longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By longbowhunter

@holyserpent: Is the series in any shape or form not terrible

It's nothing like a New 52 book if that's what your asking. It feels a bit like Giffen/DeMatteis era Justice League. The Legion of Superheroes are currently guest starring.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

@thecowwasdelirious: it's a okay read. I read my friends copy when he gets it. If i had to pay for it I wouldn't pick it up

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Spending his time being sidelined in the JLU... still can't decide if it's actually a trade up or down from being a 'behind the scenes' guy from Stormwatch.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.. being a pimp.

Seriously i dont know, probably nothing because writers don't know what do do with such a powerful being

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Mrnoital

He's in JLU

right now he's suppressing one of the most powerful being in creation

the Legion of Super-Heroes story is 2 issues in (#6 and the annual(5 sort of counts too I guess))

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

He on the Silver Age love fest over in Justice League United. Its a good book. Awesome roster and awesome writing. I feel the art could be better though.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow: I liked the art in the first story, but not a fan of whoever took over for the second

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: I liked it though I think the facial expressions could be a bit better. JLU was one of the books where I got so into reading it I was kinda visioning how I would do the art if I got to draw the book. I get like that sometimes.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dude where have you been? he's leading JLU

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mrnoital
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

@thecowwasdelirious said:

It's nothing like a New 52 book if that's what your asking. It feels a bit like Giffen/DeMatteis era Justice League. The Legion of Superheroes are currently guest starring.

Gee, that's a real positive way to describe it. Just say it's good, you don't need to soak the comment in negativity. Also I wouldn't use Giffen as a selling point, he has not been putting out much good lately. That being said though the book is great, it's written by Jeff Lemire.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He`s in the Justice League related stuff as usual...

But I think a solo series would be a nice change for such a rich character.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

@thecowwasdelirious said:

Gee, that's a real positive way to describe it. Just say it's good, you don't need to soak the comment in negativity. Also I wouldn't use Giffen as a selling point, he has not been putting out much good lately. That being said though the book is great, it's written by Jeff Lemire.

Soaked in negativity? What the f*ck are you talking about? That aside, I'm not using Keith Giffen as a selling point. I'm saying the book has the same tone as Giffen and DeMatteis's JLI/JLE run. Which Jeff Lemire has cited as influence a number of times. And I don't see how what Keith Giffen is doing now has any bearing on his past seminal works?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter:

It's nothing like a New 52 book

That's what I'm talking about.

Granted I may have jumped the gun a little since I've been talking to some people today who have been pretty negative, but I still think that wasn't the best way to describe the series.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter:

Granted I may have jumped the gun a little since I've been talking to some people today who have been pretty negative, but I still think that wasn't the best way to describe the series.

I'm assuming you've read JLU? Does it's tone remind you of a New 52 Justice League book or Pre New 52 Justice League book? That was my whole point. If you're going to jump my sh*t for saying an unkind word about the New 52, there are a lot of other posts of mine more deserving of your wrath than this one.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@longbowhunter:

I'm assuming you've read JLU? Does it's tone remind you of a New 52 Justice League book or Pre New 52 Justice League book? That was my whole point. If you're going to jump my sh*t for saying an unkind word about the New 52, there are a lot of other posts of mine more deserving of your wrath than this one.

I'm just saying you make it sound like being a New 52 Justice League book is bad. Also there was a New 52 Justice League book like this in tone, JLI (a book that, unlike JLU, was not very good).

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

@longbowhunter:

I'm just saying you make it sound like being a New 52 Justice League book is bad. Also there was a New 52 Justice League book like this in tone, JLI (a book that, unlike JLU, was not very good).

Yeah, that was my intention. I haven't liked any of the New 52 Justice League books other than United, and even it's only OK.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

@longbowhunter said:

@longbowhunter:

Yeah, that was my intention. I haven't liked any of the New 52 Justice League books other than United, and even it's only OK.

Well that's a shame, other then JLI and JL 3000 I've been loving them. Also check out Justice League Dark from issue #30 onward, because that book has been really good lately.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I liked Milligan's short run and Lemire's first arc on JLD. About 90% of Geoff Johns JL and JLA has been abysmal. I kinda liked the Metal Men story, but after Forever Evil I stopped reading.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

@captainmarvel4ever: I liked Milligan's short run and Lemire's first arc on JLD. About 90% of Geoff Johns JL and JLA has been abysmal. I kinda liked the Metal Men story, but after Forever Evil I stopped reading.

