What universe are the new gods from ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok I'm a little confused about the new gods. I was wondering what universe there from ? On the doc database it says there from earth 14 but when I clicked on it it says earth one/new earth ? Then someone told me that the new gods don't have a base universe and there are only one of each. So if that were true then the darkseid that attacked prime earth failed then tryed again on earth 2 then was a success ? See why I'm confused can someone please help ?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought they were just from the fourth world

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fourth World. Which exists in a higher plane of reality.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Forth World. An entirely separate plain of existence.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: I thought maybe every universe had its oun version of the new gods kind of like the way different marvel universe has its oun versions of the Olympians and asgardians ? If there are only one version of the new gods then the ones in all the universe are the same. Maybe each universe has its oun fourth world ?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It wouldn't make sense if the new gods were unique, as some have died in alternate universes.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Yeah man I have no idea how it works in DC. The Darkseid who traveled to Earth Prime in New52 also destroyed Earth 2 which is an entirely different dimension.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

The New Gods come from Apokolips and New Genesis on this map.

There are also "aspects" of New Gods that exist inside normal reality (the Earths). This is a concept by Grant Morrison mainly to explain why there are alternate New Gods that don't seem to be the same as the "proper" New Gods (dead etc).

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: ok dose it say that the darkseid is the same ? I would still think every DC universe has a version of the new gods ? It's like in marvel evern though Mephisto comes from a different demention all marvel universe has its oun Mephisto. Or maybe in each universe apocalypse and new genesis are close to the edge of the universe close there sources wall ?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Before the 2011 Reboot, the New Gods were from the same universe as everyone else, just possibly in another realm of reality, regardless each universe had it's own set of New Gods. But post-reboot, DC decided to ascend these characters into higher level characters whereas there is only one Darkseid, one High Father, one Orion, one Barda, one Miracle, and so on.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@kid_omega_prime: For the most part the New Gods are one of a kind, a few other versions have New Gods in them that are basically lesser versions of the ones from the comics. Short answer though is yes they exist outside the Multiverse on the designated spots from Grant Morrison's map.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle: whaaaat ? Ok so if there are only one of each new God then what happened to all the other versions ? Did they merge to become one or wiped out of exsetanse or what ?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@kid_omega_prime said:

@kidchipotle: whaaaat ? Ok so if there are only one of each new God then what happened to all the other versions ? Did they merge to become one or wiped out of exsetanse or what ?

That's a little too complicated to explain in a comment, as you read you'll slowly begin to understand.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Not exactly, they are just a kind of singularity from outside the multiversal system. Like if you take the above diagram, all the parallel-universes (where every Earth is sort of the same as the next one, JLA on one, CSA on another, JSA on a third and so on) exists within one sphere. The New Gods two planets of Apokolips and New Genesis are a pair of 'satellites' that orbit the Multiverse along with places like Heaven and Hell.

Similar to the New Gods there will only be one Trigon, who has also been noted to move between universes, but only non-parallel ones so far, since he only leaves one once it's destroyed. Likewise, there is likely only going to be one Zauriel (and angel) and God.

I know in the past New Genesis and Apokolips were places where Superman could just fly to whenever he needed to, in essence back then they were just alien planets (which probably pleased Kirby). But later on they were removed from the universe and moved to another dimension that needed the Boom Tubes to reach (there was also something about a size difference it needed to do) and ever since they've been treated as a universe of their own.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: ummm... Ok let me get this right. Before the new 52 there were other new gods for each universe like in marvel there is a 616 Thor a 1610 Thor and so on. Then after DC rebooted there multiverse there now are only one of every new God. Is that the just of it ?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kid_omega_prime: Before the new 52, there are different versions of the New God in every universe. After the reboot, DC put them in higher place.. So far there is only one Darkseid in the multiverse same goes to the other New Gods.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster: ok i think I got it now Ty everyone. Bonus questions: I know this has nothing to do with the new gods but how did karate kid comeback to life ? I mean in one issue of legion of superheroes he is dead with a statue then and then I got a issue at barns and noble then there he was with his wife alive and well ? I think it was issue 22. Oh and Mon-el apperintly got killed are at least beaten badly but I never found out what happened ?

