What superhero got you into comics?

• 91 results
HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Spider-man and the x-men. That cartoon show back in the 90s were the greates cartoons I remember as a kid and they really made me get into the whole super hero thing. I loved seeing spider-man team up with iron man captain america and with the x-men those were th days

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spider-man and the x-men. That cartoon show back in the 90s were the greates cartoons I remember as a kid and they really made me get into the whole super hero thing. I loved seeing spider-man team up with iron man captain america and with the x-men those were th days

Exactly same for me

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Kiltro95

@tg1982: I loved the Rocketeer movie, its my favorite movie actually, due to its campy style, sense of community and the time setting, and actually the first Rocketeer comic I owned was the comic adaption of the movie and this was before I watched the movie.

shieldzeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By shieldzeal

Superman and X-Men.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This group, and this story in particular, got me back into comics after a 5-6 yr hiatus. I'm sad the Legion no longer has it's broad cult following, and the current series is being cancelled in a few months. My least favorite probably would be Aquaman, but I confess, I've not read Jeff Johns take, which many people seem to love.

Avatar image for lieutenant_awkward
Lieutenant_Awkward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man got me into comics. Now I'm mostly a DC guy.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tikhunt

If it's what superhero got me into the genre then it was Superman of course however if it's who got me rile up enough to spend a week or two simply trying to find my LCS to buy something then it is Rocket Raccoon and yes they are both my favorite.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

batman got me into comics , but im not just a batman or dc fan , batman was just the gateway lol

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Avengers, no they are not my favorites. Vision is my favorite though he is an Avengers and is not given enough cred that he deserves. My least favorite is probably WW.

Vision got me into comics, too. I used to play the Data East Avengers game on the Sega Genesis, I would always play as the Vision. (See my avatar) My dad had a huge collection, and that's how I got into it. The first superhero comic I really started reading monthly, however, was the Flash. I thought it would be like Sonic, (which I read at the time), and even though it wasn't, I still really liked it. Let's remember I was pretty young, what with comparing Sonic and Flash just because of speed. That's the first time I remember interacting with comics.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman and Batman. But I don't get anything Spidey related anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avengers, primarily Captain America. He's still one of my favorites among Deadpool (obviously) and Hawkeye

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg1982: Pretty much all of them. I've never really been that interested in their stories.

Ah, I see. I was never into Green Lantern either, the only time I even liked one was in the JL and JLU cartoons, with John Stewart, but even then, not enough to read the comics.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Iron Man.

Not the comics, the first movie. I soon got bored with it, though, and sorta fell out of it. It wasn't until the Captain America movie came out that Steve became my favorite character and I got back into back into comics.

But sense then Batman has taken his top spot. Cap still remains a close second, though.

My least favorite is probably Maria Hill if that counts.

I can't stand that lady...

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiltro95 said:

@tg1982: I loved the Rocketeer movie, its my favorite movie actually, due to its campy style, sense of community and the time setting, and actually the first Rocketeer comic I owned was the comic adaption of the movie and this was before I watched the movie.

I liked it too, on a side note, the director was Joe Johnston, who also directed Captain America: First Avenger. He does pretty good in those time period pieces. ;-)

Vorien79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first comic ever...

No Caption Provided

My father bought it for me the night we went to see Batman at the drive-in in Warwick, NY.

I don't read any Batman titles anymore, so no he is not my favorite anymore. Current favorite is Namor, Thor & Dr. Strange.

Least favorite... Deadpool or Spiderman

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#66  Edited By Pokeysteve

Punisher. I was reading about Ennis' Punisher and had to buy the first Punisher Max Hardcover. After that it was Death of Superman and the obsession began.

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mr_gone

First and foremost it would have to be the 89 batman movie, though the first comics i owned were the first x-force books. Favorite characters is a three way tie between batman, magneto, and swamp thing. i have no idea who i'd put as least favorite ...i really love comics, heh

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Spiderman was the hero that got me into this. Hulk and X-men helped a lot too. Batman brought me back after a long period of abstinence and Superior Spiderman makes me wanna puke (yes, that's me being negative and enjoying it...).

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By 2chimcha3

Spiderman initiated my interest as a kid but the first character I ever read was Thor. Thor is still in my top 3 favorites, and I still love Spiderman, he's just not my favorite.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Banners genius got me into comics ! I always new he was Top 8 in marve, but just didn't have the showings of pure intellectual prowess Stark Reed n Doom had ! But now I'm pleased its now established Stark<<<<< Banner =Doom/Reed (not exactly equal yet.. But getting there) ! Hulk.. Gotta love the Jade Giant too !

I hate superman though !

Superman hates you!........just kidding he doesn't.........but seriously he does :P

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dum529001

Spider-man, X-men, Fantastic Four and Hulk.

Spider-man is a crime fighter, dedicated to using his power responsibly in the cause to uphold what is good, going all sorts of crazy adventures and facing impossible challenges. One of the first teenage superheroes who wasn't a side kick. A superhero that reminds us that superheroes have everyday, normal problems too.

X-men fight for civil rights while trying to be superheroes. They strive toward the goal of peaceful coexistence between human an superhuman people.

The Fantastic Four are scientific explorers, a superhero team, and a family as well.

Hulk is a monster who constantly fights people but he doesn't want to be seen as a monster that people have to hunt. He wants a life, a life that's not ruined by people constantly hunting him like and animal and he wants to be loved.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman introduced me to comics and superheroes in general. FF and Spidey brought me deeper with their Essential books.

But it wasn't until Moon Knight that I started considering myself a fan and started buying comics.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Spiderman

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, though the X-Men and Spider-Men helped indirectly

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By lykopis

Rogue and Wolverine. I can't really pick between the two, followed by the rest of the X-Men. I can't choose my least favourite -- there something to like in every character I guess -- if anything, I was absolutely against anything DC when I first started.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#77  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Spider-man. Nope, Doctor Fate(in his/her many incarnations). Maybe Captain America.

Octoskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reruns of the late 60's Spider-Man cartoon was my first introduction to comic book heroes, but the X-Men got me into reading the books. Strangely, since my return to collecting and reading, I haven't had the same interest in the X-Men and have not picked up any of their titles.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Spider-Man.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Captain America was the character that drew me into comics.

My current favorites are Captain America, Winter Soldier, and Nova (Richard Rider).

I don't really dislike any character. The one that I prefer not to read is Deadpool, but if there is a good story to be told, I am in regardless of character.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hulk was my first comic it not only got me into comics but is also how i learned to read.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive always liked superheros because of the movies and cartoons growing up, but the the team that got me into actually reading Comics was the Runaways

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man. Not my favourite character but I really think he is one the best superheroes ever created.

madtitan2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My elementary school had a subscription to Captain America, Incredible Hulk, and Amazing Spider-Man. Also around the same time Wal-Mart carried 2 or 3 packs of marvel books keeping short arcs together in the pack.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Harley Quinn, and yes, she is still my favorite.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Superman,Batman and Spider-Man.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved X-Men stuff as a kid, but didn't start reading comics seriously until I picked up Ultimate Spider-Man at a young age. X-Men is still my favourite, Nightcrawler obviously is up there.

More of a DC fan in general though.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#89  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

X-Men, I still very much love the X-Men but I very much hate what Marvel has/is doing to them

This.

bornonamonday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Punisher was the character that got me into comics and he is still my favorite character even though the only thing he is in right now is the Thunderbolts and it's not really that good :/

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The hero that got me into comics was definitely Batman, followed by Spidey. The 90s cartoons pulled me in. My favorite quickly became The Punisher and has been ever since. My least favorite characters are probably Captain America and Wonder Woman.