• 80 results
#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

greek? Egyptian? norse? i like greek myself

#2 Posted by joewell (6240 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek, but I don't know about many more

#3 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Egyptian. I want an AC game set there.

#4 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

demonlogy, like the show supernatural.

#5 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek. Love Posiedon. Apollo and Haracles.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante's Inferno.

#7 Edited by Gordyman (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Judeo-Christian

#8 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Omg why have they not done that?! You could assassinate tut or cleopatra or hatpshut...I can't spell her name

#10 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman: Why? Why would you say that? There's an entire thread for you to voice your opinion about religion.

#11 Edited by Gordyman (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Mythology = Religion and besides nobody ever says Judeo-Christian mythology :D.

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (26686 posts) - - Show Bio

Norse for me! Thor seals the deal :D

#13 Edited by M3th (1775 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek or Roman. MetH always gets tHem two confused. MetH doesn't know tHe otHer mytHologies.

June'sVeryOwn

#14 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman: Well what you posted was very offensive. But go ahead. Type what you please.

#15 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had the most exposure to Greco-Roman, but I'm more interested in Aztec and Norse.

#16 Posted by Gordyman (449 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by JediXMan (27954 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek, Norse, Egyptian. A little curious about Aztec mythology, as well.

#18 Posted by TheHipKid (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek, but prefer Loki (not Marvel Loki).

#19 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio
@sog7dc said:

@gordyman: Well what you posted was very offensive. But go ahead. Type what you please.

I'm a christian but I don't see how his post was in any ways offensive. It's not even voicing anything about his own personal beliefs, you can make probable assumptions out of it but he himself never voiced his own beliefs in the matter. It would have been offensive if he took a jab at christians but he didn't. I mean there are still people in this world that believe in the Greek Gods should I say anyone here who posts that they like Greek mythology are being "very offensive"? Or is it only offensive if the numbers of worshipers are extremely numerous?

#20 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

i like all but favorite greek & egyptian.

#21 Edited by Gordyman (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat: You misunderstood, I didn't say or even imply that Christianity was fake. I'm a Christian myself as a matter of fact. When I say Judeo-Christian mythology I mean the various stories in the Bible, I probably should have worded it better.

#22 Posted by JwwProd (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek.

Though are we allowed to pick the Cthukhu Mythos? if so then the Cthulhu Mythos is my favorite mythology followed by Greek.

#23 Edited by Marionettegeist (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek or Egyptian probably. Do Cthulhu and Batman count?

#24 Edited by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Native American folklore mythology?

#25 Posted by BloodTalon (411 posts) - - Show Bio

I love all mythology but Norse is my top. BTW I mean the real Norse myths not the marvel. I do enjoy the marvel Thor but the real myths are way better.

#26 Posted by Outside_85 (7113 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont really have a favorite, the all have great stuff in them. But normally if I had to choose; Norse.

#27 Edited by Bierschneeman (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman: i would never say judeo christian, or Islamic, or Hindi. or shinto... or ANY other religion that is still practiced today is a mythology....whether I believe in the religion or not....based on the actual definition of mythology...

look up the definition...and don't use the internet to do so.

like the man said, theres a whole thread where you can express your views about religion I have no problem with it, but I can see how some might.

#28 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on my mood, been reading a lot of meso-american and west-african mythology lately for various reasons.

#29 Posted by Bierschneeman (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

ive always been big into norse mythology...but over the last few years, sumerian mythology has intrigued me a lot.

#30 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (793 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek

#31 Posted by KnightRise (4753 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

@johnnygat: You misunderstood, I didn't say or even imply that Christianity was fake. I'm a Christian myself as a matter of fact. When I say Judeo-Christian mythology I mean the various stories in the Bible, I probably should have worded it better.

No, what you said was perfectly fine. Its an overreaction on the OP's part.

