What they should have done with X-Men: First Class

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I watched "X-Men: First Class" for the millionth time yesterday (all time favorite Marvel movie) and I figured out what they should have done for the sequel. As you probably know in 2014 they are making a new X-Men movie "Days of Future Past" which is going to connect the modern X-Team and the First Class X-Team through time travel. But I realized that they shouldn't have done that, and should have made X-Men First Class a reboot in a completely separate universe, and here is why.

• They f*cked up the continuity: They can choose to ignore the events of X3, Superman Returns style but, since they didn't do that in The Wolverine, I don't find it logical. I find it confusing as hell. Changing X3 would change Wolverine, and that changes pretty much everything in Wolverine.
  • X-Men are better off in the sixties: In my opinion, First Class is not just the best X-movie, but the best Marvel movie. I know everyone all disagree with me, but almost everyone will agree that it was the best X-movie. You can argue X-2, and it would be a pretty good argument, I'm not going to lie. So back to my point, they can make the blue and yellow uniforms work in the sixties, and no one I know wants to see any more X-Men leather fetish. Also, if they connect The Fantastic 4 into the universe I think it will work more for them too. One of the problems with the 2005 Fantastic 4 is that it was to cheesy to be in modern times, and I think those tight blue spandex uniforms are better off in the past too.
  • No one wants to see Halle Berry's Storm again: "Do you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lighting? The same thing that happens to everything else." Nuff said
  • They can really set up a great team: Havok can recruit his older brother Cyclops. They already have Beast, they can recruit Iceman, Angel, and Jean with cerebra. And there you go, the original five, plus Havok and Banshee, now thats a really solid team. And no Wolverine shouldn't be in it, we need a break from him, he's an awesome character and all, but the X-Men shouldn't just be about him any more, it should be an ensemble cast.

Agree? How do you think Fox should handle the X-Series? Think they are doing the right thing with X-Men Days of Future Past? Love to see your thoughts.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I aint gonna lie. During its release, I would have said First Class was the best Marvel Film, since the first two Blades, and as you mentioned X2. But after Thor, Avengers, and Iron Man, I gotta respectively dissagree. But it was a great film and it was fun watching this world become what it was, even if that world became continuity Hell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I aint gonna lie. During its release, I would have said First Class was the best Marvel Film, since the first two Blades, and as you mentioned X2. But after Thor, Avengers, and Iron Man, I gotta respectively dissagree. But it was a great film and it was fun watching this world become what it was, even if that world became continuity Hell.

I wasn't really expecting anyone to agree with me. Nobody I have met does. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First class and captain America are tied for my favorite marvel movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First class and captain America are tied for my favorite marvel movie.

I loved Captain America too. I'm a sucker for movies that take place in the past. I felt that First Class was a little more grounded in its time though. It had some impossible things for that time time period, but I knew it took place in the sixties the whole time. On the other hand, Captain America I had to remind myself sometimes that it took place in the forties, with all the futuristic guns, weapons, and planes.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: same, and captain america would be higher if if deafeted the red skull. i didnt like how red skull was just teleported away.