• 90 results
#1 Posted by JulieDC (790 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they still your favorite superhero? If not, who is your favorite superhero? Who is your least favorite superhero?

#2 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

the Avengers, no they are not my favorites. Vision is my favorite though he is an Avengers and is not given enough cred that he deserves. My least favorite is probably WW.

#3 Edited by AttitudeEraGuy (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider Man, he's still one of my favorite comic book characters, and my least favorite comic book character would have to be green lantern.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27716 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men, I still very much love the X-Men but I very much hate what Marvel has/is doing to them

#5 Posted by Xwraith (11066 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men, I still very much love the X-Men but I very much hate what Marvel has/is doing to them

This is literally the same as me.

#6 Edited by Kiltro95 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rocketeer and yes he is still my favorite to this day.

#7 Edited by 14NC3 (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

mainly Spider-man(Still my favourite character) and Superman though i don't like him much anymore.

The X-men and batman also partly got me into comics. The X-men are still one of my favourite teams today and batman is also one of my favourites.

#8 Posted by dmessmer (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, from the 1970s TV show. Christopher Reeve as Superman had a big influence, too, as well as the 1960s Batman show and the various Spider-Man cartoons. But Wonder Woman was definitely first out of all of those, and she is still my favorite character.

In fact, it was the release of Wonder Woman on DVD that got me into comics as an adult (I didn't actually buy comics regularly until I was in my 20s).

#9 Posted by Extremis (2964 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I could say someone obscure or original but that's just not the case. Rarely is for most people I bet.

But, Batman. He's the one that got me into comics. I still consider him my favorite, but I'm starting to wonder if that's just out of habit, as I've since moved on to explore various other characters and find others to be more interesting to me lately. Especially the less popular superheroes. Hulk, Superman, Batman, Captain America, Spiderman - all iconic superheroes that got me interested in reading comics. But it's the more obscure ones that I've come to know lately that continue to keep me around.

#10 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I sporadically read comics when I was very young, mostly just flipping the pages and looking at the artwork... but what really got me INTO comics was when I heard that there was the huge war going on ... and it was a total secret- and Spider-Man went dodging through this group of mutants that were good guys, but bad guys maybe too. I was like ~wha-da-huh!?!~ and I had to check it out.. there was this awesome blue guy who was as fast as dodgey and as clingy to walls as Spidey and could teleport, PLUS he had a tail like a monkey with a devil lookin spikey thing on the end of it.

"Damn," I said.. "that's gotta be pretty awesome." We said awesome a lot in the 80's. Well, I asked my friend to bring the book he was talking about and the next day on the bus to school I was hooked.

#11 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine got me into comics. He was my favorite when I was a kid and is still a close second in my fave comic characters. My favorite hero now is Superman. my least favorite? I guess Spider Woman.

#12 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4089 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey was an still is my favorite.

#13 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie X-Men and the movie Avengers characters. Hulk is still my favourite and I quite like most of the other Avengers. As much as I love a lot of the X-Men, I don't get any X-Men titles because if I did I would want to be getting all of them, something I cannot afford.

My least favourite hero is Iron Man. That's not to say I hate him, just that he's too much of a jerk for my taste.

#14 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7943 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Banner they way he was in Son of Banner really is what truly drew me into the world of Comics

#15 Posted by Arinya (373 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT and Wolverine. I don't think TMNT counts as superheroes so I included Wolverine. They are still my favorite but at the moment they are low on my reading list. Their story have not been interesting enough for me. Although I'm curious about Savage Wolverine getting better. Was the Cho story any good? I care much for the prehistoric stuff.

#16 Edited by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to remember. I want to say it was Spider-Man that got me into comics - reading a lot of his older stuff. Pretty much dropped him cold when I started reading his 90's stuff. Clone Saga. Nuff said.

Batman was really the character who kept me here though. That and I already had familiarity with Bats through TV. Used to watch Adam West reruns and I loved them. This was just before Batman TAS came out. I was too young for my parents to allow me to go see Batman '89.

