• 88 results
#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally finish reading my Ultimate spider Man, and never felt such emotional Investment than the last 20 issues of Peters life.

I never read a Comic plot or series with such a powerful moment like these moments that came from Peters death.

Scenes like Aunt May dealing with all the media attention over her adopted sons death, and finds comfort in the very people there who wish to pay their respects, remembering what Peter did made a big difference thanks to this little girl.

Or Captain America feeling personally wronging Peter in life before his death. He even quits the Ultimates and lives out in the Desert for a time.

Or this very touching scene of a angry Mary Jane wanting to blame someone, and a guilty Nick Fur finding comfort with each other by clearing the air. In the Ultimate Verse, Nick Fury was the closest thing Peter had as a father and was partly responsible for the death of his parents.

Moments like these were really well written and the emotion well captured.

Anyone else have powerful Moments in their comics that just overshadow the rest?

#2 Posted by batmannflash (6170 posts) - - Show Bio

ohh these feels

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

An emotional moment for me had to be when Wolverine killed his son Daken in Uncanny X Force #34 of Rick Remender's run. Seeing Wolverine wonder about what his son could have been if had been there to raise him really showed how much Wolverine felt like he failed. It made me empathize for him.

#4 Posted by batmannflash (6170 posts) - - Show Bio

Me being a Batman fanboy, I had to post this. It is from the pages of the silent issue of Batman & Robin #18 after you-know-who dies.

This man has lost his family once more.

Or in Flashpoint, where Bruce reads the letter from his dad.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash:

Damn, that Flashpoint scan just hit an emotional cord in me. Good find man.

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of moments in the JSA series were very powerful. The most memorable for me was when Captain Marvel traveled to the past(with Mr. Terrific and Hawkgirl) and met Black Adam. Adam mentioned how he lost his people and his family, but he managed to find a brother(that brother being Captain Marvel).

#8 Posted by batmannflash (6170 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by PowerHerc (80712 posts) - - Show Bio

When Korvac killed the Avengers in "What if . . " #32.

When Dark Phoenix killed the X-Men in "What if . . "

Then Superman vs Captain Marvel battle in "Kingdom Come."

#10 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3874 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (9891 posts) - - Show Bio

By Rules of This website I can not upload my moment, but It is

The Eclipse of Berserk

#12 Posted by frozenedge (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Betsy giving Warren the life he always wanted with her (marriage, kids, growing old with her) right before he died from the life seed she stabbed into him and then Betsy wanting to stay with him afterwards. And Phobos meeting Ares in the afterlife in the fields of Elysium after dying at the hands of Gorgon. Made Ares seem like more than just a battle-hungry god

#13 Edited by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman & Robin 18. Masterpiece.

#14 Edited by batmannflash (6170 posts) - - Show Bio

"Mad Love." this whole episode from BTAS made me feel depressed for quite awhile. You probably need context to understand this one and for it to be powerful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpr5QFuXzxo

Here are some more. May contain spoilers from Batman Inc 8/9, Flashpoint, Mad Love, and Red Hood 18. Excuse my Batfanboyism.

#15 Edited by batmannflash (6170 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker: yeah I already posted this one in a comment above from 2 hours ago. I love it! Very powerful scan :) Do you think they should make an animated movie about the stuff with Damian in the new 52?

#16 Posted by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by rugrat (174 posts) - - Show Bio

It is hard to discern my best moment but I can saw that I was in awe of how shadowcat from x-men became a ninja when she went to japan with wolverine my respect went up

But... the most powerful moment I felt was when cyborg (teen titans animated) beat, the living c#$p out of brother blood after getting his limbs torn off ...

Just watch the show it has some awsome moment when it isnt filler

#18 Posted by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash said:

@reignmaker: yeah I already posted this one in a comment above from 2 hours ago. I love it! Very powerful scan :) Do you think they should make an animated movie about the stuff with Damian in the new 52?

Oh, yeah you did. Yeah, that issue really blew me away.

I don't generally watch the animated DVD's. But if they could tell Damian's story in a movie or two, I'd probably make an exception and watch it.

#19 Posted by Pokeysteve (7920 posts) - - Show Bio

The end of Birthright. A beautiful spin on Jor-El's and Lara's last few moments.

#20 Posted by Immortal777 (6692 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by Xwraith (14617 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke's illusion of how her and Archangel's life should have been in Uncanny X-Force #18.

#22 Edited by Immortal777 (6692 posts) - - Show Bio

The death of the original Superman.

#23 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

All-Star Superman has so many moments for me:

Always loved this moment from the Batman RIP epilogue too:

#24 Edited by Immortal777 (6692 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Edited by JoeChill (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Me being a Batman fanboy, I had to post this. It is from the pages of the silent issue of Batman & Robin #18 after you-know-who dies.

