What was wrong/right with this movie: Transformers

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

I'm making a series of forum threads asking specifics on what was wrong and what was right (oposed to what you liked and didn't like) with some comic book films...

Movie: Transformers

Example:

• Right: There were the Autobots and the Decepticons
  • Wrong: Bumblebee was a Camaro instead of a Bug
goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By goosehorn

right: seemless CG
wrong:didnt care for the other autobots could have made them better

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By box turtle

Right: Cool Special Effects

Wrong: Bad jokes, minimal story, Bumblebee wasn't a VW beetle, no Dinobots.

We missed you, Grimlock.
Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kastiel
  • Right: The autobots (except bumblebee)
    • Wrong: Megan Fox, mudflap, skids, too long
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sora_thekey
@Kastiel said:
Why?
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Apparition

there was sooooooo much wrong with this movie but the special effects were impressive :)

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sora_thekey

@Apparition: I wanna know the so much wrong... that's why I made the thread!!

I kind of made this so we could put aside opinions and focus on facts!

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kastiel
@sora_thekey said:
"@Kastiel said:
Why?"

I just hated Megan Fox after she said that she was too pretty to get the same roles as other actresses. Mudflap and Skids just didn't like them. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
This Movie was Awesome... I have No Complaints for it...
Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jamiracles

Right: Megan Fox
Wrong: Toe Thumb

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@Jamiracles said:
" Right: Megan FoxWrong: Toe Thumb "
it's all i could think about
Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jamiracles
@Kal'smahboi: Particularly the part where shes crying and she puts her hand over her mouth. But I'd be willing to compromise.
Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@Jamiracles: i don't know. i'd put up with a lot for megan fox but toe-thumb? I guess i'd have to play it by ear.
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aronmorales

Right: Freakin' amazing.
Wrong: i thought it was going to be dumb.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DEADPOOL

Just one per category?

Right:
Highly entertaining.
Wrong: Convenient plot devices.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Right: Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime
Wrong: Megatron in action for 10 minutes or less

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By G'bandit

I like Bumblebee been a Camaro actually him been a bug would of bugged me even if he has always been my fav

Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Omg chris
@Kastiel said:
" @sora_thekey said:
"@Kastiel said:
Why?"
I just hated Megan Fox after she said that she was too pretty to get the same roles as other actresses. Mudflap and Skids just didn't like them.  "
what making fun of my megan nooooooo ill pretend i didnt read lol
Deadspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deadspace
@Kastiel said:
" @sora_thekey said:
"@Kastiel said:
Why?"
I just hated Megan Fox after she said that she was too pretty to get the same roles as other actresses. Mudflap and Skids just didn't like them.  "
I thought Mudflap and Skids were awesome.
Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lyrad

Right: Autobots and Decepticons looked amazing.

Wrong: Not enough Megatron

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kastiel
@Omg chris said:
"@Kastiel said:
" @sora_thekey said:
"@Kastiel said:
Why?"
what making fun of my megan nooooooo ill pretend i didnt read lol "

Your "megan" looks plastic.
Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lyrad

She's fit,  but nothing special.

She has a mint body and a moody, enticing  look...... But..... Have you heard her in interviews?  She's so big headed, she loves her self so much and to me, that is a massive turn off.

And.... She's not that great of an actress..... In most of her future roles, she will more than likely be picked due to her looks other than her talent.

Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Omg chris
@Kastiel said:
" @Omg chris said:
"@Kastiel said:
" @sora_thekey said:
"@Kastiel said:
Why?"
what making fun of my megan nooooooo ill pretend i didnt read lol "
Your "megan" looks plastic. "
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol we all have our opinions
Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This movie was awsome. Everything was ggood. The only thing wrong about it was that it showed less Transformes and more Sam and his girlfriend.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sidney

Right: Nothing
Wrong: Movie sucked

loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By loveNwar

Right: FX
Wrong: you can tell humans are just thrown in there to run around and look helpless. Too many plot holes. Too long. 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By MrDirector786

Right: More Transformers, more time with Decepticons, Megatron-Starscream moments were classic, good story
Wrong: Too much adult humor, kind of long, Skidds and Mudflap were annoying, how Sam got the Matrix of Leadership was lame

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sora_thekey
@MrDirector786 said:
"Right: More Transformers, more time with Decepticons, Megatron-Starscream moments were classic, good storyWrong: Too much adult humor, kind of long, Skidds and Mudflap were annoying, how Sam got the Matrix of Leadership was lame"

I agree with the humor.... it was way too much at one point!
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By loganreme

Right: Special Effects and Robots were astounding
Wrong :  Too much Megan Fox and Sam (don't know the actors name) for my liking.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SUNMAN
Tons of Action comedy and Megan Fox what more do you need.
I do not know why everyone was ragging on this movie, its an action movie not the Notebook.
Besides a lot of fans complained that the first movie did not have enough transformers or action. So Michael Bay made a second movie giving us more of what you asked for.
Obviously with all the robots and action, character development gets sacrificed, and its an action movie so who cares. You really didn't need it for this movie anyway.
There was like one or two minor plot details that could of been better but its a movie you just had to go with it.

