What was exactly crisis on infinite earth's ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok sadly I never got a chance to read C,O,I,E's but from what I understand something happens and earth one, earth two, earth four and earth S combined to become new earth. So my questions are...

1) why did crisis on infinite earths happen why ?

2) since the universes merged together what about the heroes and villains ?

3) ok I can simplify that earth one and earth two have there oun superman so wich one become new earth superman ? Ok let me try it this way. Is say batman on new earth the someone on earth one or did earth one and earth two batman get distroyed and a new batman was created for new earth ?

There are more questions but I'll have to post them latter. Ty.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok sadly I never got a chance to read C,O,I,E's but from what I understand something happens and earth one, earth two, earth four and earth S combined to become new earth. So my questions are...

3) ok I can simplify that earth one and earth two have there oun superman so wich one become new earth superman ? Ok let me try it this way. Is say batman on new earth the someone on earth one or did earth one and earth two batman get distroyed and a new batman was created for new earth ?

ive always had trouble with this event in DC , it still confuses me

barryallen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its when my fav character died :( but otherwise i keep forgetting to read it

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Overmonitor

@kid_omega_prime said:

well the Anti-Monitor used his anti-matter cannon to destroy every positive matter multiverse but 5.

When Krona viewed the beginning of creation he fractured the positive matter universe into multiverses. AM was from Qward from the center of a single anti-matter universe which contained as much power as the multiverse.

He had a mirror opposite named Solomon in the positive matter universe who was the Monitor, born at creation on Oa, opposite of Qward. They battled each other and left each other unconscious for 10 billion years.

A scientist named Pariah accidentally replicated Krona's mistake. He allowed AM to destroy his universe using the anti-matter cannon through a hole created in space-time, and AM subsequently became slightly more powerful than the original Monitor. This lead to AM becoming exponentially more powerful as he destroyed universe after universe and tipped the balance of power in his favor.

this has been rectified in the New 52 but prior to this Supes 2 and Superman existed on the same planet for a while. Suberboy Prime survived, as did others. Otherwise they were merged or recreated into whatever universe DC wanted to highlight.

Batman was there at the battle at the beginning of creation so he remembers it. It depends on the character. Sometimes multiple versions survived (Supes) and sometimes none. Only about 50 heroes theoretically remembered the events prior to the reformation and consolidation of Earth by Spectre after his victory over amped AM. All the villains from that timeline died at the hands of Krona when they went back to try to stop his original mistake, except maybe possibly Brainiac and Lex. I have to check.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: oh wow Ty. Ok so I need to ask is the say batman from earth one, new earth and prime earth the same batman or are they different batman... Batmen ? Or like billy batson he was from earth S then he was on new earth after C,O,I,E's the in earth prime so is he the same batson ? Ok I try this way was billy batson transferred from earth S to new earth then after flashpoint his was rebooted on prime earth or did earth s billy batson get distroyed then a new bill batson get created on new earth then a third one was created on prime earth after flashpoint ?

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Basically to simplify what overmonitor said, one of the guardians of the universe named krona tried to view the beginning of time and this unknowingly created the monitor and the anti monitor and the anti monitor tried to destroy the DC multiverse. While the heroes from all of the remaining 5 universes succeeded in doing so they merged everything into one single universe. This retconned everything from before 1985 and afterwards the post crisis universe was created. It's a great event and one of the first ones I read. I highly suggest reading it

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: well if I get the chance I'll pick it up if I can. Ok let me ask this one then. Jay Garrick started in earth two then c,o,I,e happened then he was on new earth because earth one and earth two merged then years later flashpoint happened so we now have a jay on earth 2. What I'm trying to ask is is the jay from earth two, new earth and earth 2 the same jay are are they 3 separate people ?

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Well shortly after flashpoint DC started slowly bringing the multiverse back with Infinite crisis (the sequel event) which brought us 52 universes within the DC multiverse up until convergence so the 3 Garrick's are probably different

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: ok so that mean the billy batsons, batmans, supermen, wonder women, Hal Jordan's and all the others are different ? I always thought say example earth one superman was reborn as new earth superman then flashpoint rewritten the timeline creating new 52 superman so all 3 were the some one. So there are basically 3 of each ? Or 2 in some cases because there is no earth one Kyle Rayner.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: I'd assume it's possible since even pre crisis versions of characters were shown existing during convergence

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Convergence is a rather recent event that DC did earlier this year. In it brainiac basically pitted cities from every universe in DC to fight each other. Honestly I haven't read the whole thing yet so I'm not the most knowledgeable on it

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Crisis on Infinity earths was a convulted mess.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: wait wait wait... If batman from earth one and new earth are 2 different batman... Batmen then how dose new earth batman remember if he didn't exist until after crisis on infinite earths ?

maxxcveiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By maxxcveiler

Idk

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Answering you questions:

1. From a commercial point of view, DC made the COIE happen to streamline their comics more at that time. There were too many earths and versions of characters running around and to avoid confusing new readers they wanted to clean up a bit. Within the fictional DC universe, the Crisis happened when The Anti-Monitor made a play to destroy every multiple universe there was. He had the power to do it and it took many DC universe heroes to stop him.

