#1 Posted by MonkeyStarship (331 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.budk.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=159465& Could it be this sword, does anyone know what sword it is

#2 Posted by sagejonathan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about swords, but I thought ninja were all about ninjato. Those look like machetes to me.

#3 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a machete or

#4 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

some kinda of curved sword, but most people call anything like that machetes when they really aren't. the sword here above is a kopis, I think, could be close to that

they coud be some type of falcata or other short curved swords, mainly inspired by southern europe work, like the ancient greeks or iberian tribes

also they dont seem to be curvy or long enough to be any type of scimitar, but I could be wrong, image is not tots clear

PS: after further thinking, it maight actually be a japanese short sword, tantõ, with slightly curved blades, which exist

#5 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33900 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it just a combat machete?

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: too long for that I believe

#8 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't tell much from the picture...  And the link you posted doesn't quite work... Can you give us a better link or a better image?

@KnightRise
I LIKE that 'whatever it is' that you posted....  It has a curved blade for slicing, so it can used in a swinging fashion.  Yet it's still fairly straight, so it can be used for stabbing, like a straight sword... 

#9 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: well, it was used by some of the best in history... so obviously it will be an efficient sword!

#10 Posted by MonkeyStarship (331 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by RDClip (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

The link calls it a tactical ninja sword, so it's a reimagining of a ninjato with modern military aesthetics. But, for that price it's probably a piece of junk made of stamped stainless (just like a butter knife) and painted black

#12 Posted by MonkeyStarship (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@RDClip: that`s what i was thinking too,but the sword in the show looks just like the sword in the link so i`m saying the produces were to cheap to buy a good sword

#13 Posted by danhimself (22624 posts) - - Show Bio

@RDClip said:

The link calls it a tactical ninja sword, so it's a reimagining of a ninjato with modern military aesthetics. But, for that price it's probably a piece of junk made of stamped stainless (just like a butter knife) and painted black

you're right..

1. it's made of stainless steel...a sure sign that it's a piece of crap

2. these types of "swords" are more machetes than they are swords....it'd be ok for chopping at some tall weeds but if you hit anything hard it's almost sure to break

#14 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a machetter or something similar?