what lanten can put down black adam

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By oceanmaster21

I have always in a one on one fight could a lantern put black Adam down or no or dose it depend on what lantern

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It has to be a powerful lantern

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By lightsout

To just put up a fight, it would have to be along the lines of Parralax-Sinestro, Butcher-Atrocitus (maybe normal Atrocitus), Larfleeze, or WL Kyle.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

A good amount of lanterns would be able to put down Teth if pre 52 feats are allowed. Some include John, Hal, Larfleeze, Atrocitus, Alan, Swamp Thing, Parallax Sinestro, Alan Scott, Black Hand.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Anyone with an Entity, Alan Scott, MAYBE Larfleeze. That's about it.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blackdog2009

Hal Jordan. You guys are really downplaying green lanterns.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FWIW, I'm basing my answer on the fact that Captain Marvel (& by extension Black Adam) is fairly even with Superman (when logic trumps plot) - add in that Adam doesn't hold back 1 iota -- and Superman has often been shown to "easily" handle a single GL.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lightsout: A large reason Lanterns beat Kryptonians also is do the fact that they can consctruct kryptonite

and After researching Black Adam extensively thanks to @joygirl ...I'd say the only one who has a chance to do it without an Entity is Larfleeze. (or Alan Scott starheart...but obvi)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: the "also" makes it seem like I said the opposite - but I said Superman>>>>GL. Was making Kryptonite ever shown after COIE? (aka, not weird silver age mumbo jumbo). I was under the impression anything they make has the properties of the energy itself (like, they couldn't make food from it). (Aside from the unsaid ability to create oxygen or any other gas someone would need to breathe).

I think non-entity Atrocitus needs to at least be given a chance too, given that before he even created the RLC, he was able to give GL Sinestro & Hal some trouble (though I doubt would have ever "won") - that is, the species that he is is fairly powerful. (/It was huge PIS by Johns, lol. If anything the GL should have been way faster...unless GL don't have high combat speed? IDK, lol). So once you factor in having a ring & being the best at wielding the red energy, he'd be pretty damn strong.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: Sorry. I must have mis-read your post. I keep jumping between the 6 tabs I have up :3

I'm not saying Superman can't ever beat Green Lantern. But I know at least Kyle has made Kryptonite with his ring and it was effective. Superman could beat them though if he was say morals off /bloodlusted and could speedblitz. But in character I think he'd lose (although this thread aint about that so...moving on)

The Atrocitus vs Black Adam discussion came up in another thread,(a big ass free for all) I originally thought Atrocitus would take him, but I've come around (thanks to @joygirl) as mentioned. I'm not saying it would be a murderstomp in Teth's favor. But I think he would take it (great/good fight though).

Larfleeze just has the best chance IMO, being the strongest non-entity, non-amped ring-slinger.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lightsout

@fallschirmjager: No worries.

Oh yea? No pressure but I'd love to know the issue, lol. (Although it really wouldn't sway me much b/c it still sounds like Silver Age mumbo jumbo, lol).

Yea, I think BA would win too (for my original reason, saying he's Superman level), just trying to pimp Atrocitus a little (reluctantly, because I know some people are BIG on him (& I'm not) - but they had some facts to back it up (like that scene I described) so I had to come to terms with it, haha).

If I may devil's advocate against Larfleeze (not necessarily regarding fighting BA, but just his power-standing) - he may have a lot of "back-up" in all his creations (so versus 1 other being, it'd be like many lanterns vs that one person), but he might not be that powerful himself (relative to other lanterns). And if we may borrow from DBZ, even if the total power of a group of people is more than that of their foe - if none of them has the power to deal a significant blow to the foe, they won't win (to exaggerate the point, If individually Adam could shrug of each individually, it wouldn't matter how many were attacking).

I only have some reservations about "crowning" Larfleeze as so much more a threat than other lanterns, because the way I think about it, being the only one who taps into the orange battery just says (to me) that he has "unlimited" energy**. That he'd last a long time in a fight. But it doesn't mean the energy itself is any more powerful by nature. (Unless, Lanterns are able to "concentrate" their blasts/creations to different degrees. That if they had a larger than normal reserve, they'd be able to do it more often. In that case, yes I could see that making one very powerful (pretty much making Larfleeze an entity host too, since they pretty much just give you unlimited energy).....man, I wish my lantern-energy topic had taken off, haha)

**and that's assuming he never has to recharge (which his solo-title says...but that seems more like a joke-book to me. By that, shouldn't Atrocitus be able to never need a recharge b/c of his anger? Drifts away from the science-tone of the book).

