What is the Best Lizard Figure to Own?

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Heya again! So a few days back I got myself the Marvel Select Disney Store exclusive Lizard that I've been lusting for since I first heard of its existence. I love the figure, as I do all my action figures, but I do have some issues. Stiff then too loose joints, bright colors, stiff jacket.

Pretty trivial, but nonetheless still there.

I have 3 action Lizard figures thus far: The Marvel Selects (Amazing Lizard and Comic Book Lizard) and the Spider-man Origins Lizard I got a while back as a birthday gift.

Now I'm looking out for more Lizards to add to my collection. (Doesn't help that I have a growing collection of Select Hulks as well.)

The old fabric cape Hasbro Lizard looks cool, and I've toyed with the idea of getting it, not for it being The Lizard, but because it reminds me of my first original character Geotrix, a monster I hope to make legitimate in the comic world some day.

Articulation is trivial for me; it has to look good. Posability somewhat but I'm no Legend Collector.

Another I've only lightly toyed with is the Fearsome Foes Legends Lizard, but I hate its face. The teeth are screwed up and the paint apps look splotched on the skin somewhat.

Plus, like all other Legends figures, it costs a limb to buy.

Lastily is the more obscure MTV Lizard. I like the design, but it needs clothes. My big brained idea being a simple clothes swap with Hasbro Lizard to the MTV Lizard, but I doubt it'd work and I have been known to count my raptors before they hatch anyways.

But to you fans, which Lizard would you recommend? Either the ones above or others I haven't considered.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

The Marvel Legends one is the est.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

The biggest hurdle is that it costs too much, a problem I always have with legends. Selects are superior most often because of cheaper prices for better design and mass.

But how is the Ultimate Lizard figure? Is it on par with the Fearsome Foes Marvel Legend version?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

The biggest hurdle is that it costs too much, a problem I always have with legends. Selects are superior most often because of cheaper prices for better design and mass.

But how is the Ultimate Lizard figure? Is it on par with the Fearsome Foes Marvel Legend version?

I would say it is in terms of articulation and sculpt.It has an action feature,a button sticks out of the side and if you press it his tail swings and the tail doesn't bend.I would say its on par.

The Hasbro Lizard looks good but the articulation is not very good but you dont seem to too concerned about that so you could go for that one.

The MTV Lizard is also okay,but it doesn't look like the more classic Lizard.Swapping the clothes wouldn't work,I presume you mean the lab coat,because it would be too small.But it does have a good sculpt but is also in a pre posed position.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

It's so hard to only choose one. There are so many good, although the MTV Lizard is impossible to find on EBay. The only place I've seen it for sale is Amazon, but 100 bucks. I could get the McFarlane Classic Monster Set for that same amount.

The swappable coat could work on a thin figure. ShartimusPrime swapped a classic Hulk figure's jacket for the Select Amazing Lizard, and it looked okay-ish.

The MTV Lizard I like because of the move-ability of the pose, and the closing jaws. Plus its Komodo Dragon design is pretty neat, and reminds me a lot of a Spinosaurus.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

It's so hard to only choose one. There are so many good, although the MTV Lizard is impossible to find on EBay. The only place I've seen it for sale is Amazon, but 100 bucks. I could get the McFarlane Classic Monster Set for that same amount.

The swappable coat could work on a thin figure. ShartimusPrime swapped a classic Hulk figure's jacket for the Select Amazing Lizard, and it looked okay-ish.

The MTV Lizard I like because of the move-ability of the pose, and the closing jaws. Plus its Komodo Dragon design is pretty neat, and reminds me a lot of a Spinosaurus.

100? Damn.

Yeah it could work on thinner and smaller figure.

There are actually quite a few good Lizard figures,there is the Hasbro movie Lizard as well but I think the Select version is better so its probably not worth getting.I mean the Ultimate Lizard could be a good choice.It looks a bit like the MTV version.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

The Hasbro movie Lizard has a messed up neck and the feet look like those of a hippo or something. It's decent size, but the Select, for all the joint problems it has, is vastly superior. (pus I have that one in my Select collection :D).

Hopefully Ebay gets a cheaper MTV Lizard in the near future. He'd look great next to my World of Warcraft Worgen plastic statue.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

The Hasbro movie Lizard has a messed up neck and the feet look like those of a hippo or something. It's decent size, but the Select, for all the joint problems it has, is vastly superior. (pus I have that one in my Select collection :D).

Hopefully Ebay gets a cheaper MTV Lizard in the near future. He'd look great next to my World of Warcraft Worgen plastic statue.

It is.

Hopefully.

Need any more suggestions/advice?

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

Not for now (although I do wish I could recolor some figures to show better variation. But that's a wish, not advice I'm afraid. D:)

I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hopefully see if I can get more scaly figures as a gift for my birthday next month.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

Not for now (although I do wish I could recolor some figures to show better variation. But that's a wish, not advice I'm afraid. D:)

I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hopefully see if I can get more scaly figures as a gift for my birthday next month.

Okay

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

:)