What's a good comic?

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm looking for a newer run to read into. I've read Worlds end, Futures End (all so far), and all the multiversity runs. I do tend to lean towards DC over Marvel but do enjoy both. I just finished up a few Deadpool Arch's (Deadpool vs Carnage, Deadpool kills marvel, Deadpool kills Deadpool, and Deadpool killustrated). I've been on a reading rampage lately lol. Just name a few and I'll tell you if I've read em. I really will/do appreciate it guys.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Kick-Ass

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Lemire's run on Animal man if you have not already. Pretty new considering it is new 52.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Lemire's run on Animal man if you have not already. Pretty new considering it is new 52.

Everything Lemire does is amazing.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotham Academy, Grayson, Harley Quinn

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Scott Lobdell's Superman is amazing

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

Everything Lemire does is amazing.

"nods"

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read any New 52 animal man. Will look into it, thanks guys.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

New 52:

• Grayson
  • Animal Man
  • Swamp Thing
  • Justice League
  • Action Comics (0-18 and 25-...)
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Arrow (17-32)
magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@grim187: Why not jump into some indy comics for a few new characters and a fresh perceptive?

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: do you understand how much time and money it would cost to read every comic????? If you plan on buying, I'll kindly participate in your suggestion lol.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grim187: personally I've only read 4 comics. I'd suggest Justice League hitman. I've also heard blackest night is good. and planet hulk

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Everything with Grant Morrison's name on it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Thor-Parker

- Thor God of Thunder

- Moon Knight by Ellis

- Avengers and New Avengers (Hickman)

- Superior Iron Man

- Incredible Hulk (Greg Pak)

- New 52 Flash

- Magneto

- Uncanny Avengers

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grim187 said:

I'm looking for a newer run to read into. I've read Worlds end, Futures End (all so far), and all the multiversity runs. I do tend to lean towards DC over Marvel but do enjoy both. I just finished up a few Deadpool Arch's (Deadpool vs Carnage, Deadpool kills marvel, Deadpool kills Deadpool, and Deadpool killustrated). I've been on a reading rampage lately lol. Just name a few and I'll tell you if I've read em. I really will/do appreciate it guys.

The best comic I have read lately? Red Lanterns after issue 20.

Comics I'd recommend based on your like of comics?

Kick-Ass. Spider-Gwen. Constantine. Injustice Year One to 3. Sex Criminals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animal Man - Jeff Lemire

Magneto - Cullen Bunn

Also, try checking out some indie comics.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ParaChomp

'Kay, what are you in to? If you want something with character development, stay away from anything from Marvel or DC.

Comic Book Roundup, have you heard of them? It's a site that averages out the reviews of various sources. I would try to do some digging there.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@grim187: Are you at all interested in indie comics?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are so many comics out there but what comes to mind is Invincible you`ll enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Starman by James Robinson.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Everything Valiant is pumping out right now.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grayson

Nightwing

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Two of my favorite books being produced right now are Lazarus and Velvet. Both are published by Image with all-star creative teams. Lazarus takes place in a dystopian future where several families rule the world and follows the Lazarus of one of the families, Forever Carlysle. We are still learning more about her, but basically a Lazarus is the family's bodyguard and head of military. They are enhanced humans. Forever thinks that she is really a part of the family, but events are unfolding that leads her to believe otherwise. It is written by Greg Rucka and drawn by Michael Lark. Velvet is a spy thriller that written by Ed Brubaker and drawn by Steve Epting that is also fantastic. It follows Velvet Templeton, the head secretary of a spy organization. After she is forced to go on the run, it is discovered that she used to be one of their best agents and is trying to solve a murder investigation to clear her name. These are the two books that I usually look forward to the most each month.

From Marvel, Black Widow has been fantastic. It has been a very exciting book written by Nathan Edmonson and wonderful art by Phil Noto. There have been a lot of twists and turns in a thoroughly entertaining book. Thor: God of Thunder was another wonderful Marvel book. The first 12 issues are a must read and the rest of the series was very enjoyable as well. I have also been enjoying the Time Runs Out storyline in Avengers and New Avengers. I enjoy Hickman's writing, but it is a pretty large commitment to go back and read through both series as a lot happens that is important to what is going on now.

From DC, Brian Azzarello's Wonder Woman was a great read. I believe it was issues 1-34. Excellent story about Diana and incorporates a lot of the Greek pantheon. Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow as also a fantastic read which went from issues 17-35, I believe. I would not read any of the stuff before that though as it was not good, and I dropped the book with their final chapter, so I don't know how the new creative team has done. Swamp Thing has been very enjoyable since the beginning. The first half was written by Scott Snyder and was good as it wrapped up with the Rotworld event along with Animal Man. Charles Soule took over from there, and I believe made the book even better.

TMNT from IDW has been a very good read as well. I would definitely recommend it from the first issue on up if you are a fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Even if you are not, it is still a great story, especially the City Fall arc.

Valiant has been producing great books for the past three years. It is it's own shared universe like Marvel and DC, but with less than a dozen books and not have years of continuity to get hung up on. My favorite books from the start have been X-O Manowar and Harbinger. X-O Manowar is still ongoing and is written by Robert Vendetti. The lead character is a Visgoth from the 5th century that is taken aboard an alien ship where he obtains a sentient armor. Due to how the alien ship was travelling, by the time he gets back to earth, it is now modern day even though it does not seem like that much time has passed for him. In one character, you get the personality of Thor, the armor of Iron Man, and the man out of time angle of Captain America. It is a great tale of him against the aliens that took him and then his presence on earth which is the backbone for a couple other books, mainly Unity. Harbinger is sort of like the X-Men meets the Runaways. These are teenagers who are psionically active. Basically, they have different abilities like telekinesis, strength, telepathy, etc. They main group of teens are on the run from the Harbinger Foundation, which is led by the main antagonist of the Valiant U, Toyo Harada, who is the world's most powerful psiot and is using his foundation to subversively change the world to how he sees fit. The protagonists are on the run and then decide to strike back. It is a great read that ended after 25 issues. These two books are the main gateways into the Valiant Universe with Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong not far behind. They are also producing a lot of great books that have just started like Imperium (focuses on Toyo Harada) and Ninjak.

Those are my favorites of the past couple years. There are others that I truly enjoy, but didn't detail like Fantastic Four because it is pretty much geared for FF fans, and uses a lot of the history of the book that might not be as enjoyable if you do not know or care about that. I also really enjoyed Uncanny Avengers from issues 6 through 22 that focused on the Apocalypse Twins and Kang. The first and last arcs were weak through.

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Grim187

@sinntek1: Just got done reading on all of injustices run so far. Kinda punched my wallet tho lol.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get into some Valiant comics; right now I collect Ninjak and Divinity but I hear they're all awesome. Besides that, I recommend:

• Grayson
  • Action Comics by Greg Pak
  • Superman by Geoff Johns (He'll be leaving the series though)
  • Justice League
  • Invincible by Robert Kirkman
  • Uncanny X-Men
lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

• Batman by Scott Snyder + Greg Capullo, issues 1-present
  • Flash by Brian Buccelatto + Francis Manapul, issues 1-25
  • Superman by Geoff Johns + John Romita Jr., issues 32-39