Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

I had an Idea of having him become the new professor Zoom. I think that Wally should grow up with Barry and then later leave like Dick Grayson did with Batman. During the time he leaves he starts struggling in life. He might have his girlfriend die, or something of that nature. Later he becomes angry and doesn't have enough money to get by, so he starts stealing from banks. The public blames Barry and believe he is the one staling the money. Barry tries to get to the bottom of the situation, and finds Wally. Barry doesn't know it's him but starts fighting him, he notice he has similar powers and moves he does. He also begins to realize that this speedsters faster than him....later in the couple issues he might find out it's Wally or something. Anyways that's my idea of what they can do for Wally in the new 52

What do you guys think?

#1 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally is in the Teen Titans?

Now I need to keep up with them just to see Wally..

#2 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: I think he is...I don't read teen titan but I heard he was.

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather not see Wally as a villain.

#4 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't that Bart on the TT?

#5 Posted by trickarrow (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally is not. Bart Allen is.

#6 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: Oh sorry@Decoy Elite:

I'll edit it.

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: You don't need to change your entire idea because I don't like it. It's a matter of taste after all.

#8 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Bart Allen is in Teen Titans

Current Flash is Barry

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13625 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Wally is in the Teen Titans?

Now I need to keep up with them just to see Wally..

no he isnt

#10 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally can be used to help Daniel West go to the speed force to rescue Iris West.

#11 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: I'm not

@Jorgevy: @Avenging-X-Bolt: I already edited it.

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: Sorry it's Bart not Wally.

#12 Edited by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: Well Barry just saw Iris in the speed force in Flash 16 so I don't know.

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like an interesting concept since it has already been confirmed that the new "Reverse-Flash" won't have the yellow-red/negative Flash colors in their costume.

#14 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to see Wally as a villain... although, right now, I'd just love to see him.

#15 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

New Zoom is maybe Daniel West who is angry at Flash for putting Iris in the speed force. Iris might also hate Barry so Iris could be the new Zoom too.

#16 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Thanks

#17 Edited by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells: That would be weird.

#18 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

NO!!! Leave the wise-cracking speedster alone! I'd prefer Wally to be in limbo than for him to become evil....unless, of course, Saint Barry convinces Wally to be a good guy, which wouldn't be too far fetched...

#19 Posted by Lvenger (21165 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about you guys but I'm uncomfortable with the idea of Wally being the Reverse Flash. It's far less than his character deseves in the New 52.

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm uncomfortable with the idea of Wally being the Reverse Flash. It's far less than his character deseves in the New 52.

Agreed.

The thing about Wally West is that he doesn't suit the style of the New 52. I'm not being negative when I say this, what I mean is that Wally was an everyman. He was a guy trying to live up to someone he admired, a hero because he wanted to do good. The New 52 is about bringing shiny new extreme appeal to (apparently) outdated heroes. Superman wears armour and is a ladykiller, Wonder Woman swings a sword and is Zeus' daughter, Aquaman has attitude, Batman is there doing something, Cyborg has a Boom Tube. Wally West is just a guy. Just a great guy blessed with tremendous power, and helps people not because of tragedy or to atone, but just because it's the right thing to do. Wally is a timeless character, he's just not a flashy one. Pardon the pun.

#21 Posted by Lvenger (21165 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: I take it you've heard the rumours then? With Didio's foreboding tweet at the start of the year, I am worried about what will happen to Wally.

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Sadly, I've manage to completely detach myself from the modern DCU, so I don't really care what happens, but I doubt it will be good.

Honestly, if they don't want Wally West to be Flash (and I understand why, they're focusing on Barry), then make him a Blue Lantern. It fits him, and gives them a BL to focus on that's familiar but fresh. Sadly though, he'll probably become a Reverse-Flash or the new Velocity or something. A bad guy or vigilante type, most likely. Punisher with superspeed.

#23 Posted by Lvenger (21165 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Yeesh that's a poor fate for a fan favourite character.

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Wally is and isn't a fan favourite though, that's the trouble. He's almost a cult character, he's adored by a relatively small but fierce readership. Let's be honest, Flash wasn't holding down a series til it was revamped with Barry. Granted that's possibly because DC never really pushed the series like they did when Barry took over, but nevertheless, Wally was struggling.

And with the way Flash and JL are going, I honestly think DC won't bother introducing Wally. Why mess with something that's working, you know?

#25 Posted by Lvenger (21165 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Flash is suffering sales wise though. Manapul and Bucelleto (not sure if that's right) might be damn fine artists but their writing leaves something to be desired. I don't hate Barry though, I just wish that if he is Wally's replacement, something more could be done with him

#26 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: Flash is suffering sales wise though. Manapul and Bucelleto (not sure if that's right) might be damn fine artists but their writing leaves something to be desired. I don't hate Barry though, I just wish that if he is Wally's replacement, something more could be done with him

Ah yeah, I forgot they were writing it. (Shows how much interest I pay in comics that Johns helped mould :P)

Barry Allen is not a hate-able character. He's just not. By the same virtue, that lack of personality is the reason he got the a** to begin with. He's a pure Silver Age character and his stories have been told. It's not surprising that Manapul is running dry and little can be done with him.

Geez, I am DOMINATING with the puns in this thread.

#27 Edited by xybernauts (853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: It's funny, a few days ago @RideASpaceCowboy: created a thread called Theory about the new Reverse Flash where he made a similar suggestion. I agree that they need to make Professor Zoom more interesting. The problem is Dc would have to take a beloved heroic character (i.e. Wally West) and turn him into a character that's typically portrayed as a villain (i.e. the Reverse Flash). Instead of turning Wally west into a villain (i.e. Professor Zoom). I'd suggest that they instead make Professor Zoom a future relative of the Flash. Or if you really want to make Wally into a villain, perhaps you could say this Wally is from Earth Three, the same universe that was shown in the Justice League Crisis on Two Earths animated movie.

#28 Posted by noj (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO what they should do with Wally is real simple. Have him be a new speedster called Mercury. Give him a blue and white costume and have him work with Barry. They could also go a different route and have Wally return as the same Wally from the pre Flashpoint universe that somehow made it to the new universe sort of like Barry but make it so that his memories dont get rewritten.

#29 Posted by Clark_EL (2676 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts: Yeah, because I like Wally as a hero too but it might be cool if he was avillian.