#32 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek

#33 Posted by kgb725 (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the most about greek and Egyptian so ill go with them

#34 Edited by CaptainUzi (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek has the best legends, but they're all pretty interesting.

#35 Posted by Gordyman (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman: Mythology: a set of stories, traditions, or beliefs associated with a particular group or the history of an event,arising naturally or deliberately fostered.

That's one of the definitions according to dictionary.com and this is what I meant.

#36 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4686 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek, but Norse is a close second.

#37 Posted by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Irish Legends, cause I'm patriotic like that!

#38 Edited by Bierschneeman (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

@bierschneeman: Mythology: a set of stories, traditions, or beliefs associated with a particular group or the history of an event,arising naturally or deliberately fostered.

That's one of the definitions according to dictionary.com and this is what I meant.

I said don't use the internet...and theres a good reason.... I once, as a favor to a less computer literate professor friend of mine, wrote a ridicules article on Wikipedia, so he shall be able to exemplify EXACTLY why he did not allow Wikipedia (or any internet sites for that matter) for citation on students papers... this article was written earlier on in wikipedias history, and took 1.5 years to get corrected (corrector labeled it as vandalism...rightly so)

Here is the definition from my Webster's New Collegiate from my own 'Home Library' Mythology: (paraphrased) The Study of Myths and Mythos or a branch of knowledge focused on myths...ok lets look at Myth since the definition keeps relying on the word myth to tell us what they mean.

Myth: (verbatim) a: a person or thing having only imaginary or unverifiable existence b: an ill founded belief held uncritically esp. by an interested group 2: PARABLE ALLEGORY

Parable:(verbatim) a Short Fictitious story that illustrates the moral attitude of a religious people

Yeah.... I wouldn't trust Dictionary.com to define 'book'...properly. nonetheless ANYTHING I actually want the right definition for... they have called out several times to change their definitions for being inaccurate.

I asked you a simple task... no internet for your definition.

#39 Edited by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

Indian, Egyptian, Greek, Norse etc.

#40 Edited by Gordyman (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman: Dictionary.com is not Wikipedia. The whole point of Wikipedia is that its articles are written and edited by users, which is why it is not a credible source. Dictionary.com is basically a dictionary on the internet that is not edited by anybody.

#41 Posted by Squares (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek, no contest.

#42 Posted by Bierschneeman (3291 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

@bierschneeman: Dictionary.com is not Wikipedia. The whole point of Wikipedia is that its articles are written and edited by users, which is why it is not a credible source. Dictionary.com is basically a dictionary on the internet that is not edited by anybody.

not edited by anybody....so no one edits it? again They have been called out before because their definitions are inaccurate..

it also is considered. NOT A CREDIBLE SOURCE....sure its better than Urban Dictionary, its better than Wikipedia and only slightly better than freedictionary...but it is still not a credible source, because random users can help redefine words... and have.

the dictionary.com as not as user controlled as wikipedia, but its not lexicographers creating the definitions. its an advertising company....

there I said it, Dictionary.com is an advertising company.... they make money to promote definitions that go along with companies they advertise for.

#43 Edited by Gordyman (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman: Well having checked the source, that particular definition is based off of the Random House dictionary. Is this not credible either?

#44 Posted by SoftMachineOo (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Norse and Inca.

#45 Posted by EnigmaLantern (663 posts) - - Show Bio

Tied between Greek and Egyptian, with Norse closely behind. Inca, Aztec and Mayan are also very interesting.

#46 Posted by Xwraith (10910 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Greek most when I was a kid, but I've grown to like Egyptian and Norse more.

#47 Edited by Mitrageist (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's! Just kidding, I like Greek mythology the most.

#48 Posted by BigCimmerian (7565 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Egyptian. I want an AC game set there.

what is AC?

#49 Posted by HumanRocket (4867 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek hands down. Love it when I read alot of it during my middle school days. Now I'm getting ito Norse myths

#50 Posted by BigCimmerian (7565 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Egyptian mythology in comics.