• 172 results
#51 Posted by Perethorn (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

I will kill Wally West with a banana peel

#52 Edited by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

i totally love him but id say batman, the effect on the dc universe would be awesome, and how great would his legend be the man who fought with the heroes without powers.

#53 Edited by SOG7dc (7480 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I take a condescending tone when the person I'm talking to makes baseless statements that are based on ignorance. I'm not angry. You're angry at the fact that I pointed that your opinion is based on stereotypes and a complete lack of understanding on what you're talking about. Adults actually read about things before they come up with opinions. They don't jump to conclusions based on what things "seem". Children take everything at face value, and make opinions without knowing about things. So frankly, you're still a child.

no! youre wrong lol im not angry because I don't care. at all. I don't care because I don't like the characters. so youre actually making a conscious decision to take a condescending tone because I disagree with you? that's so mature of you. and there is a giant whole in youre theory about adults. im an adult. and I tend to always form a general idea about things even before I read or watch them. so that's another factually incorrect thing you have said in this thread. you wanna go for more factually incorrect and rude statements because I don't like the heroes you like????

#54 Posted by Wolverine08 (43528 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, @sog7dc is making baseless claims about characters he has never read about. You know what that makes him? Ignorant.

#55 Posted by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Wolverine08 (43528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Ehhhh, with all the ignorant statements you made about things you have zero knowledge on, I really find it hard to believe you are an adult. Try harder.

#57 Posted by SOG7dc (7480 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

lets see how mature you are. if you really truly want to have an adult conversation instead of just trying to start a flame war (that I will not give you) pm me about the characters where you will have no audience for your argument

#58 Posted by Wolverine08 (43528 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by SOG7dc (7480 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: saying you want them to die and don't like them is like saying they suck. look man we can debate BP and Batman all we want but it's already widely accepted that BP is superior.

the thing is I don't care. I really don't. I think batman is better. I don't care whats widely accepted. I care what I accept. why cant you two do the same and leave me alone?

#60 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by SOG7dc (7480 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Ehhhh, with all the ignorant statements you made about things you have zero knowledge on, I really find it hard to believe you are an adult. Try harder.

Oh no. You don't think I'm a grown up. Whatever shall I do?

#63 Posted by Wolverine08 (43528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Hey! I have a theory. Maybe instead of making baseless claims about charactesr you know nothing about, why don't you read some of their stories, and THEN come back with an opinion? Is that too mature for you?

#64 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: ok calm down I like Batman more I think he's a better character I was just talking about stats bro.

#65 Posted by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by SOG7dc (7480 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

how about responding to the pm I sent you or do u just want an audience?

#67 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn: This actually made my day well done sir! (Wally is overrated though)

#68 Edited by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: I made you all warm and fuzzy didn't I :)

#70 Posted by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8213 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by Dabee (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: @wolverine08: I think the great Harlan Ellison (dude's a freakin' legend. Worked on Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Dangerous Visions... the list goes on. Guy's a sci-fi legend. Anyway, back to the sentence) can sum up your argument perfectly.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

-Harlan Ellison

Of course, Ellison was speaking on behalf of much more pressing matters. However, I think it can still apply. When the question was asked, "what superheroes would you kill off?" it is assumed that you have a working knowledge of the characters. To say Black Panther is a Batman ripoff simply couldn't be further from the truth. I too am having a hard time deciding on any similarities save for the black suit. And calling Hulk a big dumb monster, well... he's certainly not dumb. He's one of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe. And a monster? That's for another debate, but it's really much deeper than that.

The man himself.

I think what's going on here is that, yes, you are stating your opinion. But you have no basis for it. It's as if you've never read anything on the character. Without trying to sound to cheesy or cliche, you are judging a book by its cover. For you to say you would kill off a character you know nothing about is inherently ignorance. It's like me saying I would wipe cheeseburgers off the face of the Earth just because I hate them; but by the way, I've never eaten one. (This is all hypothetical, I'm sure I've eaten hundreds, if not thousands.) If you don't wanna take it from me, take it from Harlan Ellison!

#74 Posted by Hawk80 (351 posts) - - Show Bio

all robins

#75 Posted by AdamtheSubmariner (107 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing
All speedsters

#76 Posted by i_like_swords (15693 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@sog7dc: @wolverine08: I think the great Harlan Ellison (dude's a freakin' legend. Worked on Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Dangerous Visions... the list goes on. Guy's a sci-fi legend. Anyway, back to the sentence) can sum up your argument perfectly.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

-Harlan Ellison

Of course, Ellison was speaking on behalf of much more pressing matters. However, I think it can still apply. When the question was asked, "what superheroes would you kill off?" it is assumed that you have a working knowledge of the characters. To say Black Panther is a Batman ripoff simply couldn't be further from the truth. I too am having a hard time deciding on any similarities save for the black suit. And calling Hulk a big dumb monster, well... he's certainly not dumb. He's one of the smartest people in the Marvel Universe. And a monster? That's for another debate, but it's really much deeper than that.