• right- special affects, tons of action, hilarious jokes, megan fox, tons of cool transformers and special affects
  • wrong- although mudflap was very funny you could argue making him too sterotypical was wrong with the gold tooth big ears etc. Also the whole teleport thing was never explained
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kurrent

Right - Great movie made for the fans that can accept minor changes

Wrong - All the haters that take the fun out of what the movie is supposed to be

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SUNMAN
@Kurrent said:
" Right - Great movie made for the fans that can accept minor changes Wrong - All the haters that take the fun out of what the movie is supposed to be "
well said
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#33  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@SUNMAN said:
"@Kurrent said:
" Right - Great movie made for the fans that can accept minor changes Wrong - All the haters that take the fun out of what the movie is supposed to be "
well said
"
I agree, this was a fan movie and I a fan, loved it
Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Mmmmh

Right : Good FX, Megan Fox is a hotty !, Fun moment, the autobot and Decepticon are well fleshed...

Wrong : Some silly humourus moment, some silly human characters and some story plot large as the empire state building. (I hate this fat black guy ! I don't remember his name but each time I see him he's just more pathetic than the last !) 

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SUNMAN
@The Devil Tiger said:
"                           

Wrong : Some silly humourus moment, some silly human characters and some story plot large as the empire state building. (I hate this fat black guy ! I don't remember his name but each time I see him he's just more pathetic than the last !)  "
what?! what fat black guy!!!!!! Do you mean Tyrese?! he isn't fat.  What are you talking about.
Avatar image for quad_sci_c5_inc_
QUAD>SCI:C5_inc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By QUAD>SCI:C5_inc.
RIGHT:
More action, goofier comedy, Mudflap and Skids were hilarious (robots that can't read and have gold teeth yep racist all black ppl are like that. If someone thought they were racist they're the ones who are), more action.

WRONG:

Robots that make devastator are fighting in the desert, that bandage of Sams kind of came out of nowhere, only decepticons die (i love me some autobots but some gotta die), Where was Jolt?, Megans hot but really a butt shot the hood scene in the 1st was just classier and AMAZING also in the 1st she looked more natural in this one like they tried to make her overly hot, not really needed with pot brownies and parents at college still hilarious but not needed. The Fallen in that ship how long has that been there, did they really need the matrix and sometimes i thought why is this happening,

THINGS THAT PEOPLE NEED TO CHILL ABOUT:

experimental gun taking out devastato from so far...1) its a movie 2) its experimental who knows it potential, the accents really? Jazz spoke "thugly"  in the 1st, the Doctor needing glasses really? nothing like a site gag and a different way to show a robot magnifying an image, Bumblebee as a bug = LAME/gay/weak so he was a bug when you old guys were kids but yea a camora has balls why would anyone complain about flames on Optimus does it really matter, someone asked why didn't our ancestors destroy the machine....with what stones and sticks pretty dumb thought on their part, pretty sure it was said the original good primes were not violent and the Fallen was the strongest AND he was "family" killing fam = not cool, this is out there but...maye Optimus is diferent and needed the matrix to be brought back, one of the 1st things Meg Fox asks Bee is if hes still having voice problems and he nods so when Alice is in the car he messes with her and really thibk if bumblee was like" yea that slut is a bot," a couple things would have happened she would have attacked, sam would have been like "bull shit," and bumblebe might not have known because he probably thought she would have gotten Sam in trouble.

AFTER THOUGHTS:

Its a summer blockbuster made with Micheal Bay who goes for excessive action not awards, so last summer we had The Dark Knight which is one of the finest pieces of cinema created but how many summer movies have been that high of caliber?Movies are meant to entertain and Megan Fox even said "This is a summer popcorn movie," not a profound film that will revolutionize future films. Those who are tearing this movie down so strongly you have to remember ITS ABOUT ALIEN ROBOTS THAT TALK AND FIGHT. So people shut the hell up and enjoy themovie its pretty entertaining. I didn't go in thinking wow can't wait to see character development or a thought provoking plot i wanted to see huge robots fighting and Megan Fox running in a low cut shirt
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@Sidney said:
" Right: Nothing
Wrong: Movie sucked "
I agree with this totally. The movie couldn't have stunk worse. The acting and plot were absolutely terrible to the point I was insulted.

