What is the point in petitioning for cancelled TV Shows?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

I know people will try to raise petitions to get Young Justice or Green Lantern back to TV. But seriously, did this ever worked out at all? Several other much popular shows got cancelled before like Avengers the Earth Mightiest Heroes and Batman the Brave and Bold, and everyone tried to raise money to get them back. Did it work out? No. So what is the point?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

Doing something is better than doing nothing I suppose.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DarkDay

@Dragonborn_CT said:

I know people will try to raise petitions to get Young Justice or Green Lantern back to TV. But seriously, did this ever worked out at all? Several other much popular shows got cancelled before like Avengers the Earth Mightiest Heroes and Batman the Brave and Bold, and everyone tried to raise money to get them back. Did it work out? No. So what is the point?

Because every once in awhile it works. Well that and the reason people try to do anything about something that is completely and utterly out of their control, and that's to not feel powerless.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Manbehindthewires

@Dragonborn_CT: Roswell got un-cancelled after fans sent thousands of bottles of Tobasco to the network, Community got un-cancelled due to the "Six seasons and a movie" campaign and a lot of tv petitions are the reason behind immortalizing an "unpopular" series on DVD, suchas firefly...even if they didn't save the show.

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NewComicGuy

I also recall a TV show on CBS getting another season due to a petition(Jericho). I never watched it but know it had a loud fanbase. Of course, I think it was cancelled the following year but it did get one more renewal through petition all the same.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Well there is a slim hope they could get the show back, if not at least another season.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

It worked for Chuck several times IIRC. It seemed like every season it was getting canceled and brought back. :p

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Pyrogram

Do not think it works :(

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By akbogert

Indeed, while the handful of shows named here are the exceptions rather than the rule, the fact remains that protests have been successful in the past, and that's all the hope a devoted fan needs to justify at least making the effort.