What One Piece Arc is good for a Hollywood makeover?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, I know most anime purists are against Hollywood touching their sacred Japanese comics, but let's get past that for a brief discussion.

Which arc of One Piece do you think would be perfect to see in a high-budget Hollywood production? Which would you not mind seeing high-end special effects and CGI?

Bonus points if you can cast.

For me, I would most like to see Skypeia, and Water 7 done in Hollywood. I think the Skypeia arc would be the best OP arc for an American movie because all the fantasy elements allow for a huge array of SFX techniques.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree with Skypeia, not only because it features my favorite villain of the series, but it also work quite well as a stand along arc. Also it setting is somewhat familiar to an American audience, and it's the least zany of the OP sagas. The problem is that the arc is quite long, but the studio could cut out a lot, since, lets be honest here, half the stuff that happen was kinda useless.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

None of them.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Twentyfive

@thatguywithheadphones: Lol. Too true. The writers would get the gist of it though. A war between two sides, a man who claims to be god, people forced out of their land, and are fighting to reclaim it. And Eneru was awesome. I like the Asian design he had. It reminded me of Broly's design and Cloud Man from MM7. I was like "it must be an Asian thing."

I wonder how they'd work with the Noland the Liar plot point. I think they should keep it, because of that emotional scene when Robin told Wyper that Luffy's only ringing the bell to put Noland soul to rest.

The CP9 were my favorite villains in the series. They're a black ops squad of people who do the wrong things for their perception of good. But above all else, they have the best look for villains in the whole cartoon imo.