What mammoth comic book run do you plan on going back to read?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

For me, it's more than one run. It's basically the entire universe Alan Moore created with his America's Best Comics line of books. So far I've read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen volume 1 and 2 and the first two trades of Tom Strong. I've also read the first trade of Top 10. Just good old-fashioned storytelling here, and I like that it's pretty self-contained.

My main challenge here is I would prefer to collect these works digitally, rather than in trade paperback. A rep at Comixology told me they're limited by the publisher in what they can release and the digital offerings for these books remain somewhat fragmented. Still, I'm a patient fellow, so I'll resume my reading at the local library until they come available. Still, it's tough to hold out hope when you have someone like Alan Moore involved.

What books are you planning on going back to read/collect?

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impossibilly

I bought the first two compendiums of The Walking Dead because I'd like to go back and read everything in that series again once I finish the Starman omnibuses.

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Promethea. Is. Awesome.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

Heh, I was reading Top 10 myself and got a friend to read Promethea.
I've got a 2 1/3 A4 long list of series and minis to read but to name some of them: Milligan's work (mostly got just some minis and Shade left), Moebius' and Matt Wagner's catalog.
BB

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By stumpy49er
No Caption Provided
snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By snarkybits

Marvel run of G.I. Joe.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By the_tree

I've been working my way through the Wally West run of The Flash since November. I'm on issue #64 of 247. Good stuff, but it's sometimes hard to push through, especially when I don't have much time to read because of school. I'll probably finish it up when summer comes rolling in. Then I'm gonna try and get through Tim Drake's Robin series, and finish up Dick's Nightwing series.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Cap10nate

Right now, I am reading the entire Busiek run on Avengers. I had only read Ulron Unlimited and Kang Dynasty.

I also want to go back and read Miller's run on Daredevil as well as the rest of Bendis' run.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

I'm procrastinating on rereading both Invincible and Walking Dead....I think that I've reread them both to many times and it may be time for me to wait a few years before going back to them

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

I'm trying to collect the entirety of Chris Claremont's original run on X-Men. Finding the stuff after Days of Future Past but before Mutant Massacre is proving to be difficult.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blood1991

@Moonchilde said:

I'm trying to collect the entirety of Chris Claremont's original run on X-Men. Finding the stuff after Days of Future Past but before Mutant Massacre is proving to be difficult.

Go on ebay and look up classic X-Men. You might find some lots for a decent price.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blood1991

Hellblazer

I keep meaning to start the series, but I always get side tracked financially. Oh and Nextwave.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

Oh, forgot Ostrander's stuff too.

@Blood1991 said:

Hellblazer

I keep meaning to start the series, but I always get side tracked financially. Oh and Nextwave.

Good man
BB

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blood1991

@Billy Batson: I've seen tons of scans and panels and it just looks incredible.

I mean a man was literally eaten by the chest of a pig woman in bondage.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Billy Batson

@Blood1991:

If you're talking about Hellblazer, a scan of that? That description doesn't ring a bell for me <_<
BB

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By judasnixon  Online

The Deadenders, Red Rocket 7, and Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman.....

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Veshark

I've read the entirety of Grant Morrison's JLA Deluxe Editions from Vol. 1 to Vol. 4. So that's JLA #1-41, the JLA Earth 2 graphic novel, the JLA/Wildcats crossover, JLA Classified, and some other tie-ins that I can't remember. Overall, this is probably the longest mammoth run I've ever covered.

At the present, I'm trying to collect Ed Brubaker's entire tenure on Captain America and all related books. I've already got the Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection, the Red Menace Ultimate Collection, Death of Cap Vol. 2, Reborn, and the Marvels Project. In due time, I'm hoping to buy Death of Cap Vol. 1 and 3, and seven other volumes that finish Captain America vol. 5. After which I still have to pick up the two Cap and Bucky books, three volumes of Winter Soldier, and four volumes of Captain America vol. 6. I'm also contemplating Secret Avengers, since it has a number of cool characters (MK, Cap, Nova) but I've heard bad reviews. Then there's also the Super-Soldier TPB. So overall, so many comics and so little bread!

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By 2chimcha3

I'm reading Walter Simonson's Thor Omnibus. Its taking me forever, though, because there's so much text! I'm halfway through.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By reignmaker

@Cap10nate said:

Right now, I am reading the entire Busiek run on Avengers. I had only read Ulron Unlimited and Kang Dynasty.

I also want to go back and read Miller's run on Daredevil as well as the rest of Bendis' run.

Hey I'm currently reading Busiek's run right now too! And I literally just finished Miller's DD run. Felt a little dated, but some good stuff nonetheless.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Cap10nate

@Reignmaker said:

Hey I'm currently reading Busiek's run right now too! And I literally just finished Miller's DD run. Felt a little dated, but some good stuff nonetheless.

Busiek has become my favorite writer. Avengers Forever, Morgan Conquest, Ultron Unlimited, and Kang Dynasty are all among my favorite Avengers stories. I really enjoy the interactions he makes between the members and the scope of the stories he brings.

@Veshark said:

I'm also contemplating Secret Avengers, since it has a number of cool characters (MK, Cap, Nova) but I've heard bad reviews.

I really liked his arcs for Secret Avengers. I thought it was a good story and definitely worth a read.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By SoA

punisher war journal 80s-90s

green arrow - mike grell era leading up to connor taking over ollie's spot

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheCowman

I read through the Cassandra Cain Batgirl series every so often.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Veshark

Hmm alright then, I might check it out. I'm also a big fan of Mike Deadato's art...so I'm really tempted to pick it up!

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Havenless

I realize it's not a big hit on this site, but I've always had a soft spot for the Onslaught event. It was the last awesome full Marvel crossover event before the X-Men went emo. And at the time Marvel had some many different titles, I can't even imagine how many Onslaught: Impact comics there were. X-Factor, X-Force, Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, Excalibur, Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, Hulk, on and on and on, everyone was involed and had at least 2 Impact books directly related to the event and a few prequel books indirectly related.

A year before anything went down, 'Onslaught is coming, No one is safe' was spray painted all over New York. That was just biblical.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By JakeN7

Morrison on Batman

Johns on Green Lantern

I already have all of Morrison's run, so I can go back to that one whenever I want.