#1 Edited by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

If title makes it sounds like Hulk like Catwoman movie, Hulk don't., Hulk don't even have opinion. Hulk never saw it. That why Hulk don't get why people think it so bad. What was big deal? Hulk heard it was bad, but still. A Catwoman could've had potential. But something went wrong. What happened? Tell Hulk. Hulk heard costume was bad and that's all.

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Only the part between the previews and the credits.

#3 Posted by tupiaz (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with the Catwoman movie was that it wasn't a Catwoman movie. For a movie it was average plain action movie.

#4 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

The villain was laughable

the camera angles were headache-inducing

Halle Berry sucked and overacted like hell

The love interest was pointless

The costume was stupid, but sexy

there was no clear direction

#5 Posted by Isis_Liafador (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

The problem with the Catwoman movie was that it wasn't a Catwoman movie.

This is exactly it.

#6 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

It was about a woman who dresses up like a cat after being murdered and then brought back to life by a cat god (0r some sh*t like that).

Throughout the whole movie, Catwoman goes after a makeup company for trying to make people hideous (or some sh*t like that).

It was so dumb. No relation to Batman or Gotham or anything Batman related. The only thing Batman related at all was an image of Tim Burton's Catwoman that Halle Berry visioned while being brought back to life. The plot was dumb and boring, the characters were flat... and there was really no point at all to it even being made. It was just... awful.

#7 Edited by judasnixon (6396 posts) - - Show Bio

Italian Spider-Man had more in common with Spider-Man than The Catwoman Movie had anything to do with Catwoman......  

Online
#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

It was Catwoman! Come to think of it how did she even get a movie before other Dc characters, such as WW.

#9 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

It was Catwoman! Come to think of it how did she even get a movie before other Dc characters, such as WW.

Because they planned to make a spin-off from Batman Returns, and through years of mistakes, it eventually morphed into the Halle Berry film. Or so I hear.

#10 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh crap.  I had managed to suppress that memory but now you've DRAGGED IT BACK OUT!!!!!

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

It was Catwoman! Come to think of it how did she even get a movie before other Dc characters, such as WW.

Because they planned to make a spin-off from Batman Returns, and through years of mistakes, it eventually morphed into the Halle Berry film. Or so I hear.

I avoided that movie!@Timandm said:

Oh crap. I had managed to suppress that memory but now you've DRAGGED IT BACK OUT!!!!!

Lol!!

#12 Posted by Joygirl (19278 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly because it sucked. I think I fell asleep.

#13 Posted by sky-pirate (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen it in years, so I'm going by memory here (i.e. I'll likely miss something).

For starters, they sold it as a Catwoman movie, but what we got was a completely unrelated character, that had nothing to do with Selina.

Them using the ridiculous "brought back to life, by cats" thing from BR. And what's the deal here exactly? She's revived and suddenly have cat-powers. It's clearly not some cross-species genetics thing, but something mystical. But, they don't explore it. Has Patience simply been magically given cat-powers? Has she become an avatar for Bastet? Is she even Patience anymore (i.e. has she died and her body's been possessed by a cat-like demon, who thinks it's her)?

What's the deal with Frances Conway's character? Is she supposed to be one of the previous Catwomen? She acts like her cats talk to her, but neither is established. And after two scenes, she's never seen or heard from again, exept for a minor appearance in the ending.

The villain plot is stupid. Stone's character wants to sell a dangerous anti-aging cream, that damages your skin, if you stop using it (of course, if you keep using it, you become invulnerable). No one's life is in danger here. All that would happen, is that some women who stop using it (and gets their skin damaged), will sue the company. Stone goes to prison and is forced to pay for plastic surgery for all whom her product has disfigured.

#14 Posted by Teerack (5714 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything in between the title screen and credits.

#15 Posted by wildvine (8745 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

The problem with the Catwoman movie was that it wasn't a Catwoman movie.

This....

@Timandm said:

Oh crap. I had managed to suppress that memory but now you've DRAGGED IT BACK OUT!!!!!

This too...

@White Mage said:

The villain was laughable

the camera angles were headache-inducing

Halle Berry sucked and overacted like hell

The love interest was pointless

The costume was stupid, but sexy

there was no clear direction

This...

@FalconPuuunch said:

It was about a woman who dresses up like a cat after being murdered and then brought back to life by a cat god (0r some sh*t like that).

Throughout the whole movie, Catwoman goes after a makeup company for trying to make people hideous (or some sh*t like that).

It was so dumb. No relation to Batman or Gotham or anything Batman related. The only thing Batman related at all was an image of Tim Burton's Catwoman that Halle Berry visioned while being brought back to life. The plot was dumb and boring, the characters were flat... and there was really no point at all to it even being made. It was just... awful.

Also this...

@Joygirl said:

Mostly because it sucked.

And this is the topper. Well said everyone. Couldn't quote you better myself. Oh wait..

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never seen it but the reviews from professional critics and friends alike have been brutal, I'll take their word for it.

#17 Posted by DeathstrokeMerc (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad script. Bad actress. Halle Berry's greatest acting achievement was an Oscar for getting doggy styled by Billy Bob Thonton.

#19 Posted by BlackWind (5985 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't Catwoman.

Do you make some Latino guy called Eduardo Martinez who is a high school drop out adrenaline junkie into Daredevil? No.

#20 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie is perfect muted.

#21 Posted by YoungJustice (6719 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she was more of Tigra than Catwoman.

#22 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I think most people don't like how much they changed Catwoman in the film (yet they have no problem with how much they changed things in X-Men: First Class).

Catwoman changed things much more than X-Men: First Class did - not that I approve of any of the changes made in First Class.

#23 Posted by SmashBrawler (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

This is like asking what's bad about gonorrhea.

Online
#24 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watch it. Just have an ambulance near your home first.

#25 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:
Mostly because it sucked. I think I fell asleep.
You should have an MRI done just to be sure.  It's possible you didn't actually fall asleep, but instead, suffered severe brain trauma.  The movie was THAT bad.  Seriously.  See your Dr. soon...
@BlackWind said:

It wasn't Catwoman.

Do you make some Latino guy called Eduardo Martinez who is a high school drop out adrenaline junkie into Daredevil? No.


You need to be careful with suggestions like that.  Quesada is watching.  He's probably going to use that idea and it will be all YOUR fault....
#26 Edited by StrangeMan (410 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't bad because it wasn't related to Catwoman in any way at all (though it was a big flaw), it was just a bad movie, standalone, comic book movie, catwoman movie, no matter how you put it, it's horrible.

#27 Posted by Lvenger (19052 posts) - - Show Bio

All the reasons why I dislike Catwoman have been stated so I don't need to elaborate too much. Needless to say it ruined everything that made Catwoman who she actually is, the acting was awful, the script deplorable and the plot ridiculous.

#28 Posted by Cap10nate (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite part about the whole debacle was that everyone was gushing how good Halle Berry looked as Catwoman until they found out that it was a guy that was doing all the stunts in the costume . . . ha.

#29 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

its as bad as seeing a ryan reynolds film