If Michael Bay is involved, I'm out. The Rock was the closest thing he's ever done to 'good' and lately all he wants to do is remake movies that don't need to be remade. I give Transformers a D- and that's because the special effects were good. Maybe more Megatron would have worked.
Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The Devil Tiger
@SUNMAN said:
"@The Devil Tiger said:
"                           

Wrong : Some silly humourus moment, some silly human characters and some story plot large as the empire state building. (I hate this fat black guy ! I don't remember his name but each time I see him he's just more pathetic than the last !)  "
what?! what fat black guy!!!!!! Do you mean Tyrese?! he isn't fat.  What are you talking about.
"

@SUNMAN:

No, not Tyrese. (He isn't bad, at least, THAT bad.) I'm talking about Anthony Anderson. I just can't stand him... 
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sidney
@jloneblackheart said:
"@Sidney said:
I agree with this totally. The movie couldn't have stunk worse. The acting and plot were absolutely terrible to the point I was insulted. If Michael Bay is involved, I'm out. The Rock was the closest thing he's ever done to 'good' and lately all he wants to do is remake movies that don't need to be remade. I give Transformers a D- and that's because the special effects were good. Maybe more Megatron would have worked."

Agreed the fights was overrated and Meagon Fox is too she not that damn good looking. Jeez!
SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SUNMAN
@The Devil Tiger said:
" @SUNMAN said:
"@The Devil Tiger said:
"                           

"

@SUNMAN:
No, not Tyrese. (He isn't bad, at least, THAT bad.) I'm talking about Anthony Anderson. I just can't stand him...  "
Oh! Well difference of opinion I guess I think he is the man. I sorry I thought you were referring to the second movie thats why I was confused
Avatar image for captain_solaris
Captain Solaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Captain Solaris
  • Right  - 1) Megan Fox is just haawt!;  ...Erm...would say CGI, but none of the CGI had me gawping and going "ooooo"...just what you'd expect from any other big budget movie.

• Wrong - 1) Only Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and a handful of Autobots being distinguishable by colour...yeah chrome is a cool shade, but when every other robot is chrome, it gets monotonous; 2) Jetfire being one of the oldest and out of date Transformer and he can teleport...how come no other Transformer has that ability?; 3) Lack of plot... Bay again trying to distract and drown true fans of the genre with big sounds, big lights and unneccessary skin shots (I wouldn't normally complain trying to see up Megan Fox's hot pants and down her top); 4) Although it included elements of comedy, drama and action...it was all put together  so you couldn't understand what direction the movie was going; 5) The mother becoming a comedian over the space of the two movies;

There's so much more I could write. Overall I just found it boring. Michael Bay's been given all this money due to the box office success of the first...but in my opinion you could have put any director at the helm for the movie of this franchise and it would have made equally just as much.

That said, the kids loved it...

...maybe I'm just getting old. :p

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lantern Prime

Negatives: Not enough characterization for the Most of the Bots and Cons, Humans basically defeating the Cons, the Rail Gun killing off Devastator without him even fighting andhes only in it for 5 minutes.

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Akwa
@Kurrent said:
"Right - Great movie made for the fans that can accept minor changes Wrong - All the haters that take the fun out of what the movie is supposed to be"

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#44  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Kurrent said:
" Right - Great movie made for the fans that can accept minor changes 
Wrong - All the haters that take the fun out of what the movie is supposed to be "
Too damned right.  Everyone should stop being so up-tight about a summer blockbuster film.  They should just sit back, shut the F and enjoy the ride... ;)
koopaface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By koopaface
@Jamiracles said:
Wrong: Toe Thumb "
Are you serious? Just make her wear socks.

right: fight scene in the woods
wrong: close ups, close ups, close ups. would have loved to see the fights scenes from a couple of steps back.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SUNMAN

did you guys like the voices

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Akwa
@jloneblackheart said:
"@Sidney said:
I agree with this totally. The movie couldn't have stunk worse. The acting and plot were absolutely terrible to the point I was insulted. If Michael Bay is involved, I'm out. The Rock was the closest thing he's ever done to 'good' and lately all he wants to do is remake movies that don't need to be remade. I give Transformers a D- and that's because the special effects were good. Maybe more Megatron would have worked."

I laugh at those who go to a Transformers movie expecting a great and flawless plot. It's a movie about transforming robots from space that was originally adapted from a toy line.

Having seamless plots is the clear opposite of everything Transformers stand for!

On a side note, I though the plot was passable with only a few holes.
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sidney

The movie was nothing but balls to walls action with no character development and lame cheesy jokes especially by the twin robots. Nice to know Micheal Bay batserized Transformers 2. This movie was a complete joke. This decades Batman & Robin. It was that bad of a movie.