• 55 results
Posted by madtitan2112 (48 posts) 5 months, 29 days ago

Poll: What other "nerdy" things are you into besides comic books? (56 votes)

Table top role playing games 11%
Video Games 59%
sci-fi / horror / fantasy novels 13%
movie buff 18%
#1 Posted by madtitan2112 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

My son hit my keyboard before i was done so i guess this is it. write any others you can think of please.

#2 Posted by Gordyman (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Video Games and movies for me.

#3 Posted by ImmortalOne (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

TV shows and sci-fi/fantasy novels.

#5 Posted by Squalleon (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not very into in any of these things.

Of course in every of that categories I have some franchises that I follow religiously, like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (Didn't like the new book to be honest...), just bought Dune. I play many board games with friends mainly Stratego, chess, Risk, Trivial and Pandemic. As for Tv, I mostly follow comedies.

#6 Posted by Renchamp (2632 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a Saved by the Bell blog where I pick apart all the production gaffs, as well as highlight guest stars.

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (43808 posts) - - Show Bio

Manga.

#8 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6252 posts) - - Show Bio

Videogames all day..even now as we speak

#9 Edited by Stormdriven (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

The second and fourth one mainly

#10 Posted by scorpion2501 (6154 posts) - - Show Bio

Videogames,manga,anime,movies,tv-series,role-playing, collecting figures,novels,cardgames(MTG,Yu-Gi-Oh) and Chess.

I AM THE UBER GEEK/NERD. BOW TO ME!

#11 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4702 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantasy/Sci-fi novels/tv/movies, manga, anime.

#12 Posted by BasketCasey23 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely novels. I regularly check the "Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi," sub-genre on Amazon for new books, and I was raised on Harry Potter, LOTR, and whatever other fantasy story I could get my hands on.

I like movies and tv, but I can't talk about Breaking Bad for hours the same way I can Harry Potter.

#13 Posted by dagmar_merrill (9557 posts) - - Show Bio

Books and movies.

#14 Posted by Jphu8414 (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

lol what if I said all of the above+Manga/Anime, I'm a freaking nerd :p

#15 Posted by Akindoodle (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

Books, Video games, Movies (Pre-Code Hollywood FTW!) and very, very specific sorts of Anime. Also, history and anthropology though I don't know if those count as "nerdy" stuff. Someone told me they did. Are they?

And you forgot CARTOONS... sheesh....

#16 Edited by longbowhunter (7327 posts) - - Show Bio

Obscure movies and music. Granted these have taken a back seat to comics over the years but I still love running across something weird.

#17 Posted by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantasy/Sci-fi novels even though there hasn't been any interesting ones as of late (they almost all the same plot etc). But I'm a bit of a music buff too.

#18 Posted by TheCannon (19010 posts) - - Show Bio

Video games.

#19 Posted by ccraft (5406 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I'm a nerd for movies and games, or even comics. I think of them as my hobbies... If anything I would consider myself a hobbyist.

#21 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Video Games
  • Anime
  • Novels
  • Used to be big into Magic the Gathering
#22 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11557 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by comicace3 (6068 posts) - - Show Bio

Its always video games and movies for me.

#24 Posted by Spideysense44 (3520 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies!

#25 Posted by Wolverine08 (43808 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Perethorn (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

Videogames

#28 Edited by Ryagan (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

Video games. I have an addiction to Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Tales, Persona, and Super Smash Bros. I also enjoy the Pokemon games every now and then.

#29 Posted by Kazuma_Bushi (877 posts) - - Show Bio

Girls

#30 Posted by judasnixon (6683 posts) - - Show Bio

I watch a lot of foreign art house films, and collect books on contemporary artists...... I'm a pretentious nerd.

#31 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

Fantasy/Sci-fi novels even though there hasn't been any interesting ones as of late (they almost all the same plot etc). But I'm a bit of a music buff too.

Yeah same. I prefer movie than music though. There's great fantasy novels that although similar plot have great character.

#32 Edited by Xwraith (19438 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really play a lot of video games, because I don't really have the money and I'm not very good at them.

I've been watching a lot more anime recently - I actually didn't really have that much interest until about 5-6 years ago.

I'm not sure if I'm truly a movie buff, but I have seen a lot (the oldest one in my own collection is over 75 years old).

Sci-fi and fantasy novels... I haven't read that many outside of the Harry Potter and Star Wars universes, but I guess you could still say I like them.

#33 Posted by Manchine (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see.... Transformers, just starter collecting them. I play Warhammer and Warmachine!

#34 Posted by Jeepeh (3998 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. All of those but the first one,
  2. customizing.
  3. Collecting.
  4. being Batman.
#35 Edited by MrTummyTumms (783 posts) - - Show Bio

All except for board games.

#36 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Video games, movies, and manga.

#37 Edited by SpitfirePanda (891 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to get into the Warhammer 40k table top, but I don't have the money to build an army at the moment.

I play a lot of video games, mostly minecraft, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, and Pokemon at the moment.

I also watch a lot of cartoon and anime shows, as well as sci-fi/fantasy novels, which according to memebase means I like nerdy stuff. And that's fine with me :P

#38 Posted by Transformers1024 (2395 posts) - - Show Bio

Table Top Games - NO!! I've found people to take it very seriously and very time consuming. Plus the fact that I've never been able to get into it.

Video Games - Yea. I'm a casual gamer and to be honest I kind of suck at them. I only play them when I'm sick (which is rare) or when I'm extremely bored.

Sci-fi, horror and fantasy novels - I don't find horror to be nerdy in my honest opinion, but yes I do enjoy it. Sci-fi is usually a hit or a miss for me. When it comes down to novels, I'll read almost anything.

Movies - Yup...I can thanks Netflix for that...

#39 Posted by DarthAznable (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

Video Games (Mainly RPGs and JRPGs), all movies, and certain books.

#40 Posted by TrueKing95 (764 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime/manga and some videogames.

#41 Posted by Jonez120 (4755 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by The_Tree (7744 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie buff.

I used to be really into gaming, but nowadays, I just don't care. The last game I played was in January.

#43 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

@eldest808: Surely one ban was enough? Warning for language and inappropriate comments.

#44 Edited by Young_Murloc (694 posts) - - Show Bio

Video games and table top games for sure

and a far amount of books,movies,and TV.

#45 Posted by TDK_1997 (14991 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.Nothing.I am not even into comics that much anymore.

#46 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to say Wrasling but from your options I voted video games. I'm starting to be a bigger sci-fi fan tHougH.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#47 Edited by MonsterStomp (19378 posts) - - Show Bio

Video games own.

#48 Edited by Chibi_cute (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

Politics.

Manga.

Digital Art.

#49 Posted by FearTheLiving (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

Video Games and Movies. Also recently started Tabletop RPGs which I always thought was too nerdy for me, but after watching a few videos on youtube I had to give it a shot. I'm glad I did cause it's pretty fun it's like a video game with a lot more story and freedom.

#50 Edited by 14NC3 (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a massive movie buff. I also watch a lot of TV and i'm into video games.