Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

With all the thousands of stories and books that are out there, one has too stand out as the all time greatest story. I know my all time favorite is Knightfall: Broken Bat, but that's only my favorite since it was the first series I ever read, and my all time favorite character did the unthinkable and broke the Bat! What Graphic Novel do all you Comic Viners think is the greatest of all time?

#1 Posted by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio

*waits someone to say the Watchmen or Maus
BB

#2 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer Requiem, Is just a personal favourite that I think that everyone should read.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio

but for me it is one of these 100 Bullets volumes. 3, 5, 8, 13.
BB

#4 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: No way Watchmen...was okay

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow:

it's the best thing EVAH!
BB

#6 Edited by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

V for Vendetta. It is a story about a revolution. And I am a revolutionist.

#7 Posted by Night Thrasher (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a HUGE fan of 52. It really got me interested in DC and Greg Rucka in particular. Also, Marvel Graphic Novel series has some definite gems in there.

#8 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity Gauntlet or Cosmic Odyssey.

#9 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen. Even tho I hardly even like DC lol.

#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure this thread has been made many times (I know I've even answered it before)...but to me a graphic novel is something that was never serialized in smaller parts...and glancing at my book shelf, I guess my answer for today would have to be...umm...The Sandman: Endless Nights probably.

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio

well in that case it would probably be a god somewhere even though I haven't read it yet. Have it though.
BB

#12 Posted by exlmagician (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure I have a favorite entirely, I myself prefer the historical fictions. Watchman was a great one, but I'm not sure its a favorite. As hilarious as this one will sound (and you did say graphic novel), I was a big fan of Gundam Wing. Another someday revolution. Its hard to say that any of them can be put against each other though because I also love gorey and that would entail Hellsing. Too many to chose from.

#13 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come is still probably my favorite.

Followed by Rice Boy.(if it counts)

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

*waits someone to say the Watchmen or Maus
BB

They're both good, but... the Best?

#15 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

well in that case it would probably be a god somewhere even though I haven't read it yet. Have it though.
BB

I considered mentioning that one but come on, have you read Endless Nights?

#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanted

Blacksad 1-3

Watchmen

#17 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

It was pretty sweet. But I didn't like the art styles for some bits, even though they did fit well.

They still made things too clunky for me to actually read what was going on. >.>

#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

It was pretty sweet. But I didn't like the art styles for some bits, even though they did fit well.

They still made things too clunky for me to actually read what was going on. >.>

which art are you referring to? I found it all to be incredibly flawless, the use of artists in that graphic novel is one of the finest examples of stories written for art styles IMO, loved it (I love most of those artists regardless of what's written but it just fit so well in Endless Nights)

#19 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: Delirium(although that was probably the point...) and Despair. They just didn't work for me personally.

#20 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Ah, I guess I could see that...although Despair's stories weren't really comics persay but "portraits" so I think the artistic leeway was proper there and I totally dig Sienkiewicz, that might have been my favorite story of the bunch (but again I understand where you're coming from)

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: My fav is probably Death's story.

#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: It was a fun story but I think (ironically) Delirium and Despair's were my favorites...Delirium because the story itself and Despair because it so perfectly captured the character it represented in such an unconventional method. After that, Death, Dream and Desire's stories were all awesome and essential IMO. I enjoy Destruction's story (and it's definitely essential) but mostly just for the Delirium bit for me at least. And well, Destiny's story has some pretty pictures :P

I'm still upset they never made a miniseries for each of The Endless like they promised back in the 90's, in that way I think it's too bad Death's popularity far outshines her siblings, I really would have loved to have seen stories featuring the others.

#23 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: Destruction > Death. Yeah I said it.

#24 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@aztek_the_lost: Destruction > Death. Yeah I said it.

GASP

BLASPHEMY!

#25 Posted by The Stegman (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come

#26 Posted by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

just found a copy of it in a library by accident, lol. God somewhere already won the art department because EN has Quitely and Fabry :p
BB

#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: I hope ya flip some guy the bird, he cuts you off and you're forced to swerve, in front of the Beatles' tour bus, a Bookmobile and a Mack truck, hauling hazardous biological waste, the light turns red you have no brakes, and "Hard Copy" gets it all on tape, so you can see the look on your face, I hope your Pinto begins to spin, takes out a disabled Vietnam Veteran, mows down a Nobel Peace Prize Winner, and maybe some orphans having Christmas dinner, perhaps even the British Royal Family, and the Rabbi that's clutching the bottle-fed puppy, and we can't forget the newlyweds, and those Jerry's Kids are as good as dead, I hope this helps to emphasize, I hope this helps to clarify, I hope you die.

#28 Posted by Billy Batson (57802 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost:

BB

#29 Posted by BADJEREMIE (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Outlaw Nation was good

#30 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen

#31 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Returns

Batman: Year One

Maus

#32 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Demon

#33 Posted by ENGLENTINE (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Barring the Obvious Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns 

TPB = Crisis On Infinite Earths 
Graphic Novel =  Arkham Asylum
#34 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

The dark Knight returns

#35 Posted by The Stegman (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come...it brought me to tears.

#36 Posted by SmashBrawler (5509 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come. It's my favorite comic book of all time.