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: I am a huge Atrocitus/RLC fan, and he dies here. Bottom line is that he is neither fast nor durable enough to contend with Adam.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lightsout: I will try to hunt down the issue/scan, but I'm fairly sure I remember him doing it ;)

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I said I think BA would win....right at the beginning of the post ;)

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

No Caption Provided

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: It's all good puddinpop. Just givin' my reasons. I LOVE Atros and think it would be an awesome fight, but the bottom line is that he'll get hurt and Adam won't.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Thanks man! (Very fast!) Wow...that is hokey, lol

@joygirl I know, & I agreed with 'em :). My original list/post was of people who could just put up a fight - rather than get easily dispatched like most standard lanterns would. I really don't think any of the mentioned people could straight-up beat Adam.

(Random Atros sidetrack) Do you think the time he encountered Martian Manhunter in the pages of Stormwatch was indicative of MM being cautious & not wanting to go all out, or of Atros being a fairly heavy hitter? (or perhaps a little of both if we're indecisive, lol)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: Insignificant sadly. The Stormwatch encounter was retconned (even though I still think it should be counted, since it wasn't like they knew it would get retconned when they wrote it so Atros's power level should be accurate). Playing along though, this is N52 J'onn who never holds back so I'd say it is a case of Atrocitus being a BAMF.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By ComicStooge

Kyle can take him, Hal can take him, possibly John Stewart, definitely Sodam Yat.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Joygirl
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: J'onn is Martian Mahunter. John is Stewart.

White Lantern Kyle sure. Base Kyle No.

Entity Hal yes. Base hal No.

No.

derp.

which is basically what has been said in the thread, a few times now :p

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@joygirl said:

@comicstooge: 1. Lolno, 2. lolno, 3. LOLNO, 4. obviously.

Really? Regular Sodam wins but Kyle doesn't? What exactly has Sodam ever done to put him above Kyle?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread makes exactly zero sense.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Oh I thought he mean Ion Sodam. Normal Sodam might edge a majority due to his physicals. But it'd be a "just barely" kinda thing since, IIRC, Yat is a mediocre ringslinger.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Saren

@joygirl said:

@citizenbane: Oh I thought he mean Ion Sodam. Normal Sodam might edge a majority due to his physicals. But it'd be a "just barely" kinda thing since, IIRC, Yat is a mediocre ringslinger.

Ion Sodam's only feat is getting beaten like a dog by Prime for 22 pages. Normal Sodam has never done anything that Kyle hasn't.

For that matter, regular Kyle has better feats than Ion Sodam. Or Adam. When either one of them can one-shot planets and no-sell supernovas, I'll be dismissive of Kyle. Written properly, by which I don't mean Countdown, he'd hand Adam his backside on a silver platter.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Scott yes. Hal, Kyle, John, or Guy... no.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ComicStooge

@citizenbane said:

@joygirl said:

Ion Sadam's only feat is getting beaten like a dog by Prime for 22 pages. Normal Sadam has never done anything that Kyle hasn't.

For that matter, regular Kyle has better feats than Ion Sadam. Or Adam. When either one of them can one-shot planets and no-sell supernovas, I'll be dismissive of Kyle. Written properly, by which I don't mean Countdown, he'd hand Adam his backside on a silver platter.

For the record I did mean Ion Sodam. Sorry, should've made that clear.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Lantern Kal-L could beat him and Black Lantern Martian Manhunter would stomp him.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@joygirl said:

Ion Sadam's only feat is getting beaten like a dog by Prime for 22 pages. Normal Sadam has never done anything that Kyle hasn't.

For that matter, regular Kyle has better feats than Ion Sadam. Or Adam. When either one of them can one-shot planets and no-sell supernovas, I'll be dismissive of Kyle. Written properly, by which I don't mean Countdown, he'd hand Adam his backside on a silver platter.

QFT. People really downplay Lantern when they are put up against Herald level beings.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of them could, blow up the planet ftw

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: O_o..it was already? lol. In what title/issue? (I didn't read any Stormwatch after that issue).

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys like Atrocitus, Sinestro (preParallax), Hal, Kyle etc would give him hell, but yeah Im gonna go with the majority and say Black Adam; the guys just sooo OP. pre 52 anyways.

CIN.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White Lantern Swamp Thing.
White Lantern Swamp Thing.