What will happen to Captain America and Magneto in 30 Years?

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Tex_The_Slayer

Cap and Magneto especially rely heavily on the events on WW 2 and such for their origins. In 30 years where everyone who was even remotely apart of that will be dead. How will this effect Cap and Magneto's future? I Guess they could just say cap was thawed out even longer after WW 2. What about Magneto?

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cap is easy. Just retcon the SSS to allow for an even slower aging process. Eric on the otherhand I am not sure.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By M3th

@tex_the_slayer: Captain America will be fineif anytHing it will enHance His gimmick. Magneto is going to need a retcon. He's going to Have to gain anotHer power or sometHing.

-ABstract4$$#073-

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap will just be on ice longer, though eventually he'll end up having an origin similar to Major Victorys.

Magneto is tricky. Perhaps he'll be sent forward in time or something.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tex_the_slayer: Yeah, I was going to mention that but I figured kid magneto could just sent forward in time and then meet Xavier, maybe

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Ironically, the further we get from the 1940s the opposite it gets for both Captain America and Magneto in terms of good or bad.

For Cap, because he's a man out of time, the further we get away from the 40s means that's literally more time he was kept frozen in ice and would leave an even bigger gap for him to catch up on and thus lead to him feeling even more out of place in the present day. It actually helps his character as he's built upon being a man out of time, someone who grew up in the 1940s and finds himself waking up literally decades later and having to adjust to that huge change. Just image how Cap will be, whether it be through retcons or full reboot, when we reach the 2040s and Cap finds himself waking up after being frozen for a 100 years, that just makes his character even more interesting as it's a bigger adjustment for him.

For Magneto, the biggest problem he has really is continuing to explain how he's not an old man. I know there have been times in the past where he's been de-aged or what not, but the further we get away from the 1940s the harder it'll be for Marvel to continue to tie his origins back to that time period.