What of dc got an anime universe

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Marvel have an anime universe why can't dc have an anime universe. I am not a weeaboo or anything but that would be interesting to see a anime universe.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

DC already has one-ish.

Also, you're a weaboo

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DBVSE7

They would be way more destructive..

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Marvel mangaverse sucked

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean an animated one, I assume? Not a manga.

Anyway, sure why not?

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't ruin anime with multivrse crap

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Iron Man anime was just "meh". The story was convoluted and made little coherent sense. Plus, I got the feeling it was made purposely to appeal to a Japanese audience being centered entirely in Japan. There's nothing wrong with setting a story entirely in Japan, but there was nothing in the story that required it to be in Japan. It could have been Greece or Argentina or South Africa. So, in this case it felt like "hey we're making an anime, let's set it in Japan that way Japanese people will watch it." There were many more problems with it than that, however I didn't entirely hate so it gets a pass. Plus the IM suits looked better than they ever have in any animated medium before or since.

I actually liked the Wolverine anime. It was set in Madripoor, I believe so that's a place familiar in Wolverine lore. It was a simple story of him trying to get from one place to another, and there were lots of battles in between those two points. Although it can be considered faint praise, it is better than either of the two Wolverine movies by miles. The action is good, story makes a reasonable amount of sense, and has a satisfying ending, so kudos on this one.

I never made it through the X-Men anime. I watched about half and lost interest. The art style was unique and detailed, but I remember not being able to follow the story and the characters were pretty bland, so I stopped to watch something else and never returned. Perhaps one day.

As for the idea of a DC anime series, I'd be down with that. If you've seen Batman Gotham Knight, there were a couple of good stories in that anthology which could be expanded on. I'd like to see something similar to the original Justice League series but with a smaller cast. Say, do two episode story arcs each focusing on a single hero and/or villain. I mean a 13 episode arc following a single hero or the "trinity" would be cool, too but I'd like to see more on an emphasis on the other heroes of the DC universe.

My one exception would be a John Constantine anime series. That would be awesome.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Because DC animation is already too damn good for Anime.

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stormmagician

If DC got an animeverse Powergirl's breast would still be the same size.

Seriously though they have something similar called Ame-Comi which is based of the anime versions of DC collectibles.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think like Marvel some characters would work fine with anime while others wouldn't for instance Iron Man was essentially your standard anime mech show while Wolverine was the second worst anime I've ever seen.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Like all American to anime production it'd be mediocre at best.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dunno

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

They have a manga.

No Caption Provided

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Meh

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would buy every.single.copy and just poop in the middle and put it back on the shelves