#17 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3276 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

I used to see commercials for the "Pryde of the X-Men" special and for some reason, they continuously ran these promos when I visited my grand uncle in Florida, even though it wasn't technically a series. I was a kid at the time, but that particular group always stuck with me.

#18 Posted by chalkshark (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

My Dad. He's used the power of money to buy me my first comics. It was a long time ago, and Dad would buy several comics for me at a time, so it's not like it was just one character I was reading. That said, my favorite character has always been Aquaman. My least favorite... hmm... that's a tough call. Generally speaking, I don't believe in bad characters, in and of themselves, only badly written characters. So, if I had to pick a character that I just don't like, it would have to be... Forge.

#19 Edited by batmannflash (6117 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men/spider-man movies, and justice league animated series

#20 Posted by ColonelRunAway (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Different characters to different degrees. I grew up with the 90s Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman and Superman animated series, so I have a soft spot for all of them. But I liked Spider-Man enough to try some issues of his book, which happened to focus on Ben Reilly as Scarlet Spider, and wanting to find out more about his background helped me dive into Marvel continuity.

Then after years of reading primarily Marvel, and usually in trade, Geoff Johns' Green Lantern finally got me to dig deeper into DC continuity. And between that, Ed Brubaker's Captain America, and having more money, I started to read both companies semi-weekly.

#21 Edited by TurtlePower4 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Ninja Turtles got me into comics, because I remember watching the 2003 TMNT series from the start and I watched reruns of BTAS a lot. Till this day Batman is my favorite hero and TMNT are my favorite team. Oh and my least favorite hero is definitely Wolverine ( I hate him with a passion ).

#22 Edited by JulieDC (790 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess, I'll include my answer too. watching avengers, thor, and the dark knight renewed my interest in superheros which caused me to watch the episodes of young justice and avengers:emh cartoons, which in turn renewed my interest in old dcau cartoons that I grew up watching. through that I became interested in the Flash. The Flash being the first comic I read (if you don't include Young Justice comics based on the cartoon). So:

superhero that got me into comics: The Flash

most favorite superhero: tim drake-robin/red robin

least favorite superhero: damian wayne/robin

#23 Posted by EnigmaLantern (663 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor got me into comics, seeing as I use to read extensively about Mythology (especially, Greek, Eqyptian, Roman and Norse). He's still one of my favourite characters. My least favourite is Cyclops.

#24 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman got me into comics....he's one of my favs. I got like 4 characters tied for my favorite.

and id say black panther is my least favorite

#25 Posted by Wolverine08 (27361 posts) - - Show Bio

@SOg7dc What don't you like about Black Panther if you would be so kind to elucidate (:

#26 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

sure man. its an immature reason really. I love batman and yesterday I read a battle thread about batman vs black panther and now, at least until I read a black panther story, I hate him lol. I don't have anything against him though. I do plan on picking up something with him in it so I can form an actual fact-based opinion on him

#27 Posted by Oscuro (471 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Batman

#28 Edited by Farwind (67 posts) - - Show Bio

It all started back in the day with the Static Shock cartoon, followed by the Teen Titans cartoon (go Raven and Beast Boy!). That convinced me to go check out a few comics and the library. I randomly selected a couple, and they were absolutely fantastic! (of course, what else would you expect of "Watchmen" and "The Judas Contract")

In those two books, I met two of my favorite characters of all time; Rorschach and Deathstroke. Static Shock and the Teen Titans made me check out comics; Rorschach and Slade Wilson convinced me to stay.

Now, they still are my favorite characters. Raven and BB have sort of faded into the background (because of lack of good stories).

Not sure about least favorite character. I'll just leave the generic statement about characters with unlimited power not based in skill.

#29 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@farwind said:

It all started back in the day with the Static Shock cartoon, followed by the Teen Titans cartoon (go Raven and Beast Boy!). That convinced me to go check out a few comics and the library. I randomly selected a couple, and they were absolutely fantastic! (of course, what else would you expect of "Watchmen" and "The Judas Contract")

In those two books, I met two of my favorite characters of all time; Rorschach and Deathstroke. Static Shock and the Teen Titans made me check out comics; Rorschach and Slade Wilson convinced me to stay.

