• 160 results
#1 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I joined because of the Battle Forums. I read on forum about Captain America and Black Panther vs Moon Knight and Wolverine. After reading about 1/2 of it, I signed immediately, and jumped into that battle forum.

Anyone else wanna tell us why you joined?

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

because it's the best comic site I've ever seen lol

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"made me? no one makes me do anything! "

LMAO

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

made me? no one makes me do anything!

#5 Posted by G-Man (30696 posts) - - Show Bio

RedLAMP made me. He knew my vast comic knowledge could finally be put to some use.

Staff
#6 Posted by Mantid (4418 posts) - - Show Bio

I just found it in a google search. And then when it said that I had to craete amy own hero, well that single phrase just got me hooked. After that I guess I just joined because it was the only site I had ever visited that was about comicbooks.

Not many of my friends at school read comics, so it was cool to talk to other people who read comics.

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"RedLAMP made me. He knew my vast comic knowledge could finally be put to some use."

Wassup, G. Can you pin this thread? Please? LOL

#8 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

I was actually looking for some cool pics of Quasar..then heaven

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I forget how I found it but I stayed because I wanted to write a page for Mr. Majestic. I liked putting stuff in the encyclopedia. Then the contests rewarded me for it. I also liked the people who were here, but a lot of them have gone. Battles were fun too.

#10 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, i was looking up pics for Mercury when i came to this site. Then it said, Create Your Own Superhero, and i just couldnt leave

#11 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the idea of making a superhero to represent you and liked the idea a lot. Then when I read a couple of threads I began to like the Vine even more so I joined.

#12 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

i lost a bet

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

For those of y'all who noticed to the second thread of the same name, that was an accident. Didn't mean to post that one.

#14 Posted by The Iron Cavalier (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Stumbleupon, sonnnnnsss.

#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"For those of y'all who noticed to the second thread of the same name, that was an accident. Didn't mean to post that one."

lol ok

#16 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no reason why I joined this site.

#17 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"I have no reason why I joined this site."

Just joined because you're one of those compulsive joiners of every website that allows you to sign up?

#18 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

That sort of thing could get you in trouble.

#19 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Octy Freak said he found this site and it had image gallery's. When I came here I saw the create a hero thing. We both joined the same day cause he didn't know about it either:P

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Battles. I actually wanted to learn more about comics and I wanted to argue with Buck because it was both entertaining and enlightening.

#21 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Arrow says:

"Its like a drug, "Oh whats this thing called the vine, I will have a look for a couple of mins", 10 hours later "Hey what the hell, I need to sleep but I need to go on the vine, No sleep vine"!"

Ha ha. I actually agree with that one.

#22 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Its like a drug, "Oh whats this thing called the vine, I will have a look for a couple of mins", 10 hours later "Hey what the hell, I need to sleep but I need to go on the vine, No sleep vine"!

#23 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Arrow says:

"Its like a drug, "Oh whats this thing called the vine, I will have a look for a couple of mins", 10 hours later "Hey what the hell, I need to sleep but I need to go on the vine, No sleep vine"!"

Yup, I should be preparing for an exam right now, but what I'm I doing? Posting on the Vine. I was doing the exact same thing last time I had tests. The Vine helps me procrastinate.

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Final Arrow says:
"Its like a drug, "Oh whats this thing called the vine, Iwill have a look for a couple of mins", 10 hours later "Hey what thehell, I need to sleep but I need to go on the vine, No sleep vine"!"

Ha ha. I actually agree with that one."

And I thought MySpace was addictive. LOL.

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Buck, who are you telling!? I have a Chemistry Exam at 8 in the morning. LMAO.

#26 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Computing networking exam at 11 it's now 6:30 yay!

#27 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wandering through the internet, and found the Kyle Rayner page on here...

found it to be severely lacking in detail and what was there was half outdated and half wrong, so i signed up and started editing... haven't looked back since :D

made some good friends along the way as well

M

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Arrow says:

"Computing networking exam at 11 it's now 6:30 yay!"

Dude, where do you live? It's 1:50 AM over here in Georgia.

#29 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Scotland

#30 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I have school in about 4 hours.

#31 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"I have school in about 4 hours."

And where are you from?

#32 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
And where are you from? "

NYC. I actually gotta wake up in 4 hours.