This man has lost his family once more.

Or in Flashpoint, where Bruce reads the letter from his dad.

#26 Posted by Immortal777 (6692 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by SoA (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: very powerful and emotional. great way to end the series

#28 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by PowerHerc (80712 posts) - - Show Bio

There are two more I forgot to mention:

Thor fighting a hopeless battle against the entire Fourth Celestial Host in "Thor" #300.

Hercules being goaded into battle and then thrashing Zeus in "Hercules: Prince of Power" Vol. 2, No.4.

#30 Posted by JediXMan (29295 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

Three things, a school bus full of powerless children, a rocket launcher, and an extremist hate group.

#32 Posted by OverLordArhas (7383 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@rugrat said:

It is hard to discern my best moment but I can saw that I was in awe of how shadowcat from x-men became a ninja when she went to japan with wolverine my respect went up

But... the most powerful moment I felt was when cyborg (teen titans animated) beat, the living c#$p out of brother blood after getting his limbs torn off ...

Just watch the show it has some awsome moment when it isnt filler

I remember that too. I really liked that show. I liked that alot better than the crap Teen titans that replaced Young Justice which also had intense moments.

#34 Posted by batmannflash (6170 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Young Justice had a lot of touching scenes

Zatara becoming Dr. Fate. "Remember, Zatanna, I love you."

Wally dying :(

and many more

#35 Edited by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read it today, but I think it is an perfect moment. The other bottom moment (the Spider-Man one) panel is probably my favorite.

Warning: If you haven't read the comic, this scene wont make sense. (Superman:Birthright Spoiler)

#36 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Death of Captain America shocked me but Peter Parker visiting Uncle Bens grave after Caps death was emotional.

#37 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy's death in Infinite Crisis, Blue Marvel's wife's death, the moment where Wonder girl discovers that Tim has been trying to clone Superboy, Lian's death in cry for justice, freedom beast's death in cry for justice, the moment spiderman realizes that the world is an illusion in house of m, the moment when mystique is protecting the mutant children in age of x, sentry begging for death in siege, the big father/ son moment between clark/ pa kent in superman origins, when kyle rayner discovers jade's body, nightcrawler's death in second coming, the moment in final crisis where all the superheroes are at the graveyard, honoring the dead, when flash enters the speed force in infinite crisis, stature's death in children's crusade, when firestorm is forced to kill gehenna in blackest night, all of the "demon in the bottle" moments

#38 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

The ending of Rice Boy.
Also when he meets his parents.

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (14443 posts) - - Show Bio

Whaever Happened to the Caped Crusader.
Final Crisis #6 - Superman holding Batman's corpse.
Batman Incorporated #8 - Bruce holding Damian's corpse.
Batman and Robin #18 - Bruce holding Damian's Robin costume and the whole issue.
Ultimate Peter's death.

#40 Edited by Teerack (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

The moment created a huge burst of fear, horror, and anxiety for me to the point where i got an instant headache and felt sick.

#41 Edited by TDK_1997 (14443 posts) - - Show Bio

I almost forget about Uncanny X-Force #34 when Wolverine kills Daken and thinks about how he had failed him.

#42 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Young Justice had a lot of touching scenes

Zatara becoming Dr. Fate. "Remember, Zatanna, I love you."

Wally dying :(

and many more

Wally Dying was hard, especially because or Artemis. Also when Artemis died (She didnt, but at the time) by Aqualads hands was a WTF moment for me.

#43 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Batman and Robin #18 is the single best issue of the New 52, haven't felt that emotional while reading a comic book for a long time, and Bruce's last words to Alfred after his death was also very emotional.

#44 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6723 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter's "death" in ASM 700. Just how he had been cheated and how as I reader you know his legacy would be forever damaged just by the nature of what Ock would perceive as heroic. I also felt a heartstring when Cap surrendered himself to end the super-hero Civil War, only to be gunned down.

#45 Posted by chalkshark (1180 posts) - - Show Bio

#46 Posted by MarlboroMan (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer-Requiem and the King Thor stories in the Mighty Thor (i dont remember the exact issues) they were the best and most effective issues i have ever read

#48 Edited by w0nd (2732 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

When Bruce Banner after fighting and defeating Skaar as The Hulk went up to his then-humanoid son and hugged him, thus breaking the Banner family cycle of abuse.

The Flash giving his life to save the universe from the Anti-Monitor.

#50 Edited by JulieDC (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't care much for the story (resurrection of ra's al ghul) but the subplot with robin and nightwing and this image made me extend my love for Tim Drake to include Dick Grayson as well.