What Traits Make a A List Super Villain

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We all know their names. Joker, Lex Luthor, Dr.Doom, Red Skull, Green Goblin (Norman Osborne), Magneto, etc.

Anyways now it's time to list the traits that make a A Listing Super Villain.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

-Leadership
-Ruthlessness
-Harted
-Overwhelming power

Nightwolf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Nightwolf3

They have to make sense, like they have to have a solid origin, a motive, a reason for there attitudes. People need to be able to see the F'ed up stuff that they do. Thats what it is for me. Joker is so strong because he fits none of these catagories, but that makes him the exception, and not the rule

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I prefer a villain who has some dark motivation, not power or greed.

Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jloneblackheart said:
"I prefer a villain who has some dark motivation, not power or greed."

You mean like Loki who is corrupting people mainly because what better way to get back at people that have constantly treated him badly through untrust than through trickery?
Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I thought there would be a heck of a lot more takers.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC

I like a villain that doesn't see himself as a villain, someone who is doing something for a reason. Doom, Magneto and Zemo are good examples of this.

Latveria has no crime, sure its because everyone is too scared to even try anything but it works.

Everything Magneto does he feels is for the betterment of mutantkind.

Zemo since the Thunderbolts has kinda felt the best way to rule the world is by saving it, then they'll have to admit Zemo is superior.

I kinda like Lex Luthor's depiction on Smallville because he seems to do things because he believes aliens are dangerous.

Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceIMC said:
"I like a villain that doesn't see himself as a villain, someone who is doing something for a reason. Doom, Magneto and Zemo are good examples of this. Latveria has no crime, sure its because everyone is too scared to even try anything but it works.Everything Magneto does he feels is for the betterment of mutantkind.Zemo since the Thunderbolts has kinda felt the best way to rule the world is by saving it, then they'll have to admit Zemo is superior.I kinda like Lex Luthor's depiction on Smallville because he seems to do things because he believes aliens are dangerous."
Ok sounds like Zemo would be flying under the rador like a conman while working for the Thunderbolts makes him harder to figure out if the super hero, or super heroine isn't a psychic, or a sleuth for that matter.
Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Writing It doesn't matter how BA Darkseid, Joker, Green Goblin (Norman Osborne), Magneto, etc because if their isn't good writing they will look either like chumps, pushovers, fools, or anything but competent strong minacious flare for the dramatic charasmatic rascals.