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

London here, so i'm on the same time zone as Arrow

M

#34 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, I was bored one night. My friend hadn't been online and I was just desperately looking for something to do, so I decided to look for some Sue Storm pictures to make avatars. One Google search later I find the Vine and see Sue's page. Looked interesting enough, and decided to join up. Eventually I set up my account, created Mael's story....

... And the rest, as they say, is history.

So for those who don't see the correlation in this (at least as far as it concerns me) the Fantastic Four, more specifically, Sue Storm brought me into your wonderful lives. Now don't you just love her more now? :P

#35 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Florida. Gatorland. 2:00 AM. Cars flying over speed bumps invisible in the night.

#36 Posted by JMAN1975 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone @ work asked me about the Horsemen of Apocalypse, as I was explaining them to him I went online to show him the characters I was talking about. I was looking for a caliban pic & found this site. I wrote down the link & when I went home I checked it out further & was hooked.

#37 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom asked me to join. And then I did. But I didnt get active till a month or so back. Again her fault. And now I love this place!

#38 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Static Shock says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
And where are you from? "
NYC. I actually gotta wake up in 4 hours."

baby..GO TO BED! Unless you decide to stay home again and talk to me all day :-P

#39 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Florida. Gatorland. 2:00 AM. Cars flying over speed bumps invisible in the night. "

I was raised in Florida. Gunshine State, baby. Jacksonville. Duval County. Baymeadows area!

#40 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"For me, I was bored one night. My friend hadn't been online and I was just desperately looking for something to do, so I decided to look for some Sue Storm pictures to make avatars. One Google search later I find the Vine and see Sue's page. Looked interesting enough, and decided to join up. Eventually I set up my account, created Mael's story....... And the rest, as they say, is history.So for those who don't see the correlation in this (at least as far as it concerns me) the Fantastic Four, more specifically, Sue Storm brought me into your wonderful lives. Now don't you just love her more now? :P"

Yes. Yes, we do! :P

#41 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Yes. Yes, we do! :P"

You better. See what the Fantastic Four do? :P

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Maelstrom says:

"You better. See what the Fantastic Four do? :P"

Well, how do you feel about the FF movies, though?

#43 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Maelstrom says:
"You better. See what the Fantastic Four do? :P"

Well, how do you feel about the FF movies, though?"

They were good for an enjoyable time. I'm well aware that Hollywood won't stay close to the source, because of time restrictions and other things, so I take them for what they are. Movies done to just entertain people.

Post Edited:2007-12-07 02:28:36

#44 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea. That's how I felt about the Superman: Doomsday movie. I liked it, and it was worth my $15. But a lot of people complained that it wasn't close to the "Death of Superman" story arc. Tch, I didn't care. I had fun watching it. :P
Post Edited:2007-12-07 02:31:56

#45 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I felt like joining a more low-key, less structured forum than my usual haunts. Comicvine fit the bill.

#46 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Yea. That's how I felt about the Superman: Doomsday movie. I like it, and it was worth my $15. But a lot of people complained that it wasn't close to the "Death of Superman" story arc. Tch, I didn't care. I had fun watching it. :P"

I still haven't gotten that OR the Dr. Strange movie or Hellboy: Blood and Iron! LMAO. You know, I bought the Iron Man Animated movie and to this day I STILL haven't seen it.

I think when it comes to movie for the most part you need to just take them for what they are or intended to be anyway. Although there are some movies that you just can't help but dislike because they were just generally bad.

#47 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"hell yeah, i enjoyed the Death of Superman animated movie... it was a bit more adult than the usual DCUa stuff M"
I have to admit it was one of the better animated Superhero stuff. I don't even like Superman either.
#48 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Final Arrow says:
"Computing networking exam at 11 it's now 6:30 yay!"
Dude, where do you live? It's 1:50 AM over here in Georgia."

Dude what part, I so live in Georgia!

#49 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yeah, i enjoyed the Death of Superman animated movie...

it was a bit more adult than the usual DCUa stuff

M

#50 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

You should see it. It's good, if you aren't worried about it's differences from the comics. I haven't seen the Dr. Strange movie. Didn't have too much interest in it. I haven't seen those Hellboy movies either, except for the live-action, which was good. I saw Iron Man, it was aight, but i was expecting more from it. Both Ultimate Avengers movies were awesome. :P