I'd have to disagree, while some parts were less enjoyable then others I don't feel it's been outright bad. The Thrown of Atlantis crossover was great, the issues that tied into Forever Evil were great, and from issue #30 on it's been really good. I haven't gotten the latest issue yet, but so far it's gotten great reviews, and I can't wait to see Jason Fabok's art, so I think I'll like it.

My larger point is that if you don't like it, that's fine, but don't be negative, we want more people reading comics, not less, and an air of negativity never helps.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter said:

I'd have to disagree, while some parts were less enjoyable then others I don't feel it's been outright bad. The Thrown of Atlantis crossover was great, the issues that tied into Forever Evil were great, and from issue #30 on it's been really good. I haven't gotten the latest issue yet, but so far it's gotten great reviews, and I can't wait to see Jason Fabok's art, so I think I'll like it.

My larger point is that if you don't like it, that's fine, but don't be negative, we want more people reading comics, not less, and an air of negativity never helps.

I don't like all the negativity the site generates either. I come here more often than not to beat the drum for my favorite ongoings. But to be given the "if I cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all" routine, makes me wanna be an asshole. So, I'm stepping away from this conversation.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Giffen is love, Giffen is life. You do not mess with Giffen. He wrote an amazing Doom Patrol book. He cannot be attacked.

I'm kidding though I really love Giffen's books.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Giffen is love, Giffen is life. You do not mess with Giffen. He wrote an amazing Doom Patrol book. He cannot be attacked.

I'm kidding though I really love Giffen's books.

I'm just saying lately he's had a bad batting average. He's a great guy full of energy and love for comics, and I'm planing on reading some of his better reviewed stuff down the line, but lately his work hasn't been great.

Still like Scott Lobdell I haven't given up on him, and I'm sure he'll have more good books in the future.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: The most recent stuff I have read of was his Doom Patrol and Metal Men. I am really hoping to get a hold of some of the Justice League 3000 series. Especially since Booster Gold and Blue Beetle will be back together!

Also I'm planning on getting his Supergirl book during Convergence just cuz the solicit shows how weird and fun Giffen will make it.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow: Honestly you may want to skip JL 3000. I picked it up because it (sort of) had Firestorm in it, and it was just so cluttered and hard to get invested in that I stopped reading very quickly. Other reviewers haven't been kind to it either. So if you do want to read it, I suggest waiting (but hey you never know, you might like it more then I did).

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ultragreenboy

J'onn is being sidelined.

Presumably by Geoff Johns because DC is his plaything.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

need more jonn

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Leading the j.l.u. A team with great potentials, a team way better than j.l.i

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for senior_cuddlebuns
senior_cuddlebuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy JLU and i've been hoping it's gonna sell better. If you want some cool character interactions and more silver agey type of stuff, cosmic adventures, and a kind of oddball cast of characters then read this title!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Spending his time being sidelined in the JLU... still can't decide if it's actually a trade up or down from being a 'behind the scenes' guy from Stormwatch.

He was infinitely cooler in Stormwatch

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Being Stargirl's bff.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecowwasdelirious: Well the first trade is coming out soon, and I'd suggest picking it up and seeing whether or not you like it for yourself .

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J'onn is being sidelined.

Presumably by Geoff Johns because DC is his plaything.

huh, I didn't realize leading a team and fighting Mon-El was considered sidelined

thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: He got booted from the JL because Johns loves Cyborg.

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: such a powerful being with an incredibly mundane and easy to exploit weakness. Seriously, I'm sick and tired of this bullshit line of thinking. J'onn is not a game breaker. It doesn't matter how many powers he has, if he can be brought to his knees by a fucking matchstick, he can be given decent challenges.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy: I'm pretty sure it's cause it balances the team better

he's a real tech guy, without him the closest they have to a tech guy is Batman, and he's good with it, but he should be more of a strategist

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ultragreenboy

@darktimecop: J'onn hasn't had a fire weakness for a good while now.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darktimecop: im not on his nuts or anything but MM's power set covers nearly all the bases. he is a game breaker when he is written correctly. more than most superheroes anyway.