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fourth World. Which exists in a higher plane of reality.

What he said.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle:

Before the 2011 Reboot, the New Gods were from the same universe as everyone else

The idea of the New Gods existing in a higher plane of dimension is not new.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Multiversity just confirmed the idea still existed after the reboot.

No Caption Provided

The idea that they had reflections came about because writers used Darkseid based on his popular animated portrayal and not on there actual history which is why you had Apokilips in Earth 1. This writer being Jeph Loeb

No Caption Provided

The idea to explain that was actually brought in even sooner than FC, in an Justice League issue Metron gives Barbara Gordon a mother box and she asks why a god is floating outside her window and he explains that they exist in many places at once.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: ummm... Ok let me get this right. Before the new 52 there were other new gods for each universe like in marvel there is a 616 Thor a 1610 Thor and so on. Then after DC rebooted there multiverse there now are only one of every new God. Is that the just of it ?

To the best of my knowledge, when the story was considered serious, no, there were never any more than one version of the New Gods.

When I say it like I do, it is because I now remember there being one Superman/Batman story where they run into Miss Miracle her her hubby Big Bard, genderbent versions of Mister Miracle and Big Barda who also mentioned a female Darkseid. However, that story is hard to verify as in-canon because at the end of it you find out Mr. Mxy had created much of what the duo had been through to get his last 1% of power out of the Joker that had been left since the Emperor Joker story.

@vinomonster: ok i think I got it now Ty everyone. Bonus questions: I know this has nothing to do with the new gods but how did karate kid comeback to life ? I mean in one issue of legion of superheroes he is dead with a statue then and then I got a issue at barns and noble then there he was with his wife alive and well ? I think it was issue 22. Oh and Mon-el apperintly got killed are at least beaten badly but I never found out what happened ?

Think you have to be a bit more specific there since there's been something like 6 huge reboots of the Legion of Superheroes, 2 of which ended up featuring Legions of different universes (one of which being the same as Superboy Prime came from).

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

the fourth world is a separate universe of its own..............there is only one set of new gods only

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 4th World. Their own pocket Universe/Dimension, and they travel throughout the Multiverse via Boomtubes .....s'how I understand it

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: as for the bonus question I was talking about the current karate kid from the mainstream universe. How did he comeback to life ? Because he was dead then all of a sudden bang he is alive ?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: as for the bonus question I was talking about the current karate kid from the mainstream universe. How did he comeback to life ? Because he was dead then all of a sudden bang he is alive ?

Well thats the thing, each time we've gotten a different Legion, it's been one following a different timeline. Two of which was later retconned to be from other universes. So I am thinking you have been reading one Karate Kid (married to Princess Projectra and killed by a copycat), and then later picked up another Legion book where this never happened.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: well I tryed to buy the issues of LOSH when DC started the new 52 I have LOSH issue 1,5,7 and in them karate kid is dead and princess projectra a widow. Then when I got issue 22 bang he is alive again. Oh I also have the issue after sun boy dies ouch.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: well I tryed to buy the issues of LOSH when DC started the new 52 I have LOSH issue 1,5,7 and in them karate kid is dead and princess projectra a widow. Then when I got issue 22 bang he is alive again. Oh I also have the issue after sun boy dies ouch.

Hmm, I am thinking that either; it's not the same Karate Kid (since it's apparently a mantle that can be passed on), or this has something to do with Legion Lost, which turned out to be from a different universe?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: well in the issue were karate kid is there he is standing next to his wife and next to him there is a box with his name, home world and powers. Val Armorr, earth and master of all marsh arts.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: well in the issue were karate kid is there he is standing next to his wife and next to him there is a box with his name, home world and powers. Val Armorr, earth and master of all marsh arts.

Well I've got nothing more than; if these two books you have are both from the New 52, then it has to be alternate universes. Otherwise I've got nothing.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Before the 2011 Reboot, the New Gods were from the same universe as everyone else, just possibly in another realm of reality, regardless each universe had it's own set of New Gods. But post-reboot, DC decided to ascend these characters into higher level characters whereas there is only one Darkseid, one High Father, one Orion, one Barda, one Miracle, and so on.

A true Multiverse would make it impossible to deal with those type of characters. Although Rick and Morty sort of did it recently