#1 Posted by i_like_swords (17580 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured the Sith and Jedi are pretty similar to the Lantern Corps because of the emotional spectrum thing.

So, I was wondering, what Ring of Power would you give to what Jedi/Sith?

Also, what lanterns do you think would be the most powerful force users?

I'd give Luke Skywalker a Blue ring, and Vader a Red.

Hal Jordan would make a pretty good Jedi methinks.

#2 Edited by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

Mace Windu as a (mothaf***in') Green Lantern (b****).

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Just use their light saber colors.

#4 Edited by i_like_swords (17580 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Mace Windu as a (mothaf***in') Green Lantern (b****).

Samuel L. Jackson should be a Lantern.

#5 Posted by Perethorn (3795 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Mace will be alone in the uinverse.

#6 Edited by i_like_swords (17580 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

I don't think Mace is compassionate. He was one of the Jedi teetering the closest to the edge of the dark side in terms of fighting style, and he just doesn't seem the compassionate type. I'd give him a Green Ring.

#7 Posted by Bierschneeman (4217 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS!!!.... its perfect, and a perfect debate ender. that means most Sith would be Red Lanterns (no brainer) there are no Black Light Sabers but there are also none with that ....disposition in Star Wars, Most Jedi's would have either Green (another No Brainer) or Blue.... Blue isn't that bad of a choice considering it (with Green) counters red, and has healing powers. and Mace Windu and bunch of other random Jedi that don't get a lot of press would be either Indigo or Violet, (Love and Compassion) again, not a bad choice (except for that stupid rule that Luke Skywalker eventually does away with about not being able to Love as a Jedi)

Theres also a few Yellows out there weilded by characters Ive never heard of though I bet they don't match up as well to their Fear Based Counterparts.

#8 Edited by i_like_swords (17580 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman: It's not as simple as you think.

Sure, the bulk of guys will use Green or Blue, but Mace Windu was not compassionate. He teetered the edge of the Dark Side more than any other Jedi.

Also, there have been Jedi and Sith who use a yellow saber, so that doesn't make sense.

It'd make sense for Anakin pre-mustafar incident to have a Yellow Ring. He'd be unstoppable.

As Vader I'd give him Red.

Sidious should have an Orange because of his infatuation with his personal power.

As for Green and Blue, I'd actually rather see Luke with a Blue Ring, and Obi-Wan with a Green Ring, opposed to their lightsaber colours.

#9 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a bad idea. Not from a character perspective, it makes sense and is a cool idea, but think about it: Red Lantern rings replace the user's heart, make them vomit up all their blood, and replace it with fiery plasma, with their main attack being to vomit it out. Vader constantly has to wear a helmet. If he didn't drown in his own blood within the helmet, his plasma would burn through the respirator and he'd suffocate.

#10 Posted by Bierschneeman (4217 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman:

As for Green and Blue, I'd actually rather see Luke with a Blue Ring, and Obi-Wan with a Green Ring, opposed to their lightsaber colours.

Luke Does have a Blue lightsaber.... at first. I never really liked him with the green lightsaber anyway (for that matter I thought the blue color before remastering was more pleasing to the eye)

#11 Posted by Dayvid3 (857 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Meh, he'd deserve it. i always thought it was creepy that Jackson demanded his own color lightsaber for appearing in the movie. Lucas seemed to just use those colors, and on some actor's whim he changes how his universe works? Way to cave

#12 Posted by i_like_swords (17580 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@i_like_swords said:

That's a bad idea. Not from a character perspective, it makes sense and is a cool idea, but think about it: Red Lantern rings replace the user's heart, make them vomit up all their blood, and replace it with fiery plasma, with their main attack being to vomit it out. Vader constantly has to wear a helmet. If he didn't drown in his own blood within the helmet, his plasma would burn through the respirator and he'd suffocate.

I'm pretty sure Lantern Rings heal and have a protective Aura.

#13 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Lantern Rings heal and have a protective Aura.

I thought only the Blue Lantern Rings heal, and the protective aura only applies to outside attacks, not the intended transformation.