Edited 10 months, 28 days ago

What " Level " of Characters Do You Like? (38 votes)

Below Street Level 13%
Street Level 53%
Mid-Level 47%
High-Level 42%
Cosmic/Skyfather Level 11%
( Nigh ) Omnipotent 8%

I personally prefer Street and Lower Mid level people. What about you?

#1 Posted by i_like_swords (7928 posts) - - Show Bio

Mainly street level, but I like reading high level teams. Right now I'm reading New Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, along with Deadpool, hawkeye, soon to be daredevil.. I think I like seeing the personal thoughts and stuff in a solo street level series, but also the team dynamic of high level teams.

#2 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

what does Superman count as?

#3 Edited by Oscuro (471 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably street to mid level. They can deal out punishment, but they're not invincible and cant do anything that make a conflict seem pointless

#4 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6214 posts) - - Show Bio

I put Mid and High because all my heroes range in between them. Street level/lower powered characters are more relatable, which is why I like them. However, there are high leveled characters that I love.

#5 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4123 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

What would a "below streel level" be? A guy in a wheel chair?

#7 Posted by i_like_swords (7928 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass: Probably someone who isn't skilled in martial arts or fighting of any knid, the comic might not revolve much around fighting.

#8 Posted by joewell (6240 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by judasnixon (5469 posts) - - Show Bio

I like substreet level heroes and villains......

#10 Posted by Immortal777 (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

All

#11 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Higher up, most comics are dominated by middle low

Back then marvel had a good high level scene

Silver Age can be done better with good writers

#12 Posted by Bruxae (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them, I judge a character by itself now its powerset, they can all be potrayed fairly relative to their powers.

#13 Edited by Veshark (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all different levels of characters, depends on my mood I guess. But mostly mid-level characters, peak humans like Captain America or mid-level superhumans.

#14 Edited by 14NC3 (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

What would be an example of a mid-level character?

I voted street level, more relateable and fun to read. After that my favourites would be high level, then cosmic level.

EDIT: after street level i'd vote mid-level then high level, then cosmic level. I think sky father level would be on a higher level then cosmic level though.

#15 Edited by DEADPOOL (2697 posts) - - Show Bio

I mostly like characters based on design, personality, and story. Powers is a secondary concern of mine, but I do tend to prefer characters that are between street and mid level in power, since not only are they more realistic (even in a pseudo-science medium), but that their fights are more interesting. You see Superman in a fight and you know he's going to win, there's not much tension. Not only that, but you generally have to make characters that are as or more powerful than Superman, to which point they often get defeated in anti-climatic ways and then get sweeped under the rug by writers because they are too powerful. With weaker characters, you can still see very impressive displays of power while still feeling like they are vulnerable and may not succeed, and their villains can have more creative abilities to make the fights more interesting than just a boxing match.

#16 Posted by XImpossibruX (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

Highlevel or Streetlevel.

#17 Posted by XImpossibruX (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: Mid-level would be like Spiderman, or the X-Men. Not at Superman's league, but too strong for humans.

#18 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (3924 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy both ends of the spectrum.

#19 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

The majority of my favorite characters are dispersed throughout street, mid and high level.

Come to think of it, I honestly don't care for anyone above the level of Superman or Hulk.

#20 Edited by 14NC3 (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

ah okay thanks. I was always confused at what spider-man would be.