#1 Edited by Delphic (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

Throughout Marvel, DC, Image, Dynamite, or even Zenscope there have been countless different stories told. Each one with it's own unique twists and grabs. What is the one story though that regardless of prefered publisher, character, or creative team that everyone calling themselves a comic book fan, should know a little something about. They don't have to know exact details of the story, but they know the summary of what happend. Share your opinion of what the 'One Story" is in a small paragraph explaining why every comic fan should know this stoy. For an example I will start:

Batman: The Killing Joke

The Killing Joke is probably one of the best Batman vs Joker stories I have ever read. This one story changed a lot about the Batman mythos. Most particularly it changed how the Joker was depicted, and served as a sort of an inspiration for many incarnations we see of the Joker today. In this story we see Barbara Gordon (aka Batgirl) receive her crippling injury that ends her career as a costumed crimefighter (which was recently changed), but rise up from it in future stories afterward. We also see a very chilling origin story which seems to make somewhat sense of the Joker's insanity, but goes a step further at revealing a very disturbing insight at the relationship between the Joker and Batman. For what this one story does for Batman is why this is one story that every comic fan should know about.

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio
Fatal Attractions is a must read for any true xmen fan
#3 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come

Watchmen

Sandman (the entire series)

#4 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

All for the want of a nail.

#5 Posted by kamakazi152 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

This 12 comic series or Graphic Novel is a must read for anyone who likes comic books. This written by Alan Moore as well as Batman: The Killing Joke as posted by above.

#6 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman.

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

All that was stated above I agree with.

I'm gonna add this.

#8 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Death of Gwen Stacy

#9 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5487 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by sinestro_GL (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Returns <-- The Modern Age Begins

#11 Posted by mr_gone (235 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one i always hand new reader's

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come, Millar's The Ultimates, and The Death of Superman trilogy should all be up there as well.

#13 Posted by Malonius (894 posts) - - Show Bio

Every comics fan should know the true story of comics greatest villian: Dr. Fredric Wetham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredric_Wertham

#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Fatal Attractions is a must read for any true xmen fan

100% agree

@kamakazi152 said:

This 12 comic series or Graphic Novel is a must read for anyone who likes comic books. This written by Alan Moore as well as Batman: The Killing Joke as posted by above.

Definetly.

#15 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I only had 2 in mind. It should be the dark phoenix saga and pre-crisis.

#16 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

-Captain Marvel Adventures #22-46

The formation of The Monster Society of Evil took two years' worth of Captain Marvel comic books, and was the first epic serial story told in American comic books.

#17 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6027 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come. Identity Crisis. Secret Wars. Planet Hulk.

#18 Posted by kamakazi152 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Girth: If someone hadn't posted this one I was going to.

I completely agree with this one as well.