What makes Superman a "bland" character?

• 55 results
Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jack Donaghy

I don't think Superman is bland but I think the people who do just don't think he has a very exciting personality. Most popular characters either have a darker, brooding badass persona (Batman, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor) or are comical and lighthearted (Spider-Man, Iron Man) Superman's doesn't really fall into either category Captain America has the same problem. There are characters who are as strong as Superman like Goku who don't get hated for being too strong. I think that's because Goku has a lighthearted child like personality so people will forget about him being so strong whereas Superman's personality isn't as colorful allowing people to notice his strength even more.

LoudCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Best answer. And would you know it; it's from a DBZ fan! I gotta admit I'm impressed!

LoudCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: Nicely put. Probably the second best answer here.

But people seem to ignore my second question. What would you do to his character to make it more interesting?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new 52 supes is kinda overpowered at the moment. What is the point of being able to bench press the planet for 5 days.

LoudCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: I swear he's supposed to be weaker than post-crisis Superman?