What should I read?

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bearklaw19

Hello everyone, im kinda new to this comic thing and I wanted some of your opinions, what should I start reading?, Ive been reading The Amazing Spider-Man from #860 on and its really cool, I have also been reading the 2011 Venom with Flash Tompson along with the AVX comics, I have ordered online Carnage USA and im pretty pumped to read it as Carnage is one of my fav villians. What do you guys think of the Deadpool comics?, or Invincable Iron man?, I have ordered Iron Man 516-520, the comic store in my town does not shelf them because they are not popular by what the guy who runs the store says but they have Deadpool comics and it seems like a funny/action comic, Iron Man is my fav superhero so I thought id give his issues a chance, im not really a fan of DC,any feed back would be nice, thanks!

-The Renegade-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By -The Renegade-

If you like Iron Man you should check out the beginning of Matt Fraction's run, the first three volumes that include issues 1 to19 of Invincible Iron Man. After that I kind of gave up on the series, but people seem to say it's still good.

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bearklaw19

bump

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

You could read up on Batman of any version if its something you're interested in.... heck anything that interest you, a character that you may like.

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bearklaw19

@TERMINATOR1000: Thanks, I guess im just looking in your personal opinion, and if you read any of the comics I listed and if you liked/disliked them

Avatar image for thebigredcheese
TheBigRedCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBigRedCheese

I enjoy Deadpool in small doses. I'm guessing you already own Carnage: Family Feud?

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bearklaw19

@TheBigRedCheese: No I dont, I usually dont look into the older stuff because I don tknow what to read really, old ot me is like 2000 back ( if it is that far back), but if you recommend it I will for sure pick it up

Edit: I just looked it up, looks awesome, Carnage and Irom man?, how could it go wrong

Avatar image for thebigredcheese
TheBigRedCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBigRedCheese

@bearklaw19: I hear it is a good book about Carnage's resurrection and something Carnage fans should add to their collection.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By 2chimcha3

Just to let you know, Invincible Iron Man is getting canceled in October. They'll eventually launch a brand new series for Iron Man though. I doubt it'll take very long.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I recommend you read Scarlet Spider it is a great series, and I think you may like it since you already read a lot of Spidey series

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FullmetalChobit

Spidey's very enjoyable as part of The Avengers. I'd recommend looking into different teams as that's where I found my favourite superhero characters.

Also, Deadpool is HILARIOUS. The Daniel Way run is great so far, I can't recommend it enough.

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bearklaw19

@FullmetalChobit: Right on thanks alot, what comics has Spider Man as an Avenger?, I know he has like 3 issues of him as a Fantastic Four, is this in the Amazing Spider-Man series or something else?

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FullmetalChobit

@bearklaw19: The New Avengers series has Spider-Man in the line-up, although as of 2010, he is also part of The Avengers (The difference between the two different teams, to be brief, is that one is government sanctioned and the other does their own thing). Wolverine is also in both and Luke Cage is also AWESOME. (Once you read a little bit into The Avengers, I would highly recommend Avengers Academy - where some old faces start training mutant teenagers, it's epic!)

That was just a four-part mini-series, imaginatively named 'Spider-Man & The Fantastic Four'.

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By kingdomenic

@bearklaw19: If you are sticking with Marvel, the Uncanny X-Force is great, Wolverine and the X-Men is pretty cool, and Daredevil seems to be liked by a lot of people. I am a DC guy myself. If you are interested, Snyder's Batman right now is awesome. Also if you were a fan of the show as kid, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic is pretty good right now.

Here is my pull list.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/kingdomenic/what-im-reading/75-38761/