What's taking so long for a Justice League movie to be made?

Avatar image for supercomicbookfreak
SuperComicbookfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems marvel has done overall better in the Comic book to movie transition.

Most of the well known heroes have been giving their own movies. Spiderman, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man etc. We still don't have a Wonder woman, Martian Manhunter, or Flash Movie, not to mention hawkgirl. Maybe Manhunter and Hawkgirl don't need a movie, but I'd like to see the Flash or Wonder Woman on the big screen sometime. A justice league movie would be awesome if done right and could possibly trump the avengers at the box office.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer

Because of a bunch of things going back and forth, with scripts, character casting, what goes where, whose shoe got lost and a bunch of other things I'm sure, also of course DC not wanting to go out of their comfort zone. Personally I really just don't care anymore, if people weren't so high strung about wanting a LA movie it probably wouldn't be such a problem and they would be able to make it a big budget animated/CGI film.

I mean I get it, people want a LA film but....at the rate it's going and taking forever....it just doesn't seem like it is gonna happen and if it does I feel like it'll just be a disappointment.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because Warner Brothers doesn't have any balls.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wolverine08 said:

Pretty much this since Green Lantern. That delayed the DCCU for a while as Warner Bros began to tiptoe and become timid with their DC franchises.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Because while Marvel was making their universe WB was making The Dark Knight trilogy which isn't really a suitable universe that allows other heroes.

Notice immediately after TDK trilogy ended they started their universe?

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Warner Brothers have lacked courage & faith in all the amazing DC characters they got & they just always keep going back to Batman and then Superman. And sadly whenever they tried to make another superhero movies they end being bad ones like Catwoman , Green Lantern , Supergirl etc. so they constantly milking The Big Two franchise in every 4 years whereas Marvel is making 2 movies every year. At this rate by the time Justice League trilogy happens , Marvel would have ran out of franchises to make movies & will be doing a Squirrel Girl movie lol

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tough movie to make. Significantly tougher than what it took to make the Avengers film.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

yup. did you hear? they are making another harry potter movie (nothing wrong with the HP movies). it's based on fantastic beasts and where to find them. it's a beastiary with NO story whatsoever. sure it might look cool, but it has no connection to harry potter (the character), except maybe that he read it at one point.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

JL nothing, where's the Wonder Woman film? DC should just hire Marvel to make a Wonder Woman film.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MonsterStomp

Because perfection can't be rushed :P

Plus, do you know how much the film would cost? Need the perfect cast, perfect special effects, etc nearly everything must hit 10/10. Hopefully Batman v Superman will rake in the box office WB needs for such a film.