Now, they still are my favorite characters. Raven and BB have sort of faded into the background (because of lack of good stories).

Not sure about least favorite character. I'll just leave the generic statement about characters with unlimited power not based in skill.

i wanted those two to date so badly!

#30 Edited by Bruxae (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman got me into comics, he is still probably in my top 5.

#31 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man

#32 Posted by wundagoreborn (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man captured my imagination first. His origin didn't involve mutation or radiation or something else I couldn't imagine happening to me. He had his suit because he was really smart and made it. I thought I was smart, so I could be like Iron Man. I didn't quite get the advantages of being a billionaire industrialist when I was a fifth grader. Then Demon in a Bottle happened and although I was too young to really get it, I liked that he was a survivor and not some perfect, ideal guy.

He is still a favorite 35 years later. I don't have a single favorite anymore, but IM is on the short list.

#33 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1501 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. The whole alien thing really intrigued me as a kid, and I wanted to be just like him. Batman didn't really do it for me because I prefered powers over human abilities. True, his character can seem a little 2 dimensional at times, but all of his stories kick ass and there are some really great writers for him. (For example Alan Moore, Mark Waid, and Joe Kelly) But New 52 is making me slowly lose my interest.

#34 Posted by PowerHerc (78288 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember which one it was exactly but I can narrow it down to Captain America, Captain Marvel (Billy Batson), Superman, the Thing and Aquaman. All of these superheroes are still among my favorites.

#35 Edited by XImpossibruX (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batman.

#36 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd McFarlane's Amazing Spider-Man run in the 80's when I was a kid is what brought me to the dance.

He's still my favorite Spider-Man artist

#37 Edited by tg1982 (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider Man, he's still one of my favorite comic book characters, and my least favorite comic book character would have to be green lantern.

Which Green Lantern? Or all of them?

@kiltro95 said:

The Rocketeer and yes he is still my favorite to this day.

How did you like the movie from the 90's?

As for me it was Captain America that got me into comics. My best friend at the time was into comics and he gave me a few Captain America comics to borrow, the rest, as they say, is history. And yes, he is still my favorite hero. My least liked character? Probably Wolverine, not because I don't like him or anything, but due to the over saturation of him of being in practically every comic, I'm just like "Enough, already!!!!"

#38 Edited by hart7668 (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman got me in. He is my favorite and I would have to say Rogue is my least favorite.

#39 Posted by JediXMan (28075 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman.

Kinda the standards, I guess.

#40 Posted by Dernman (14052 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea. I've been into superheroes since before I could remember.

#41 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey ,Thor, Hulk, Superman,Namor, Captain Marvel, Shazam!

#42 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

#43 Posted by SergeStorms (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I got into comics from reading Vertigo titles. Superheroes came later.

#44 Posted by Jack Donaghy (828 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman thanks to Batman: The Animated Series.

#45 Edited by SideburnGuru (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

Strangely enough, I got hooked into comics starting with the Archie: Sonic The Hedgehog comics.

I then decided to check out Captain America. Then went on from there. Still think Captain America is one of the greatest heroes to ever appear.

#46 Posted by frostphoenix (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to buy spider-man and x-men comics when I was young; also I used to read donald duck. Those comics were really good. Ohh... and also my father was a big superman fan, so I guess he was the reason I started reading comics.

#47 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Banners genius got me into comics ! I always new he was Top 8 in marve, but just didn't have the showings of pure intellectual prowess Stark Reed n Doom had ! But now I'm pleased its now established Stark<<<<< Banner =Doom/Reed (not exactly equal yet.. But getting there) ! Hulk.. Gotta love the Jade Giant too !

I hate superman though !

#48 Posted by AttitudeEraGuy (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: Pretty much all of them. I've never really been that interested in their stories.

#49 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (8164 posts) - - Show Bio

The X men got me into comics.

#50 Edited by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically it's a collection of the super hero animated shows from the mid 90's to the early 00's, but of all the people in them, it'd have to be Superman (with Batman a close 2nd). (I didn't start reading actual comics until....about 3 years ago I think).