What is the deal with the new X-men ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the new x-men ? now there are 2 Cyclops, iceman, beast, angel and a new jean ? were did they come from ? are they from the past of the mainstream universe or from the past of a different universe or what ? I ask because on the marvel database it says there from... Earth-TRN240. I looked it up too. it says that... "An alternate Earth-616 set in the past from where the X-Men were taken to the present Earth-616 by Beast.[1] Beast intended the younger X-Men to return, but Jean convinced them to remain until they can ensure Xavier's dream on peaceful coexistence become a reality."

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

They are the Original Five X-Men from an earlier point in time that Beast came to bring to the future because Beast is a sanctimonious d-bag that believes that by screwing with the timeline and bringing their younger selves into present day will make current day Cyclops see how far he has fallen and turn himself into the authorities for killing Professor X after becoming possessed from a giant star eating cosmic firebird.

That is really all there is to it.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JakeN7

@god_spawn: Seriously. C'mon guys, it ain't that complicated...

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Jphu8414

Indeed they are the original 5 X-Men brought from the past to the present, and you can thank Beast for all of this (or Brian Michael Bendis)

I assumed they were from the 616 past though? I have absolutely no idea about the whole Earth-TRN240 thing you just said. Then there is the whole crazy story line in the Battle of the Atom crossover that muddles things even more:

*Spoilers for Battle of the Atom*

Past Jean Grey from the future comes to the present to to tell past Jean Grey to back to the past but in the end blows herself up in the final battle...wrap your head around that

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

Indeed they are the original 5 X-Men brought from the past to the present, and you can thank Beast for all of this (or Brian Michael Bendis)

I assumed they were from the 616 past though? I have absolutely no idea about the whole Earth-TRN240 thing you just said. Then there is the whole crazy story line in the Battle of the Atom crossover that muddles things even more:

Past Jean Grey from the future comes to the present to to tell past Jean Grey to back to the past but in the end blows herself up in the final battle...wrap your head around that

well just because there the same x-men dose not mean its the same universe. that's way it says... "An alternate Earth-616" oh I know is there some what to contact Brian Michael Bendis and ask him ? he dose have a facebook page but you can't send messages. I tried : (

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jphu8414 said:

well just because there the same x-men dose not mean its the same universe. that's way it says... "An alternate Earth-616" oh I know is there some what to contact Brian Michael Bendis and ask him ? he dose have a facebook page but you can't send messages. I tried : (

Ugh I feel you man, time travel in Marvel can get seriously confusing.

Ok so I'm thinking it probably is a different parallel earth that isn't 616 but is very similar, because if it is 616 then it is kind of confusing

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

@kid_omega_prime said:

@jphu8414 said:

Ugh I feel you man, time travel in Marvel can get seriously confusing.

Ok so I'm thinking it probably is a different parallel earth that isn't 616 but is very similar, because if it is 616 then it is kind of confusing

I think exiles Blink said it best... "this universe is a pain in the butt"