What was with Zoom's death in Flashpoint?

dogenzenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I felt like his death was totally dumb. Killed by a sword, and then by a bullet in the animated version? I dunno, what did you guys think? I felt that Zoom was way to fast to be killed by either of these methods. Am I wrong?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No because Batman killed him.

dogenzenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster: i'm confused, is this part of the 'its batman so deal with it' kind of thing where even though it doesn't make sense he's the goddamn batman?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dude he didn't know

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@koshi_waza88:  Why would a sword make more sense than a bullet? Also, even if Zoom was distracted I'm pretty sure he has a fast enough reaction time that as soon as the sword touched him he could move and/or phase his body. It's just a silly comic book death.
w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt like his death was totally dumb. Killed by a sword, and then by a bullet in the animated version? I dunno, what did you guys think? I felt that Zoom was way to fast to be killed by either of these methods. Am I wrong?

I was fine with it, he stopped moving and was 100% distracted. I wish they kept that line in though after batman kills him.

his reaction time varies

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: If the bullet was subsonic, he'd hear it before being struck. Wally has shown to be bullet proof on a few separate occasions, 2 of the best ones: Wally reacts to a bullet the moment it touches his skin, Wally's suit absorbs the kinetic impact of a bullet from Prometheus. Perhaps a sword would be better for similar reasons as to why a knife can pierce kevlar, but a low caliber bullet cannot?

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

It all makes sense.

Zoom was distracted. He was making this big-ass-villain monologue when he was caught off-Guard...

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: If the bullet was subsonic, he'd hear it before being struck. Wally has shown to be bullet proof on a few separate occasions, 2 of the best ones: Wally reacts to a bullet the moment it touches his skin, Wally's suit absorbs the kinetic impact of a bullet from Prometheus. Perhaps a sword would be better for similar reasons as to why a knife can pierce kevlar, but a low caliber bullet cannot?

Deathstroke also knocked him off his feat, and made him impale himself on his sword. Speedsters are pretty stupid at time. Maybe it's their ego's that they are too fast to be touched.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It really doesn't matter if he was distracted. 100% or otherwise (not sure how that's determined). It doesn't matter that he was monologuing either. The fact is Zoom getting killed in that way is silly and stupid. Think about how time is perceived by Zoom. He literally had to just stand there and let Batman kill him with the sword. I'm sorry but as soon as the sword touches him he would no longer be distracted. If you think this death makes sense I have some prime swampland in Florida to sell you.
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's batman.

kidding aside, if speed is not ignored, most of the stories will end in one page.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PIS. But it was still a pretty sweet kill.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@dratini1331 said:

Deathstroke also knocked him off his feat, and made him impale himself on his sword. Speedsters are pretty stupid at time. Maybe it's their ego's that they are too fast to be touched.

He actually doesn't even knock Wally off his feet, he just creates a wall with some mines and wally runs into his sword like a full blown idiot IIRC. Of course, like 4 pages later Deathstroke also crushed Kyle "I can tank a Solar System level Anti-Matter Wave and partially contain the Big Bang" Raynor's hand through his power shielding, so, yeah, that comic.

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Josh-Ranaldo

Stop this cr@p , The flash ,Zoom and most speedsters can be shot or pierced with sharp objects "They can be killed" , I can kill the flash myself, I will wait till he grabs lunch or is stalking girls , which is around 90% of what his life is about ,then I'll go up and shoot him in the head ,GG these speedsters are normal humans who can run faster then light, They can die once they stop running.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@dratini1331 said:

He actually doesn't even knock Wally off his feet, he just creates a wall with some mines and wally runs into his sword like a full blown idiot IIRC. Of course, like 4 pages later Deathstroke also crushed Kyle "I can tank a Solar System level Anti-Matter Wave and partially contain the Big Bang" Raynor's hand through his power shielding, so, yeah, that comic.

different story, he trips him lol its like it was like something right out of road runny. Flash couldn't get his sh*t together in that issue

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By w0nd

Stop this cr@p , The flash ,Zoom and most speedsters can be shot or pierced with sharp objects "They can be killed" , I can kill the flash myself, I will wait till he grabs lunch or is stalking girls , which is around 90% of what his life is about ,then I'll go up and shoot him in the head ,GG these speedsters are normal humans who can run faster then light, They can die once they stop running.

this is true, but they keep changing how they perceive things, and their reaction time. In some stories, the world is still around them, if that's the case as soon as the tip of the sword touches them, they can feel it and move, it would be like a person slowly pushing a pin into you and you standing there and letting them. Barry in the new 52 was shot in the head, the EXACT moment he felt contact he vibrated the bullet through his face.

the slow as F*ck flash from the cw show, was shot in the back of the head, as soon as he felt contact yet again he plucked the bullet from the back of his head, and since it was behind him he had to go based off it touching him....

so yeah it's not really crap, it depends on who is writing it.

would you let someone slowly push a nail into you? most people jerk away as soon as they feel a prick? that's basically how it should be to zoom, and has been in past stories. I just accept he loses because otherwise stories would end in one page.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koshi_waza88: Ah, yeah, but that one doesn't really count for much as it was directly after the kid flash promotion and before speed force was a thing. Either way, yea, DS mentions tend to be stupid.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Yeah, just realized. I give that feat less crap cause it was before speed force.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because Batgod killed him, silly goose.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

He was shot in the back bro. It was stupid enough he was gloating in the middle of a war zone.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

His ego killed him, that was the main point of the death.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:
It really doesn't matter if he was distracted. 100% or otherwise (not sure how that's determined). It doesn't matter that he was monologuing either. The fact is Zoom getting killed in that way is silly and stupid. Think about how time is perceived by Zoom. He literally had to just stand there and let Batman kill him with the sword. I'm sorry but as soon as the sword touches him he would no longer be distracted. If you think this death makes sense I have some prime swampland in Florida to sell you.

You're free to think and feel like this.

Point is, on this specific instance, that wasn't the case and Zoom got offed. It may not be a convincing argument for you, but it's what happened. I honestly don't much care because it's Batman, and I'll accept that in any universe he'll do the impossible because Batman.

It doesn't really matter though.

dogenzenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: this. totally agree, this was exactly what i was thinking. I remember that issue from the 90s where wally feels the bullet go in and then stops it. Zoom, theoretically would be able to do the same thing. The whole thing, imo, doesn't really make sense. I mean, it was cool, but doesn't make a ton of sense.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

cuz bad guys get what they deserve

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You didn't see that coming?"

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@vinomonster: i'm confused, is this part of the 'its batman so deal with it' kind of thing where even though it doesn't make sense he's the goddamn batman?

This is actually a good question.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's supposed to be ironic...

One of the fastest guys in DC dies when he stops moving...

Gustofwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gustofwind

Zoom should have been able to feel the sword/bullet before it did any real damage to him and have been capable of avoiding it. This seems to suggest that the Chew force applies to anyone donning the mantle of Batman and not just Bruce Wayne. The only logical explanation I can think of that is probably flawed is that Zoom couldn't feel pain from the bullet/sword because of adrenalin and only realised what had happened after it was too late.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To put it shortly, PIS.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does someone have a scan of the issue. While you're running, especially at high speed, there is still momentum and if a sharp object is in front of him, enough momentum could still allow weapons to tear through his skin.

Plus, people make mistakes and distract all the time.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By MasterKungFu

writers wanted him dead