What titles should I read

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By batman922

Poll What titles should I read (22 votes)

Lazurus 36%
Satellite Sam 9%
Sex Criminals 27%
Quantum & Woody 55%
Archer and Armstrong 14%
Eternal Warrior 41%

So I have been wanting to get into more indie comics since I've enjoyed Saga and X-O so much. So I would like you to help me decide on one title from Valiant and one title from Image to start reading the trades of. If I like these just as much I may start reading more and more indies but for right now all I can afford is 2 more TPBs. The top 3 are Image and the bottom 3 are Valiant. Vote for your favorite Image and your favorite Valiant titles unless they are not listed, then you can comment them and if enough people support the comment compared to the titles I have listed it will be taken into account. Thanks.

• 
batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW this closes on 3 Jan 14.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Out of the list, Eternal Warrior and Lazarus. Sex Criminals is great too but that book is REALLY different.

There are also tons of other great image books out there you should look into rather than limiting it one of those three.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TMNT

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anymore votes?

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Harbinger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator
2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By 2chimcha3

I highly recommend Quantum & Woody. It is really funny, different, and genuinely fun.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Bump.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

QUANTUM AND WOODY!!!! That comic is hilarious every single page!! A must-read!

ALso try out Lazarus.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Q and W

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: Thanks for the bumps

I've done some research on Q and W and everyone says its really funny and good so we will see who wins out.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@arturocalakayveesaid:

Out of the list, Eternal Warrior and Lazarus. Sex Criminals is great too but that book is REALLY different.

There are also tons of other great image books out there you should look into rather than limiting it one of those three.

This I liked it so much i bought the old run of it.

@xwraith said:

@danhimself said:

TMNT

This and Unity.

These^ as well, both are really really good

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Invincible

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batman922

@allstarsuperman: I've heard a lot of great things about TMNT, how many trades do they have for the current series out? Did it just start or has it been going on for awhile.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman922: I just got into it for Christmas. I have trades 1-5. Micro series 1 and 2. and Secret history of the foot clan. There is also a villians micro series and a volume 6 that I don't have

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Voted for Sex Criminals and Lazarus.

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batman922

@allstarsuperman: Well at least it would keep my occupied for a while lol, thats a pretty decent amount of material

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman: I'm really curious about the old Valiant. How is it?

GOOD, I have 90s DC and Marvel comics that are ugly and a chore to read, but the old Eternal Warrior's art isn't bad at all, and in some of the issues i love the coloring. For the story is always good, never been a hard read. I have read issues 1-32, i am waiting for a couple missing issues, before i continue. Its been great so far and i am considering reading Ninjak next. Best part is i got the whole series for like 80 cents an issue.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Saga is without a doubt one of my favorite series I've ever read. If you like that then check out Y: The Last Man, it's written by the same author. I read the first trade and loved it.

The Walking Dead is extremely good and well worth the read. I read through all 18 volumes faster than I should have and I picked up volume 19 the day it was released and went through it in a night. I highly recommend that series.

Chew is pretty good also. Same for Ten Grand. Both are published by Image.

Though most don't declare it "indie" since it's Vertigo, I would still recommend Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. One of the most well throughout series I've ever read.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Damn...I might have to look into checking out the old Valiant series. thanks!

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Thanks! The art and coloring look pretty good, especially on ninjak!

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saga is without a doubt one of my favorite series I've ever read. If you like that then check out Y: The Last Man, it's written by the same author. I read the first trade and loved it.

The Walking Dead is extremely good and well worth the read. I read through all 18 volumes faster than I should have and I picked up volume 19 the day it was released and went through it in a night. I highly recommend that series.

Chew is pretty good also. Same for Ten Grand. Both are published by Image.

Though most don't declare it "indie" since it's Vertigo, I would still recommend Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. One of the most well throughout series I've ever read.

Saga is awesome, i cant wait for vol 3 since i cant get the singles where I'm at currently. I've heard of Y: The Last Man but never read up on it. How is the art and is the writing on the same par as Saga?.

I don't really like zombies so the Walking Dead isn't for me, and no offense to any viewers but if it's anything like the show then you can definitely count me out I find the show to be SOOOO BORING but that's just my opinion.

Never heard of Chew that I can remember, and don't really know anything about Ten Grand.

This post ends in 24 hours after that the top 1 from each publisher will be order so VOTE and lets see who wins.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@batman922:

The art in Y: The Last Man is pretty good. It's definitely not like the art in Saga but still pretty good. But it fits the story. But more importantly, the writing is definatly amazing. I would still prefer Saga any day but Y: The Last man is a very very very close second.

The Walking Dead comic is much better than the show. And it's not really all about zombies. It's just the tale of survival in the apocalypse and how people change and act in a time of need and crisis. I would still recommend at least checking out the first 2 volumes if you ever see them for cheap. The zombies are just kinda in the background.

As for Chew, it's published by Image (so it's bound to be pretty good). The trades are always pretty cheap, costing around $10-13 a piece. If you have a tablet or smart phone then download the Image app and the first issue is free. Before I read it I thought it sounded like the dumbest comic ever but it definitely proved me wrong!

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: Well I might look in to Y: The Last Man after this voting is over and I buy the winners

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By batman922

And the winners are Lazarus and Quantum & Woody. Thanks for the help guys, I'll order these and let you know if I like them or not.

Update:

So Lazarus is out of stock on Amazon but I order Q&W and back ordered Lazarus so hopefully it will get here soon.