam of continuties like the New 52, New Earth, and the DCAU. Which means a possibility for the JSA to appear.

Hell yeah.
Hell yeah.

I would also like to see at least a minor role for Wally West. As for other superheroes from the two companies, I would like to see the Outsiders, some Green Lanterns like Kilowog, Elektra, Moon Knight, Black Panther, Adam Strange, US Agent, Booster Gold, Firestorm, and Wonder Man.

Alright, let's get to the supervillains now. First off, the villains that are most likely guaranteed to appear if this game were to happen would be villains like Lex Luthor, the Joker, Catwoman, Sinestro, Green Goblin, Red Skull, Dr. Doom, and Magneto. In other words, all the big-name villains.

And let's not forget Darkseid and Thanos. They would be very likely to appear.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But in addition to heroes not as famous to the public as Supes and Spidey I would like to see villains the not as famous to the public as Lex Luthor and the Green Goblin. Like DC's Promethus and Marvel's Kang the Conquerer, just to name two examples. Maybe even villains like Dragon Man, Skurge the Executioner, KG Beast, and Hector Hammond.

And also maybe appearances from characters like Lois Lane and Aunt May.

Locations

Every LEGO game has a hub - for this game, though, I think there should be two hubs: The Watchtower for the DC characters and the S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier for the Marvel characters.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'd say both the Marvel and DC versions of Atlantis should appear. Imagine that,

For DC locations, I'd say Metropolis, Gotham, and Coast City should be the cities that appear. Within those cities, the following locations should appear: the Daily Planet (Metropolis), LexCorp (Metropolis) Wayne Manor/The Batcave (Gotham), Arkham Asylum (Gotham), Wayne Industries (Gotham), and Ferris Aircraft (Coast City). I'd also like to see Black Adam's country, Khandaq, appear, as well as Paradise Island and Gorilla City. For DC planets, I'd say Oa, Rann, Mogo, Korugar, Apokolips, and New Genesis appear.

For

As for Marvel locations, New York City would obviously appear. Within NYC, I'd like to see Avengers Mansion, the Baxter Building, Stark Industries, the Daily Planet, the X-Mansion, and the Sanctum Sanctorum. For Marvel countries, I'd like to see Wakanda, Genosha, and Latveria. Murderworld would be nice as well. For cosmic locations, I'd like to see Asgard, Mephisto's Realm, Skrullos, Jotunheim, and Ego the Living Planet.

Plot

And now that I've gone through the characters and locations for the game, let's talk about the plot.

Now, what threat would be dire enough to unite both the DC and Marvel characters? I have three ideas.

1. They could base the game off the original, abandoned concept for JLA/Avengers. Let me explain, for those of you who don't know, back in 1983 the concept was that Marvel's Kang the Conquerer and DC's Lord of Time teamed up and manipulated the JLA and Avengers into fighting each other, with some gemstone as the catalyst. This plot could be incorporated into this game, except with villains like the Joker and Venom as well as other superheroes like Spider-Man and Adam Strange. I'd say that some DC and Marvel characters should learn that they were manipulated early on and try to stop Krang and the Lord of Time while the others beat each other senseless. It COULD work. Of course, the reason why this concept was abandoned was because solid reasons or motives were hard to get. That IS a flaw in this otherwise decent idea, so they would have to rework the concept a little.
  2. This version involves some strange force causing the DC and Marvel universes to merge - and as the worlds merge, the Marvel and DC superheroes try to figure out what the hell is going on. As they unite and try to find the force that is merging, all kinds of chaos occurs throughout the universes, which villains like the Joker, Darkseid, Loki, and Thanos use to their advantage.
  3. My third idea is that maybe there is a team-up between villains (besides Kang the Conquerer) from both universes. I have yet to find solid reasons and motives, but here are the ways I think this idea could go.
    1. Anti-Monitor and Galactus
    2. Thanos and Darkseid
    3. Legion of Doom and Masters of Evil

Out of all of these, my personal favorite is Idea #2. If this game ever does see the light of day, that's the one I want the most. If #3 is what would happen, though, then I'd love to see the team-up between Darkseid and Thanos, with other villains being like obstacles to the heroes. But honestly. the Legion of Doom/Masters of Evil team-up is the most plausible. But the Anti-Monitor/Galactus team-up is the most dire and epic (in terms of solid reasons and motives, though, it's the hardest to give this one a feel that isn't forced).

Okay, that's my version of what the game could be like. What do you think, and what are YOUR ideas?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Wow this is a really impressive collection of ideas you have here. I remember that abandoned plot for an earlier JLA/Avengers team up. Quite a shame it didn't see the light. In any case, this game would cover the length and bredth of two fictional universes so this is quite the feat. I'd quite like Smallville to be in there too. Great ideas Cap, this would make for one heck of a crossover game!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Now that would be cool to see. Specially if they fused Thanos and Darkseid together to make a new villain - but that would have been too much like Dark Kahn in MK vs DC.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that would be cool to see. Specially if they fused Thanos and Darkseid together to make a new villain - but that would have been too much like Dark Kahn in MK vs DC.

There is a Darkseid/Thanos amalgam: Thanoseid

No Caption Provided

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh sh*t... Can you see the potential barriers that are opened by this idea?

@dragonborn_ct said:

There is a Darkseid/Thanos amalgam: Thanoseid

No Caption Provided

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All I gotta say is that I really, really love your ideas. Great job!

Iron117Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I LOVE your ideas, but the JSA, they may only throw in a FEW members, not all.

I think maybe Darkseid/Thanos is more likely than Kaang and the Lord of Time; with the Masters of Evil and Legion of Doom being brainwashed or something. We could have villain parings such as Dr. Doom and Lex Luthor, Loki and Ares, Green Goblin and Joker, Red Skull and Ra's Al Ghul and several others.

As for heroes here's who I hope to see.

Marvel: Captain America, Iron-man, Thor, Hulk, Spider-man, Wolverine, the Fantastic Four, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Ghost Rider, Quicksilver, Silver Surfer

DC: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Night Wing, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Martian Manhunter, Shazam

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptainLantern76

@iron117prime: Wow, that LoD and MoE being brainwashed thing....that would be AWESOME! Yep, that's the story idea I want.

Also, an idea I didn't mention...the two Atlantis' going to war with each other at the beginning.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

A Lego Marvel & DC would be awesome!

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MatteoPG

Although some of your story ideas are cool, I wouldn't like a game like this. I know everybody raves about lego games, but it just seems to me that they would be so much better if they were a very similar game, but with no lego as a theme/setting.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: I understand. Yes, a non-Lego DC/Marvel crossover game would be fricking awesome! But we must face the reality - with the Lego having one theme for both DC and Marvel, and having made 2 video games based off the theme, a DC/Marvel video game in the near future will most likely have a Lego theme/setting.

And personally, I want 'Lego Marvel vs. DC Super Heroes' because it would allow for, like, 200 playable characters (the Lego Marvel game alone had 100 playable characters. Now imagine DC mixed into that) whereas a non-Lego DC/Marvel game, which I would still buy and do want, would probably have 30 or 40, the latter # being a stretch.

Avatar image for radioactivespider-fan
RadioactiveSpider-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that Lego Batman 3 just came out and it has like 150 characters, we could definitely see this happening.

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainlantern76: A fighting game and RPG lego superheroes style games would be fantastic. They should have multiple skins/alt costumes as well. Id be psyched about an injutice style marvel and DC crossover fighting game.