2. At the end the multiple universes were gone. Only one universe remained where a new slate was started, very much like the more modern New52 . Basically it was reset and all the stories and origins were modernized for heroes and villains.

3. I think my answer for number 2, answers your questions for number 3.

Hope that was more clear and simplified as far as answers to your questions go.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: ok so as far as question 3 is conserned your saying that the heroes and villains are the same just with new origins ? so again ill try to make this simple. lets say that superman from earth one, new earth and prime earth are the same superman ? after C,O,I,E's earth one supes was reborn on new earth then after flashpoint supes was again change to what he is now ? so even thought new earth supes still is around thanks to Convergence he and prime earth are the same ? kind of like in marvel you have the 616 x-men and O5 x-men ?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: There's two Supermen now: Superman of New52 and Superman from post Crisis.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: ummm... Ok so that means earth one , new earth and prime earth heroes and villains are different ? Ok let me ask this way. If post crisis supes gets killed then would new 52 supes fade away like Scott did in battle of the atom ? Oh and is post crisis mean that he is from earth one or new earth ?

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By skyroid

@kid_omega_prime: No imagine them as two superman from different universe. If superman from one universe dies it doesn't effected another. Pre 52 was a multiverse and coie event destroyed the multiverse. What was left of it was then retcon, in away they started another multiverse with whole new history and the pre multiverse and everything else still exist separately but as dc said they just aren't making comics about them. So the retcon started new 52 multiverse

It's like saying, hey pre 52 is confusing lets make flash change the multiverse but at the same time keep the old multiverse somewhere else and well make stories about characters in a new multiverse the new 52

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And this is why manga > comics

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@skyroid: well ok ty. I think I get it now earth one, new earth and prime earth are separate universes ?

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: @blackdog2009: @skyroid: oh what about the legionnaires ? There are pre- crisis, earth prime and earth 247 are they different or the same ? I ask because supergirl on new earth goes to the "future" and joined the legionnaires from earth prime ?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-Prime

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: I would assume they are different but honestly I am no expert on them

Sommie7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: so your asking if all legion of superhero universes are potentially the same future or DC with different branches like in marvel ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: so your asking if all legion of superhero universes are potentially the same future or DC with different branches like in marvel ?

yes.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I did findo this don't know if it helps.

Pre-Zero Hour is the possible future in which the original incarnation of the Legion of Super-Heroes was active. Originally a function of Earth-One, it survived past the Crisis on Infinite Earths into further continuity, and even went through several other iterations in which the same characters remained active, such as the Mordruverse and Glorithverse.[1] It was seemingly destroyed during the events of Zero Hour,[2] and remained out of continuity for 13 years, in which two other individual Legion incarnations both separately acted in the 31st Century.[3][4] After Infinite Crisis, this future returned,[5] and its Legionnaires and other characters have begun to interact with the heroes of the 21st Century once again. This new version branches off from the original continuity at around the time of the Crisis on Infinite Earths,[6] essentially only retaining its Earth-One history, to an unclear extent.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK now I'm confused again ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK I said it before I'm so confused. I looked up new earth and prime earth characters on the dc database and not one member of the legion of superheroes is listed not a single one ? When I try ed it says pre-zero hour ? What gives can someone please help ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a mess, that's what it was

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An attempt to get rid of Pre-Crisis level characters without creating inconsistencies

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what there not listed ? That's weird... well maybe dc database still hasn't updated there pages yet or maybe the legion of SH are un-effected buy the time change in the present by Crisis on IE and no that makes no sence. Your guess is as good as mine.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An attempt to get rid of Pre-Crisis level characters without creating inconsistencies

yeah what kop said ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok what about the legion of superheroes. After crisis on infinite earths did the legion of superheroes get remade to ? I ask because on the DC database under say Batman under universe it will say Earth One New Earth but on lightning lad it will say Earth One Pre Zero Hour ?