#1 Edited by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you suggest I pick up. I can only get one

#2 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude get Swamp Thing to me is one of the best new 52 out there with Animal Man.

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99: SWAMP THING, no question! Stormwatch is awful right now, and Swamp Thing is one of the best titles of the New 52 (along with Animal Man as CODYSF said)

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Billy Batson (58349 posts) - - Show Bio

Swampy though Milligan will be writing Stormwatch soon.
BB

#5 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: @Icarusflies: Thanks

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio
@coolguyr99: Swampthing, you should wait till Milligan gets on Stormwatch before you pick it up
#7 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: @spiderbat87: What has Milligan previously worked on?

#8 Posted by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

I Heard Swamp Thing is superior but Stormwatch will get better in a few issues.

#9 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio
@coolguyr99 said:

@Billy Batson: @spiderbat87: What has Milligan previously worked on?

He writes Hellblazer, Red Lanterns and is going from Justice League Dark. He also did Submariner: The Depths which was awesome
#10 Posted by DIOMJK (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say swamp thing, but it's pretty far into a story arc that doesn't seem like it's resolving anytime soon. Stormwatch is Okay, but I would pick Paul Cornell's other title, Demon Knights, instead. That said, Stormwatch has a new story arc starting in issue 7. And Milligan is taking over in an issue or two, but honestly his work on Red Lanterns is garbage, though Justice League Dark was pretty cool.

#11 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@DIOMJK said:

I would say swamp thing, but it's pretty far into a story arc that doesn't seem like it's resolving anytime soon. Stormwatch is Okay, but I would pick Paul Cornell's other title, Demon Knights, instead. That said, Stormwatch has a new story arc starting in issue 7. And Milligan is taking over in an issue or two, but honestly his work on Red Lanterns is garbage, though Justice League Dark was pretty cool.

in his defense...i don't know how much of a story you can make with the red lanterns. =\. No matter the writer when they announced this i knew it was doomed for fail. The entire concept to me seems interesting but not enough to hold its own book.

#12 Posted by DIOMJK (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: I suppose thats true, but I still expected more than Atrocitus gazing thoughtfully at a corpse for 5 issues. I mean, They even did the whole "Give bleez sentience" thing in New Guardians, he can't even claim that. Of course, they could have just focused the whole series on Dex-Starr, that could have been enjoyable

#13 Posted by amazinglover (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Swampthing and if you can animal man also which is great on it's own but something tells me they are going to have a crossover soon.

#14 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm reading both and despite what others have said about Stormwatch I'm enjoying it and this is a tough call IMO but I would still have to say between the two go with Swamp Thing.

#15 Edited by TDK_1997 (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are good but Swamp Thing just is one of the best books in the New 52 with Batman and Animal Man.