The man himself.

I think what's going on here is that, yes, you are stating your opinion. But you have no basis for it. It's as if you've never read anything on the character. Without trying to sound to cheesy or cliche, you are judging a book by its cover. For you to say you would kill off a character you know nothing about is inherently ignorance. It's like me saying I would wipe cheeseburgers off the face of the Earth just because I hate them; but by the way, I've never eaten one. (This is all hypothetical, I'm sure I've eaten hundreds, if not thousands.) If you don't wanna take it from me, take it from Harlan Ellison!

Boom.

You literally just destroyed the "it's my opinion so nobodies right or wrong" argument.

Thank you.

#77 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool, Jason Todd, Jean Grey, SpOck, Kid Nova, Cyborg, Lobo, and just for kicks - Deathstroke.

#78 Edited by Supreme Marvel (11266 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: I love Tim. Jason is stealing Tim's rightful limelight. Jason has done NOTHING to deserve this.

#79 Edited by Wolverine08 (43528 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

-Harlan Ellison

The man himself.

This. Thank you.

#80 Posted by flazam (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

And know that they will never come back or at least for a very long long time like 25 years long my superheros would he nightwing red robin and orion

I disagree with the ones you have chosen#

• Nightwing and Red Robin : they have already Killed Jason Todd and killing another to members of the Bat-family seems to be over doing the effect
  • Orion: He's a god, He is my favorite Character

#81 Posted by flazam (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: If you are going to want to habour an Opinion, Be prepared for people to disagree and possibly debate with them, Just make sure you have reason to your Opinion, They way you have Approached the Situation seems Childish,

What You have done is made an opinion and then assumed that everyone should agree with it.

#82 Posted by Black_Claw (3007 posts) - - Show Bio

Skitter. Thankfully she's vanished completely from Teen Titans.

#83 Edited by CHUCKY47 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN UNTIL THEY SHUTUP ABOUT HE WINS EVERYTHING WITH PREP TIME

#84 Edited by Wolverine08 (43528 posts) - - Show Bio

@chucky47:

Only Batman fanboys say that. Only a small percentage.

#85 Edited by waezi2 (7969 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost.

#86 Edited by CHUCKY47 (254 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: dicks is to much of a goody two-shoe and tim drake for the same reason oh and orion is a douch die orion DIE. and the reason jason is stealing the limelight is because hes an antihero and hes in the bat family and despite being and antihero he still has friends and if anything i would like if they erased out of the continuety ard replaced him with stephine brown

#88 Posted by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: let me resay that i would like it if instead of erasing stephiny brown i would like it if instead her erase tim

#89 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11266 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: As a fan of Tim. I've read all of his comics and Steph for a while plays an important role. Because I started after One Year Later arc, I wasn't fussed on Steph, then I read back from issue 1 and now I like her a lot. There as never been one moment where I have liked Jason.

Tim, pre-52 was doing well in sales. So it should have been obvious to have his own series. Here is a blog I wrote about it.

Why Tim Drake Deserves his own Series.

#91 Posted by flazam (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: I don't you should kill a character because there are stupid looking

#92 Edited by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: its not that i hate tim its just that hes been in the limelight for so long just like dick i just either want him dead or erased out of continuety if not any of them i want batman dead but all for a red robin but i wont buy it unless batmans dead then i probly will

#93 Edited by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@flazam: i meant kill orion kill him slowy looking stupid and being overated is why i want him dead for good dead in the grave and never seen in comics again in fact kill off all the new gods exsept darkseid and desad and grany goodness

#94 Edited by Supreme Marvel (11266 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: Batman makes them way too much money for them to kill off. That is why he has many titles. The reason why Dick and Tim are in the limelight is because they've earned it. Jason was killed off because people never liked him. Tim was even placed in charge of the rescue efforts of Blüdhaven by Superman. He has his worth.

Jason just has no right to be where he is. He should have just stayed dead.

#95 Posted by flazam (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: That seems a bit over the top doesn't it?

#96 Edited by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_marvel: thats what many people still say but either way tim drake is a sissy and jasons is a badass cheer cheer die red robin DIE slowly and painfuly. you are to pasionate about tiny tim and hes probly the worst figther concidering he had to resort to kicking jasons ball i geuss he was to scaird that he might get his ass kicked if he faced him head on oh well

#97 Edited by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio

@flazam: yes yes it does BUT IM HAPPY! i am being optimistic about the subject for there some who like supreme marvel who just want to argue

#98 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11266 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: No. The Tim is just different to Dick, and Jason. That why he was created. Tim may lack the physical presence, but he is much smarter than Dick and Jason. I was not at the convention that worst fighter meant worst character. If I had someone from the Bat family going after Joker, I would chose Tim. Joker has a hold on the other characters. Even Joker hates going up against the "know it all". Jason is just bad, not badarse. The moment his bubble burst, it's bye bye. Tim has too great a following.

#100 Edited by lifeofvibe (3506 posts) - - Show Bio