What needs to happen in Arrow?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sockman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sockman19

What are some things that you think need to happen that would make Arrow a better show?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Sarah getting shot in the face by Slade. Nyssa coming after Slade for revenge. Huntress shows back up completely oblivious to all the sh!t that's going down and catches a stray arrow to her brain stem. The return of Flash.

MrMiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thea finds out that she is Merlyn's daughter. Feels betrayed by her family. Runs away with him and begins training with him.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Return of Barry is number 1 and if Ollie goes to Nanda Parbat and faces Ra's al Ghul. Also see Merlyn again

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By SupBatz

- Officer Lance needs to find out that Oliver is the vigilante. I get that a lot of people know and that it might feel like too many people have figured it out if they bring Lance into the fold. But Quinton spends a fair amount of time with both Oliver and the Arrow, his daughter is very familiar with both of them, and Sara gets lost at sea and comes back a badass vigilante. I think he should have deduced that the same is true of Oliver by this point

- Start calling the characters Green Arrow and Black Canary. I half understand why they haven't done so already. The producers have said that Oliver Queen isn't Green Arrow yet and that they want him to become him by the end of the show. But quite frankly, "the Arrow" and "the Canary" just sound kind of silly. And fans of the show really just refer to them as Green Arrow and Black Canary when they discuss the show, anyway. Perhaps when Laurel becomes Black Canary they'll start calling Oliver Green Arrow as well. But I hope it happens soon.

- Work a bit harder on costuming, especially for the villains. Oliver and Sara look pretty good in-costume. Slade's recently revealed Deathstroke costume is also impressive. Bronze Tiger isn't too shabby. Everything else? Eh. Huntress' costume was kind of weak. Deadshot is okay at best. Brother Blood looked like the Scarecrow from the Nolan movies. Solomon Grundy was very bland, design-wise. And Shrapnel and Drakon were pretty unmemorable because of their bland appearances. The show is moving towards a more "comic book-y" world. That means that we should start to see more supervillains, complete with recognizable costumes.

- Take things one step at a time. Arrow has a lot going on. That's one of the things I love about the show's second season. So many different plotlines are happening all at once. For the most part, it all mixes pretty well. But there are those few times when things just feel weird. Prime example: Roy. He joins Team Arrow at the end of one episode. Then he plays no role in the following two episodes, save a glorified cameo. It just feels jarring. Perhaps give just a bit more breathing room between major plot points like this. That, or find a way to integrate things more seamlessly. I mean, one episode Moira Queen is hated by everybody in the city to the point where nobody attends a party to celebrate her NOT getting the death penalty. A few episodes later she is running for mayor without any shown public outcry or contempt. Isabel Rochev is appearing in every episode one minute. The next, we haven't seen her in months.

- Fewer island scenes. I know that there are a lot of people who enjoy the island flashbacks. Truth be told, I hated them in season one. This season's flashbacks have been better. But I still don't feel like we need them every single episode. "Heir to the Demon" was a nice deviation from the island, showing us the Lance family through flashback. I hope that the trend continues. I have no problem seeing the island on occasion. But give us a break from it as well. Especially when it really doesn't relate to what's going on in the present.

- Stop killing your villains. Merlyn, Vertigo, Dollmaker, Grundy. Okay, fine. Merlyn's still alive and Grundy will likely be back as a zombie. But Vertigo and Dollmaker were two pretty memorable villains. Killing them off (both in relatively lackluster ways) has closed off potential for future stories for either of them. The Dollmaker could have made for a great recurring adversary for Officer Lance. I understand killing off characters when it benefits the story. But there's no need to kill villains just to cap off the episode featuring them. Especially if there's still room for future stories featuring said villain.

- Turn down the loving, Romeo. Alright-y, let's get out "It's the CW!" comments out of the way. "CW = cheesy teen romance! Blaargh!" Okay, good. Now, I understand that any novel, TV show, movie, or comic book could use a bit of romance to move the plot along and make our characters more relatable. But Arrow takes it a little bit too far. I challenge anybody to find one attractive female character that Oliver has not had a romantic subplot with. The list is short: Thea and Nyssa. One he's related to, and the other is (presumably) a lesbian. I don't need to see Oliver with every single girl on the show. Also, Felicity is my favorite character. But her feelings for Oliver really make her 90% less likable whenever they're referenced in the show.

