#1 Posted by IamGog (298 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6719 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I am loving superman new 52 I grew up with modern supes (pre 52) so my votes goes to him.

#3 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Modern age or All Star.

#4 Posted by tomlikesfries (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh God, who in the world would vote for Superboy Prime?

Some men just want to watch the world burn...

#5 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

There's cool things about some of those specific-event supermen (KC, ASS, etc), but I'll take normal continuity Supes (I).

#6 Posted by IamGog (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: glad you like it, get more people. I need to survey entire comicvine.

#7 Posted by IamGog (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries: That was me, the guy made the poll question.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7990 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries said:

LMAO.

New Earth is the only way to go for me.

#9 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK if this is a "dumb" Q, but do most people group Superboy Prime with the Superman featured in Secret Identity (& solely because they're both "Clark Kent" in a world where superheros exist only in comics)? Because personality/characterization wise, they're both quite different (not to mention within SI Clark grows up, has a family, etc. While in normal continuity SP was obviously "trapped" as a teen during his existence outside normal reality (resulting in most of his psychological problems).

#10 Posted by IamGog (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: There are two like you described.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

I like new 52 and my name states Allstar is great. But I voted pre-flashpoint. Mostly because secret origin, brainiac, and new krypton.

#12 Posted by logy5000 (6167 posts) - - Show Bio

All-Star. He's so underrated.

#13 Posted by tomlikesfries (4930 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@tomlikesfries said:

LMAO.

New Earth is the only way to go for me.

Haha, same.

@IamGog said:

@tomlikesfries: That was me, the guy made the poll question.

Y U DO DAT?!

#14 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the pariah of morals Superman, but I really like the more proactive version in this week's Injustice.

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure which one of the choices is supposed to be "Bronze Age Superman" (meaning pre-crisis/Pre-Byrne/Pre-modern Superman), but that's my favorite.

#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

I'm not sure which one of the choices is supposed to be "Bronze Age Superman" (meaning pre-crisis/Pre-Byrne/Pre-modern Superman), but that's my favorite.

Pre-Crisis, to me, is Silver Age. I look at it as the birth and death of Barry Allen (1954-Whenever Crisis was).

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@PowerHerc said:

Pre-Crisis, to me, is Silver Age. I look at it as the birth and death of Barry Allen (1954-Whenever Crisis was).

I understand what you're saying but the general consensus seems to be the Silver Age started with the Barry Allen Flash in the late 50's and ended in 1970.

The Bronze Age is supposed to be from 1970 to "Crisis on Infinite Earth's" in 1985. The Modern Age was supposed to have started in 1986.

This poll doesn't clearly identify, not clear to me anyway, the Bronze Age Superman.

#18 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth one was the best. for me it was the only comic that actually made him seem alone and disconnected with the world. and there was a certain sadness to him

#19 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're getting super picky, the poll's also missing the Super-Dick, Golden Age Superman

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@PowerHerc said:

I understand what you're saying but the general consensus seems to be the Silver Age started with the Barry Allen Flash in the late 50's and ended in 1970.

The Bronze Age is supposed to be from 1970 to "Crisis on Infinite Earth's" in 1985. The Modern Age was supposed to have started in 1986.

This poll doesn't clearly identify, not clear to me anyway, the Bronze Age Superman.

Why 1970? Was there a specific event that happened?

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@PowerHerc sai

@Gambit1024 said:

@PowerHerc said:

I'm not sure but I think it was said to change from Silver to Bronze because Marvel was finally able to publish a lot more titles because they didn't have to use the DC-owned distributor anymore and because restrictions on horror & monster comics were loosened. That was also the year Jack Kirby, one of the cornerstones of Marvel Comics, left Marvel and went to work for DC.

#22 Edited by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@PowerHerc sai

@Gambit1024 said:

@PowerHerc said:

I'm not sure but I think it was said to change from Silver to Bronze because Marvel was finally able to publish a lot more titles because they didn't have to use the DC-owned distributor anymore and because restrictions on horror & monster comics were loosened. That was also the year Jack Kirby, one of the cornerstones of Marvel Comics, left Marvel and went to work for DC.

I can see why those would be significant enough to birth a new age. Personally, I would've guessed that the "real world" issues (the drug issue of ASM that lead to the eventual downfall of the CCA, specifically) would've been the thing to start a new age. Pretty sure that that issue was published in 1972, though.

#23 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Between New 52 and Earth One :D

#24 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

KC Superman for me

#25 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Superboy Prime. i just wish that he still has a part in the new 52 soon.

#26 Posted by IamGog (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: what you think of magic superman, or silver age?

#27 Posted by IamGog (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@chocobojam: you and me are the only ones who like superboy prime.

#28 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23013 posts) - - Show Bio

@IamGog said:

@AllStarSuperman: what you think of magic superman, or silver age?

By magic do you mean 5 dimension? I don't care for him that much...

SA is cool but he's not the superman for me.

#29 Posted by xybernauts (853 posts) - - Show Bio

For me its between the New 52 version (Action Comics only) and Allstar Superman. I picked Allstar Superman cause New 52's Action Comics success is diluted by Superman comics.

#30 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Mullet Superman!

#31 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Superman.