What's Your Favorite Jaeger from Pacific Rim?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By ccraft

Poll What's Your Favorite Jaeger from Pacific Rim? (43 votes)

GYPSY DANGER 28%
STRIKER EUREKA 35%
COYOTE TANGO 12%
CRIMSON TYPHOON 9%
RUSSIAN JAEGER 16%

So which one is your favorite?

• 
LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LaserLambert

come on, just look at the stats, combine that with the chest missile launchers - Eureka.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson Typhoon was the most awesome looking, with the three saw blade hands.

Too bad he taken out in like two minutes.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ccraft

@laserlambert said:

come on, just look at the stats, combine that with the chest missile launchers - Eureka.

The chest missiles were awesome, the father and son team was pretty cool too.

@skyfire said:

Crimson Typhoon was the most awesome looking, with the three saw blade hands.

Too bad he taken out in like two minutes.

I know right, I wish we could have seen more of him..

http://imgur.com/gallery/ebCV got the pictures from this website.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Ostyo

Coyote Tango has a wicked looking and practical design, even if it's stats are a little low.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Striker eureka easily the most advanced jaeger. with almost top kaiju kills.

Second is cherno alpha. the most toughest jaeger.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Striker Eureka was easily the coolest, followed by Cherno Alpha, then Crimson Typhoon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When does this movie take place? Because unless there are drastic changes, other than the giant monsters of course, these stats don't make any sense. The US robot should be FAR more powerful than the others based on the most advanced technology, the largest military spending, and the most powerful military now. A country whose military consists largely of outdated WWII tech should not have a more powerful robot, nor should the country that spends more than six hundred billion less on defense.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: The nations of the world pooled their resources to create the Jaegers.

Also Gypsy danger is a MK 3, while the others are MK 4&5 (except Cherno Alpha I think) so it's stats should be lesser.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

COYOTE TANGO ftw

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Crimson Typhoon

C'mon it's a three armed mech driven by Chinese triplets

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cherno Alpha for sure.

There's a reason that thing was still in commission even after the 5th generation's been developed.

I've always admired the old stuff that's built to last, tried and tested. Everything just goes obsolete so fast these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyfire: That sounds like the US, sharing technology and money. But in all seriousness, the US would make damn sure they had the strongest mech.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@skyfire: That sounds like the US, sharing technology and money. But in all seriousness, the US would make damn sure they had the strongest mech.

There is no US military, it's all one.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cherno Alpha for sure.

There's a reason that thing was still in commission even after the 5th generation's been developed.

I've always admired the old stuff that's built to last, tried and tested. Everything just goes obsolete so fast these days.

Too bad the cherno got double tagged by two kaijus and got murdered in cold blood.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: It would've pummeled them if it weren't for this whole acid spit and EMP business.

Heck, I'd bet it could've taken on the category 5. It didn't really show anything in the way of special powers, besides the three tails.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Gipsy Danger the most, had the best teams brother 1 & brother 2 and then brother 2 & asian chick

The way it fought, mostly do to the teams, but they still did some awesome stuff like use a ship as a weapon, and then that cool sword.

I think if it showed more of the other robots I might have chosen another one as my favorite.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: It would've pummeled them if it weren't for this whole acid spit and EMP business.

Heck, I'd bet it could've taken on the category 5. It didn't really show anything in the way of special powers, besides the three tails.

Yeah.. it could easily kill the two kaijus but i think it wont outlast against a category 5. Especially its a mark 1 jaeger.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ccraft

@chibi_cute: it would have been cool to see Crimson Typhoon in action, that's why I would like to see a prequel or something.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Ninjablade09

When does this movie take place? Because unless there are drastic changes, other than the giant monsters of course, these stats don't make any sense. The US robot should be FAR more powerful than the others based on the most advanced technology, the largest military spending, and the most powerful military now. A country whose military consists largely of outdated WWII tech should not have a more powerful robot, nor should the country that spends more than six hundred billion less on defense.

2025 is when it takes place I believe. 2013 the first attack happened, 7 years latter Yancy was killed and then 5 years latter Raleigh rejoins the program. And the Danger was a little bit more advanced based on the way it's powered as it runs on a nuclear reactor. But you have to remember that the Gipsy Danger is an earlier model that's why it's not the most powerful And the technology was shared by the countries on the Pacific Rim.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I liked the Gipsy Danger the best. It easily did the most work ion the movie and it's the only reason Hong Kong wasn't destroyed. It also had one of the best pilots, Raleigh, who took finished the first ever recorded Category 3 Kaiju solo and survived. Then him and Mako took down two Kaiju without help.

I didn't care for the other models so much, the only reason I like Eureka is because Stacker Pentecost was able to pilot it, the chest missiles and the arm sword things.

And am I the only one who thinks Cherno Alpha design looks familiar, like from another robot movie.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cherno Alpha, I liked its design especially that power plant cooling tower like head.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ccraft

Anyone heard of the Cloverfield theory that connects to Pacific Rim somehow. My brother won't shut up about it lol

swordbrothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am stuck between Gypsy Danger and Striker Eureka.

Voted for Gypsy cause it won the final battle.

Striker was pretty awesome during that one second tv interruption when it took out that Kaiju and in day time for a change. Other than that not much was shown. Eureka also looks cooler.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

While I liked both Gipsy and Striker, I lean more towards Striker as I thought it was more effective in combat. The thing I disliked about Gipsy the most was its arm cannons, my dad and I saw the movie together and we both agreed that those things took forever to charge. By the time they had, the monster had already ripped off your other arm. While with Striker, though I don't remember it having any big guns, that I remember, aside from the chest missiles, it appeared to be more agile and quick on its feet, having a better edge in close hand-to-hand combat. As for firepower, I did feel it was lacking.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@ccraft said:

Anyone heard of the Cloverfield theory that connects to Pacific Rim somehow. My brother won't shut up about it lol

I doubt they have any connection. The monster from Cloverfield, as revealed in the movie, appeared to have come from space where as these monster came from another dimension.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: he used to keep saying that one of those monsters escaped and then had a baby that went to land, he now doesn't believe that theory.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lilben42

@ccraft: TBH that would be kind of awesome.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#28 god_spawn  Moderator

Gypsy Danger.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@war_killer: he used to keep saying that one of those monsters escaped and then had a baby that went to land, he now doesn't believe that theory.

Cool idea, but the monster still came from space, not the portal in the Pacific Rim like the others. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm... Why does Japan's giant robot seem like the weakest?

Don't they specialize in this kind of stuff?

Just sayin.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Also that monster came from the Atlantic Ocean, so that also destroys the theory lol

@lilben42 said:

@ccraft: TBH that would be kind of awesome.

It would be cool :)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@racob7 said:

Ummm... Why does Japan's giant robot seem like the weakest?

Don't they specialize in this kind of stuff?

Just sayin.

Yeah, I thought that was odd to. I don't even think Japan's Jaeger had any major role in the film, which odd seeing aren't they the ones who made stuff like giant robots fighting giant monsters popular? xD