- THEA! This one is more of a personal nitpick. I just think that Thea needs a more prominent role. She's one of the best characters, in my opinion, and there are a lot of different directions that they can take the character. I, personally, would like to see her kidnapped and trained by Malcolm Merlyn when all of their Deathstroke and Brother Blood stuff is done and over with. Make the next big arc of the show Oliver and Roy trying to find Thea while Diggle, Sara, and Felicity stay in Starling City as its protectors.

I think that covers everything on my personal list. All in all though, Arrow has really impressed me this season. Here's hoping it only continues to improve.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide squid vs League of Assassins

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Update his suit a bit to match the comics some more.

Call him Green Arrow instead of Arrow

Put him in the DC Cinematic Universe

I can't really think of any complaints in the show, I find it to be really good. And I think Stephen Amill plays a perfect Oliver Queen.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lighten up the mood a bit. I like the funny Oliver Queen, like the comics.

As much as I want Sara or Laurel to die, it probably wont happen. We just had Sara come back when everyone thought she was dead. Laurel's death wont happen because Tommy died last season. It just wouldn't make sense to have her die, too.

That leads me to better character development with Laurel. She gets on my nerves.

Green Arrow and Black Canary. That is their names.

Do something about Huntress. I'd like to see her come back, even though I didn't like her in Season 1. Character development is needed for her.

Something needs to be done about Thea. I feel like there is a lot of potential for her to become something greater.

What happened to that Isabel woman? I don't think I have seen her in forever. She was pretty important in a couple of episodes and all of a sudden, she is gone.

More Roy.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

Sarah getting shot in the face by Slade. Nyssa coming after Slade for revenge. Huntress shows back up completely oblivious to all the sh!t that's going down and catches a stray arrow to her brain stem. The return of Flash.

Harsh! Though I do hope she goes down, It feels icky her being Canary, it's just wrong.

Update his suit a bit to match the comics some more.

Call him Green Arrow instead of Arrow

Put him in the DC Cinematic Universe

I can't really think of any complaints in the show, I find it to be really good. And I think Stephen Amill plays a perfect Oliver Queen.

These, except 2, I think that can wait a while. Also, tone down the martial arts prowess, I want him to showcase his aim a bit more, he seems to be the h2h don of the arrowverse, we need to see Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva [fingers crossed], Slade Wilson etc hand him his ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who doesn't want Sara to die?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@xwraith: I don't. She's one of my favorite characters

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@xwraith said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want Sara to die?

Me neither. She's just below Thea and Felicity for my favorite character. Here's hoping she sticks around for a while.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less melodrama.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Slade kicks the crap out of Team Arrow and ends up being defeated only to later in another season vs the League Of Assasins and Ra's himself

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By deathstroke19

For the love of God.... All the new users make a bunch if Arrow threads when there is already two up and running. There is one that is for this exact topic: Season 2 Part 2 Hopes and Thoughts. Read the rules. Don't make dupes. Google threads to make sure they haven't been done. If you want me to post links to both of the threads I'll do it.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Screw it I don't want the extra notifications lol. @sc: @god_spawn: @the_poet: Duplicate thread.

Already Created Arrow Discussion Threads:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/arrow-season-2-part-2-thoughts-1528804/?page=7

Dead Thread but a thread nonetheless:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/arrow-season-2-discussion-part-2-1530866/

This one is a bit glitchy but it's still an Arrow thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/arrow-season-2-discussion-1503253/

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#18 The Poet  Moderator

Screw it I don't want the extra notifications lol. @sc: @god_spawn: @the_poet: Duplicate thread.

Already Created Arrow Discussion Threads:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/arrow-season-2-part-2-thoughts-1528804/?page=7

Dead Thread but a thread nonetheless:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/arrow-season-2-discussion-part-2-1530866/

This one is a bit glitchy but it's still an Arrow thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/arrow-season-2-discussion-1503253/

huzzah!