What's your favourite Comic Story???

Chewwie89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, Just curious as to what other comic readers, like myself, particularly like when reading comics?

• i.e. what kind of stories have gripped you?
  • Have there been any new heroes/comic titles that you've picked up and gone wow!?
  • What particular writers you enjoy
  • and artists as well, who tells a good story for you?
  • Essentially thats the crux of my enquiry, so I look forward to hearing from you and your opinions :)

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hi, Just curious as to what other comic readers, like myself, particularly like when reading comics?

• i.e. what kind of stories have gripped you?
  • Have there been any new heroes/comic titles that you've picked up and gone wow!?
  • What particular writers you enjoy
  • and artists as well, who tells a good story for you?
  • Essentially thats the crux of my enquiry, so I look forward to hearing from you and your opinions :)

Batwing #25

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Anything with Greg Rucka or Ed Brubaker. I started with Brubaker's Captain America the Winter Soldier TPB as a new comic book reader looking for a place to start. That lead me to Gotham Central (my favorite series of all time) which lead me to Fatale, Lazarus, and Velvet most recently.

As for artists, I love Chris Samnee. If he's doing interiors on a book, I'll buy it no matter who the writer is. Thats often the case for his covers too. Its definitely on my bucket list to get a pice of his original art.

Daredevil #26- My favorite Samnee cover
Daredevil #26- My favorite Samnee cover

Chewwie89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cool, I'll have a look into these guys thanks, btw thats a pretty nice pic :)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Stories:

• All-Star Superman
  • Superman: Brainaic
  • Kick-Ass

Artists:

• Kenneth Rocafort
  • Gary Frank

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Comic Book Resources just finished releasing their Top 100 Comic Book Storylines as voted on by the users of the site.

Personally, some of my favorite stories are The Kang Dynasty; Winter Soldier Saga; Avengers Forever; All-Star Superman; Birthright; Batman: Year One; Kingdom Come; Annihilation; Invincible: Viltrumite War; Welcome Back, Frank; Under Siege; Marvels; Hush; Immortal Iron Fist; Ultron Unlimited; Ultimates 1 & 2; Kraven's Last Hunt; Saga of the Swamp Thing

My favorite writers are Kurt Busiek, Ed Brubaker, Mark Waid, and Robert Kirkman

As for artists, Steve Epting has long been one of my favorites. Esad Ribic has really gotten my attention from the God Butcher story in Thor.

As for titles that made me say wow, Invincible is up there because I picked it up on a whim when Comixology was having a big sale and ended up reading the first 105 issues in less than a week. All of the new Valiant books have really surprised me in quality, especially Harbinger and X-O Manowar.